Would India have won Asia cup with Kohli in team as captain?

Trichromatic

On 9/30/2018 at 11:23 AM, Trichromatic said:

What has he won so far?

I can ask this question different way,"What He has lost so far which previous Captains haven't especially in LOIs?" Champions Trophy?? A tournament which is scrapped now and nobody was here even hopeful that India would make it to Final before it started? I can understand our emotional element attached to it as it was against Pakistan in Final,But You cant just assume that We would have won had we batted first. Kohli receives unnecessary flakes here for that loss which was attributed to many factors other than Captaincy. We have lost ICC tourney under MSD,too-Many of them getting knocked out without reaching knockouts.Why He should get off scott free-Just because India have won some 3 trophies out of 10 He has captained? Just checkout our records before He took over.What a miserable looking pathetic record India had between 2012 to 2017 barring Ct13 Ct.Not a single ODI win in 2014 ODIs overseas except beating depleted England side.Lost against Bangladesh.SA pulverized us at Home series.Could win single ODI against Australian B attack consisting of Paris and Boland. Moreover the Captain back then did jack with bat. Compared to that Kohli is certainly upgrade. He is yet to complete 2 years of LOI captaincy.India have won against SA.Australia and NZ odis is yet to take place. And yes,He is aware of the fact that Captain has to bat,too. 

Look,Rohit is looking good just as Kohli looked good when He used to be in charge in Dhoni's absence.We all know what happened to our expectations when He took over full time.Rohit has done nothing special whenever He has captained in Blues(Not MI).Biggest minus of Kohli is we all know-His treatment of KLR and him sucking up to Mahibhai both on and off the field.I would have given it to Rohit had He somehow played KLR over the oldies going against management citing KLR is definitely superior batsman.Same **** happened under him,too..

Coming to inciting point of this thread,Saying straight out that "We would not have won Asia cup under Kohli" is nothing but exaggerating statement.

Edited by Bigg Brother
1 hour ago, Bigg Brother said:

I can ask this question different way,"What He has lost so far which previous Captains haven't especially in LOIs?" Champions Trophy?? A tournament which is scrapped now and nobody was here even hopeful that India would make it to Final before it started? I can understand our emotional element attached to it as it was against Pakistan in Final,But You cant just assume that We would have won had we batted first. Kohli receives unnecessary flakes here for that loss which was attributed to many factors other than Captaincy. We have lost ICC tourney under MSD,too-Many of them getting knocked out without reaching knockouts.Why He should get off scott free-Just because India have won some 3 trophies out of 10 He has captained? Just checkout our records before He took over.What a miserable looking pathetic record India had between 2012 to 2018 barring Ct13 Ct.Not a single ODI win in 2014 ODIs overseas except beating depleted England side.Lost against Bangladesh.SA pulverized us at Home series.Could win single ODI against Australian B attack consisting of Paris and Boland. Moreover the Captain back then did jack with bat. Compared to that Kohli is certainly upgrade. He is yet to complete 2 years of LOI captaincy.India have won against SA.Australia and NZ odis is yet to take place. And yes,He is aware of the fact that Captain has to bat,too. 

Look,Rohit is looking good just as Kohli looked good when He used to be in charge in Dhoni's absence.We all know what happened to our expectations when He took over full time.Rohit has done nothing special whenever He has captained in Blues(Not MI).Biggest minus of Kohli is we all know-His treatment of KLR and him sucking up to Mahibhai both on and off the field.I would have given it to Rohit had He somehow played KLR over the oldies going against management citing KLR is definitely superior batsman.Same **** happened under him,too..

Coming to inciting point of this thread,Saying straight out that "We would not have won Asia cup under Kohli" is nothing but exaggerating statement.

True and also if there is Ashwin and jadu combo still playing we would have coincided  more than 300  tub hamari  Phatt jati

Edited by VT87
6 hours ago, Bigg Brother said:

I can ask this question different way,"What He has lost so far which previous Captains haven't especially in LOIs?" Champions Trophy?? A tournament which is scrapped now and nobody was here even hopeful that India would make it to Final before it started? I can understand our emotional element attached to it as it was against Pakistan in Final,But You cant just assume that We would have won had we batted first. Kohli receives unnecessary flakes here for that loss which was attributed to many factors other than Captaincy. We have lost ICC tourney under MSD,too-Many of them getting knocked out without reaching knockouts.Why He should get off scott free-Just because India have won some 3 trophies out of 10 He has captained? Just checkout our records before He took over.What a miserable looking pathetic record India had between 2012 to 2017 barring Ct13 Ct.Not a single ODI win in 2014 ODIs overseas except beating depleted England side.Lost against Bangladesh.SA pulverized us at Home series.Could win single ODI against Australian B attack consisting of Paris and Boland. Moreover the Captain back then did jack with bat. Compared to that Kohli is certainly upgrade. He is yet to complete 2 years of LOI captaincy.India have won against SA.Australia and NZ odis is yet to take place. And yes,He is aware of the fact that Captain has to bat,too. 

Lets put it simple. KLR did give a interview that management has spoken to him. i.e. Rohit is definitely setting some expectation /requirement from KLR.

One other side, Nair has no clue why is he warming the bench in red ball Cricket.

This is very basic difference in soft skill is what is difference between someone being classed as n00B and someone being classed as approachable