Countdown to ICF turning on Rishabh Pant

Global.Baba

6 hours ago, rkt.india said:

You won't find many better 20-21 year olds in t20 cricket.

No one denies his talent. Yesterday both DK and Dhawan played attacking high strike rate knocks but there was nothing ugly about their innings. By ugly not necessarily everything has to be aesthetically pleasing to the eye. However there was a clear method to their hitting. The good balls were knocked for 1s and 2s. With Pant it is usually a 6 and even the 1s and dot balls are usually mistimed hoicks. As I said I have seen his test knock and think he has a world of potential but don’t think he has brains........YET!!!

Dhoni looked very ungainly and unorthodox too at the start but even before all this finisher and consolidator crap that he started you could see that he had a plan even when he was attacking.

16 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

21 years is no excuse for being brainless. Rush of blood is different from having no match awareness.

Throwing your bat at everything is not the answer. For example Rohit and Kohli got out  rash shot because they were falling behind on the rate. Dhawan and Karthik played attacking innings and got out playing a shot but every shot of theirs looked calculated.

Pant’s every shot or plan just seems to be hoick the ball as hard as he can regardless of the situation. As I said he played a very good aggressive innings in a test match, there is being aggressive and attacking and then there is just looking like a person without a plan and swinging  at everything.

Trust me I am aware of pants ability but it is not translating well.

That's sad reality other than Shaw/Gill i don't see many youngsters who play all around the wicket. Be it Pant/Iyer/Krunal they mostly give sense of slogging and either they are leg side heck or Spinners bashing monsters. We need player in the mould of Yuvraj or young Raina for lower down the order. Someone was referring Ishan he is also no different than Pant. I know it's against the popular believe that Pant and Kishan are big hitter but reality is they have to change their game and be more all around cricketer if they want to survive and sustain in international arena.

44 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

No one denies his talent. Yesterday both DK and Dhawan played attacking high strike rate knocks but there was nothing ugly about their innings. By ugly not necessarily everything has to be aesthetically pleasing to the eye. However there was a clear method to their hitting. The good balls were knocked for 1s and 2s. With Pant it is usually a 6 and even the 1s and dot balls are usually mistimed hoicks. As I said I have seen his test knock and think he has a world of potential but don’t think he has brains........YET!!!

Dhoni looked very ungainly and unorthodox too at the start but even before all this finisher and consolidator crap that he started you could see that he had a plan even when he was attacking.

Once again, do you think someone without brains can hit a Test 100 in Eng, have a FC average of 50+ as a keeper-batsman, hit a 48 ball FC 100, won tough chases for India A and score 600+ runs in an IPL , something only a handful of batsmen have done.

3 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Once again, do you think someone without brains can hit a Test 100 in Eng, have a FC average of 50+ as a keeper-batsman, hit a 48 ball FC 100, won tough chases for India A and score 600+ runs in an IPL , something only a handful of batsmen have done.

He also has a List a average in the 20’s, shows that may be he doesn’t have the patience in limited overs format at this point. T20 is a hackfest sure, but it is still cricket and there are still basics like playing according to the situation applicable there.

Edited by Global.Baba

As long as he is scoring good number of runs at a acceptable T20 strike rate, that is enough. Don't care too much about the technique and flow of bat or balance of body while tonking sixers or playing that one shot.The bad technique in the case of that hoick is not even a trade off for the sr.In fact he is benefiting from those whacks, so i will happily take those runs.It's not as if he is falling or losing balance on every shot he is playing. 

Pant’s shot did not have any value

Ganguly, who captained India the last time they returned unbeaten from Australia in Tests, asked the 21-year-old to focus on his shot selection and not manufacture shots that only invite danger. Speaking to IndiaTV, the 46-year-old former southpaw said: “Rishabh Pant could’ve won the match for India with Dinesh Karthik. The way he was batting with Karthik and took the match close for India, the shot didn’t have any value.”

Pant and Karthik (30 off 13) took over after opener Shikhar Dhawan (76 off 42) got out after giving India a good launching pad. India’s two big guns – captain Virat Kohli (4) and vice-captain Rohit Sharma (4) failed to fire in this match as the visitors tasted their first loss in a T20I on Australian soil since 2011-12.

Ganguly also said the team management should talk to Pant and ask to refrain from playing risky shots and use the bat straight. He said Pant is not in bad form but make use of his ability and power to hit straight.

https://www.crictracker.com/sourav-ganguly-not-impressed-with-pants-shot-selection-suggests-a-better-approach/