India A vs Aus A - 4 day test series

It was only last month that he wrecked havoc with a 10 wicket haul in game. Now he has turned up with a 8 fer in an innings. This is insane stuff, especially for an Indian pacer. His form is exemplary and needs to be rewarded with a place in test squad. Selection right now will motivate him further and we may see him contribute with bulk wicket spells at international level as well. Take a bow :bow:

2 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

The way ishant is bowling, I think siraj and Ishant will make an excellent new ball pair. One of bumrah or Shami will have to miss out.

Bumrah is bowling much better than Ishant and has taken more wickets in the tests they have played together.

Moreover, Ishant has only one wicket taking ball, the inswinger to the right hander. Bumrah has a much wider range of weapons ... the indipper, the ball that angles in and moves away a tad,  balls that bounce suddenly from short of a length, the stump directed yorker or skidder and the proper bouncer. He is much better at setting up batsmen too.

Another point ... it looks like Siraj is better with the slightly older ball and sprays the older ball often.

Edited by express bowling
14 hours ago, rkt.india said:

On a sunny morning, Siraj had been the more wayward opening bowler for India A. As Navdeep Saini bowled a tight opening spell, Siraj leaked boundaries off a predominantly short-of-length strategy.

We have seen this trend with Siraj in all the televised or streamed games of his in the last 2 months, be it unofficial tests or unofficial ODIs.

He sprays the new ball and often looks horrible.

Then comes backs strongly when the ball is a bit older ... and picks up wickets in bunches.

He needs to rectify his new ball bowling. ...  otherwise, in a 2 pacer scenario, he will be put under pressure in international matches and the Team management may quickly assume that he has temperament issues (  after what he did in T20Is ).

4 hours ago, express bowling said:

Siraj has gone for 5 runs an over in his first spell of 4 overs ... while picking up a wicket.

I really hope that a top talent like him cuts out the numerous bad balls that he bowls, especially in his first spell.

It will come back to bite him in the a**  when he plays for India.

He will once in comes in Indian team setup. Must make his debut against WI. both him and Saini. I would not mind both debuting together.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

He will once in comes in Indian team setup. Must make his debut against WI. both him and Saini. I would not mind both debuting together.

I too would like both Siraj and Saini to be in the playing 11 in the tests vs the West Indies.

Not just the squad but actual playing 11.  I hope we don't waste this opportunity to introduce them.