Rank MI films

zen

MI films   

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best

15 minutes ago, maniac said:

MI2 has some innovative and ground breaking stunts though. John Woo :hatsoff:

I mean some of these stunts are still being ripped off as we speak in some mainstream Masala South or North Indian movie.

I am not sure if the Indian masala film makers are cutting edge  :phehe:

31 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Planning to watch all 6 soon. Heard that I is ok, next 2 are awful and last 3 are terrific. Will probably skip II then, III I have to watch cos of PS Hoffman, one of my all time fav actors. 

1 is good in its way but sports a different theme .... 3 to 6 are loosely linked through themes/key characters. 5 and 6 are relatively closely linked so preferably have to watch in order. 

Edited by zen

I own 4, 5, and 6 so watch them when in the mood for such films  .... 2 & 3 happen to be on Netflix so after 2, rewatched 3 .... 3 is a nice film esp. after the first 40 mins or so (picks up once the MI team arrives in Italy) 

Edited by zen

8 minutes ago, Gollum said:

How would you compare MI 4-6 with the 1st 3 Bourne films?

Bourne films are bit more gritty/intense; MI 4 to 6 has humour in it to keep it going. The Bourne fights as Coffee says are sick (MI ones are bit less realistic/gritty) the hand to hand action in the bourne films are awesome

The MI with Philip Hoffman in it (3?) Was the best, mainly because of him being in it a genuinely fearsome villain. Rest are a little but samey, all awesome action films. I wish we could see more of Jeremy Renner in the last two films though

The first one was a new one of its kind. There was a sense of intrigue, good espionage tactics, plot twist and the face masks thing was a novelty. I picked the 1st movie even though it was technologically archaic compared to the modern ones. The face masks thing has been played out and the modern technology is tacky to say the least. They went from good storylines to predictable ones with technology to cover it all up. And Tom cruise is over the hill he must be applying for mr.M kinda role and leave it to the next generation to take it over. Even better is to stop this MI series. Don't let it be like fast and furious series or google chrome or firefox series :laugh:

Edit: I forgot to comment that MI2 was easily the worst. utterly forgettable film

Edited by Real McCoy

People can have their opinion but MI:4 was undoubtedly the best. People remember only the burj khalifa scene but the car parking action scene and the jump over fan was a gem as well.

Easily the best MI ever made and I am saying this not because they showed India in it.

MI -3 : Had an intriguing  interrogation opening scene, best cast(Laurence Fishburne, PS Hoffman(May he rest in peace) and the Dr. Manhattan guy from watchmen). Loved the opening stunt in Germany and that bit in Vatican followed by blowing off the bridge. I'm placing it at 1 due to personal affection for this film.

Ghost Protocol used to be #2 in my list but now that honor goes to Fallout. Fallout was indeed really really good and I had a tough time not giving it #1. A brutality of a bathroom fight scene. Who is that Asian guy anyway?. He literally kicked solid ass. So many good things about the film. Plane jump, street bike chase and a picturesque ending for the climax scenes. Fallout is the best example of how you can keep yourself improving as a franchise. Not many films have done that. Hats off Tom Cruise.

Ghost Protocol is #3 for its dalliance with all those cool gadgets and of course Mother Russia. Loved the whole Kremlin sequence(sucker for that bgm alone) and the villain was pretty decent. Burj Khalifa action scenes were good. Did not expect the gal to be kicked and thrown off the building. Jeremy Renner did a good job. A fine addition to the franchise.

and the first film is #4.

Special honors to Rogue nation for the plane opening scene. Takes a lot of balls :lol: Didn't like the film much but it wasn't bad.

Edited by Stan AF

7 hours ago, Scar said:

People can have their opinion but MI:4 was undoubtedly the best. People remember only the burj khalifa scene but the car parking action scene and the jump over fan was a gem as well.

Easily the best MI ever made and I am saying this not because they showed India in it.

MI4 has quite a few memorable moments from the opening in Budapest -> Kremlin -> Dubai -> India.  

The Dubai sequence is shot in IMAX and looks breathtaking on screen!

PS from what I recall only the Gateway of India shot in MI4, the establishing shot of the India sequence is actually India. The rest of the India sequences were shot in Dubai and Vancouver. :dontknow:

12 minutes ago, zen said:

PS from what I recall only the Gateway of India shot in MI4, the establishing shot of the India sequence is actually India. The rest of the India sequences were shot in Dubai and Vancouver. :dontknow:

Airport shot is Bengaluru, you can spot signs in Kannada. The whole parking lot action is an IT co building in Electronic city Bengaluru.

19 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Airport shot is Bengaluru, you can spot signs in Kannada. The whole parking lot action is an IT co building in Electronic city Bengaluru.

some establishing clips  .... To revisit the information, I just googled MI4 locations and found the below:

https://moviemaps.org/movies/7e 

The palatial ‘Indian’ home of Brij Nath (Anil Kapoor), where Jane (Paula Patton) needs to get the codes from the frisky billionaire, however, is luxury hotel the Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, Crescent Road, back in Dubai. The production was able to use the hotel, which stands on on Dubai’s artificial Jumeirah Palm Island, for three days before it officially opened.

No more ‘Indian’ is the office of the ‘Sun Network’ TV station from where Hendricks plans to hack into the satellite. This is the three-story office building at 10851 Shellbridge Way, just east of Highway 99 in Richmond, south of Vancouver, British Columbia.

The team is too late to prevent Hendricks from launching a missile, so it becomes a race to abort the attack. Hunt’s frantic chase through the packed streets of ‘Mumbai’ is filmed on Canada Place at Burrard Street, in front of the Vancouver Convention Centre West Building. Did you recognise this as ‘Honolulu Airport’ in the 2014 version of Godzilla?

The centre unfortunately doesn’t have a fab automated multi-level cylindrical parking garage. The structure to which Hunt chases Hendrix and finally retrieves the briefcase, is not real. It was built over six months at the Canadian Motion Picture Park in Vancouver and did actually work. It was finally assembled inside the Vancouver Drydocks warehouse because there wasn’t a sound stage big enough to house it.

If you’re a fan of spectacular automated parking structures, you can see the 20-story Car Towers which inspired its design in the Volkswagen Autostadt attraction in Wolfsburg, Germany.

Edited by zen