National selectors biased against Mumbai players, says Sunil Gavaskar

Apart from R Samarth everyone from current A team has better batting average than Siddhesh Lad. 8 batsmen averaging over 50. 2 very near to 50.  whereas Siddhesh Lad is stuck at 43 after 7 years of FC cricket. Only R Samarth and Easwaran are near his average but then those two are openers.  Everyone else has a better innings: 100 ratio than Siddesh Lad. In some cases the batsmen are taking significantly lesser matches to score a ton.

In this list itself there are 10 batsmen averaging better than him and 11 having better 100 conversion.  And these are some of the players i picked from top of my head.  There will be few more averaging better than him on both parameters..  Also, there are many players having the ordinary average of 43 in FC. It is nothing spectacular to average 43 and slightly more. I have not mentioned them because they too are out of contention due to ordinary averages or are aged up for consideration to A Teams and future of Indian cricket.   6 of these players debuted in same year alongwith him but they are also ahead of him.

image.png.7053048e4b50563920ec9e8580c1ad1b.png

3 hours ago, Kothili said:

Bakwaskar lost his marbles. Senile old fool.

When Sunny talked about Prithvi Shaw and Rishabh Pant it was fine.  The issue with taking up name of Siddhesh Lad who is an average Ranji Cricketer as there are many better than him, it comes across as a very biased opinion and hence Sunny has lost some credibility.  At least pick the right candidate next time to be taken seriously.

On 12/4/2018 at 10:41 AM, velu said:

@Pollack  "kar" bhai .. your views  :p:

I am not "kar".Sunil Gavaskar, Sanjay manjrekar are idiots and biased. I never argued it. But you would be living under rock if you think there are no other lobby than Mumbai. Former players from each state, if they can, try to get players from their state irrespective of talent. The only difference is these "Kar" idiots are fool enough to sulk openly.  :phehe:

41 minutes ago, Vijy said:

What a load of codswallop - I wonder how Sunny explains Rohit making it to the Test squad again and again, and Rahane's continued selection in Tests despite avg around 31 since Jan 2017.

Gavaskar said many times vihari should get chance ahead of rohit. For Rahane ye i 30+ matches is too long to fail.

On 12/4/2018 at 5:32 PM, G_B_ said:

havent they got their shot or atleast an appearance? and why 5 years? Mumbai have won most in the last decade with 4. The likes of Rahane and Dhawal for eg made their Mumbai debut a decade ago. 

Rahul, Nair, Uttappa , Pandey , Binny , Aravind, Mithun and VK have all represented India at some level in the last decade.

Lastly. You cant really compare the 41 ranji wins of Mumbai with 8 of Karnataka. That are not even in the same league.

Nobody is shamelessly lobbying like the Mumbai mafia...