How tough was keeping yesterday!

Pant's keeping looks like a work-in-progress to me.  And that is natural as he is only 20.

He is brilliant at diving and collecting.  But his foot-work is not always good and neither is his anticipation ... and he has to dive for some balls because of this.

p.s -- Keeping to seamers was very tough yesterday ... because of the rather frequent late swing after passing the stumps.

5 minutes ago, express bowling said:

They bowled in good areas most of the time.  

This is what caused difficulty for keepers ... and not bowlers' accuracy.

there was accuracy issue too at times. watch the video. bowling so many on leg side is inaccuracy issue.  Most byes are because of that inaccuracy.  check the video in the above cricinfo link.

39 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

Diving is NOT wicket-keeping

Again lol..An agile dive to save a bye is one of the hallmark of quality wkeeper, and pant passed it with flying colors

44 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

are to give us your wicket-keeping credentials that makes you know he employs " proper technique?

He as a rookie on debut took 5 catches in some alien conditions away from home that itself employs credentials of his proper technique no need to explain it in detail and that also trumps the fact that he had looooot of work to do as you initially spouting.

He has age and time on his hand in case of flaws he will learn, but saying he has looooooot of work to do is laughable.. Sorry if that sounds harsh.

24 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

there was accuracy issue too at times. watch the video. bowling so many on leg side is inaccuracy issue.  Most byes are because of that inaccuracy.  check the video in the above cricinfo link.

I watched 90% of the deliveries by our fast bowlers yesterday.  Bad balls were rare barring Pandya.   

Occasional loose deliveries are bowled by every bowler ...  and they get highlighted in videos if byes are conceded.

Just check the pitch map and ER of our 3 main pacers.

Edited by express bowling
2 hours ago, express bowling said:

I watched 90% of the deliveries by our fast bowlers yesterday.  Bad balls were rare barring Pandya.   

Occasional loose deliveries are bowled by every bowler ...  and they get highlighted in videos if byes are conceded.

Just check the pitch map and ER of our 3 main pacers.

i am only talking about those horrendous leg side byes.  So many byes for 4s on leg side is bowlers fault, not keeper's.