Which opposition player gave you nightmares [retired] ???

velu

18 minutes ago, mishra said:

My dad bought first tele during reliance Cup only. It was a novelty, but he ended up spending for the tournament. So a switch from radio to tele .In reliance cup, His hundred knocked us out of world Cup. How can i ever forget that. He was one hell of accomplished player, And specially against us, He was a beast. I was a kid at the time. Cried at India loosing reliance Cup. And then He effin goes on to score hundred after hundred against us.

And that one time, He scored a tripple hundred against us. There were not that many matches in that period, Hence pain lasted longer.

Afraid I am an era that I saw his first test and a pair. 

He is perfect example of someone who did not have great natural ability but after getting dropped he went away and worked dam hard at his game not just the technique side but the mental  and physical side and achieving the best he could be.

Players such as Rahul, Dhawan and Shaw could do worse than pick up the phone and ask for advice from him in batting in Test cricket .

7 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

Afraid I am an era that I saw his first test and a pair. 

He is perfect example of someone who did not have great natural ability but after getting dropped he went away and worked dam hard at his game not just the technique side but the mental  and physical side and achieving the best he could be.

Players such as Rahul, Dhawan and Shaw could do worse than pick up the phone and ask for advice from him in batting in Test cricket .

Well, When I saw, he was a beast. Youngsters need to realise our best batsman Gavaskar has only one odi hundred. I will say, a odi hundred till relainace cup in that era was something as difficult as getting a double hundred by a Indian in SENA countries in test cricket.

I have no doubt in my mind that had we got Gooch that day (Iirc something happened when he was around 30-40s), We had a very good chance of winning the reliance Cup. Our team was just as good as any other side. I still think, chance wise, we had a better chance in reliance Cup then the WC Lankans beat us and lifted the trophy

This is also the reason, I say, Pakistani ex stars unnecessary portray that there was massive gap between them and Indian side. We were a very good side

Jayasuriya, ranatunga, Saeed anwar,ijaz Ahmed, basit Ali, Graeme hick, Carl Hooper, Richie Richardson, fanie de Villiers, cullinan Daryl, Andy flower

The ones I absolutely hated was ijaz Ahmed and basit Ali, they had this bubble gum chewing persona that made it seem like Indian bowlers were cannon fodder.

Heights if mediocrity in 90s but was fun. cricket is no longer like that now .

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Turning_track said:

Hooper doesn't even used to get out. I felt as if he was using a special blade which had more width. That stony face expression & middling every delivery bowled by our bowlers. 

Hooper & young Sarwan made us suffer so much.

Hey, There was a time when expectation was that all top 5 bats of windies will score atleast 500 runs with atleast 4 of them getting a hundred. Chk this score card. One of the only exception in that expectation. If you check rest of scorecard of series, You will be surprised how dominant they were in test arena

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/16723/scorecard/63469/india-vs-west-indies-4th-test-west-indies-tour-of-india-1987-88

3 hours ago, mishra said:

Hey, There was a time when expectation was that all top 5 bats of windies will score atleast 500 runs with atleast 4 of them getting a hundred. Chk this score card. One of the only exception in that expectation. If you check rest of scorecard of series, You will be surprised how dominant they were in test arena

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/16723/scorecard/63469/india-vs-west-indies-4th-test-west-indies-tour-of-india-1987-88

I have read about this match when Hirwani took 16 scalps in a test against this batting order. I was referring to India's tour of WI in 2002 when Hooper stood as a rock & made close to 600 runs, still India won a test but eventually went on to lose the test series. 
Similarly when WI came here to tour in the winter, India thrashed them in test series. I still vividly remember a collision between Kumble & Ganguly for a catch in that series.

It’s just not jayasuriya India was terrible even under ganguly we toured Sri Lanka then there was this guy perera their all rounder who took few wickets and score 40 odd runs. We had tough time winning over Sri Lanka only after dhoni came over we schooled them apart from t20 World Cup.

Jayasuria felt like hacking his way we didn’t had Srinath for long time  after South Africa tour we had Prasad and kuruvilla. We went to Sharjah and we go beaten by both pak and Sri Lanka. Jayasuria cashed on weak Indian bowling. He used to get out against irfan Pathan and agarkar.