Please no Ashwin for the rest of this series

SK_IH

2 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

captaincy was poor but that wasnt the only thing holding him back from picking wickets

when you generate 3 out-right catches for a second or third slip, with 50-100 runs on hand and 2-3 wickets to go,  the problem is not you, the problem is the captain who won't let you set the fields and is a moron himself.

4 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Not defending him. After the Bumrah over Seriously thought it was curtains.

Getting the no.11 was such a relief that forgive him a bit :giggle:

30 runs were still a long way to go, i had this feeling we would win eventually, seldom we see chasing side win in such situations. however, situation came to such a pass is because of Ashwin's innocuousness

1 minute ago, SK_IH said:

30 runs were still a long way to go, i had this feeling we would win eventually, seldom we see chasing side win in such situations. however, situation came to such a pass is because of Ashwin's innocuousness

No, situation came to be because of Kohli and his insistence of protecting runs instead of giving his spinner more than 1 slip. You don't win test matches by showing one-day captaincy and Kohli is the prime one to blame for running this so close.

Ashwin generated 4 outright chances today - only one of which had a fielder in a normal place to get it - other three were at 2nd slip or gully. With six wickets remaining in the day, your #1 spinner generates 4 out-right chances, 75% of which go begging due to moron captain. What more do you want ?!

Edited by Muloghonto
4 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

when you generate 3 out-right catches for a second or third slip, with 50-100 runs on hand and 2-3 wickets to go,  the problem is not you, the problem is the captain who won't let you set the fields and is a moron himself.

arent you bit worried when a lower bats like Cummins and Lyon were rotating strike against him with such an ease. he didnt look threatening at all on pitch were Lyon was making Kohli struggle. This is unacceptable

3 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

No, situation came to be because of Kohli and his insistence of protecting runs instead of giving his spinner more than 1 slip. You don't win test matches by showing one-day captaincy and Kohli is the prime one to blame for running this so close.

look i am with you on the captain didnt help his bowlers with follow the ball capatincy but still Ashwin didnt create as many chances as he should have a on a day 5 pitch, especially against these batsmen

Just now, SK_IH said:

arent you bit worried when a lower bats like Cummins and Lyon were rotating strike against him with such an ease. he didnt look threatening at all on pitch were Lyon was making Kohli struggle. This is unacceptable

Kohli is no great shakes against spinners and Payne set the field like a normal guy - Kohli struggled because he had 4 close-in fielders to worry about. Not 2 in the case of Ashwin. Spinners are normally less effective against the tail than pacers, especially when your captain sets a one-day field. 

Just now, SK_IH said:

look i am with you on the captain didnt help his bowlers with follow the ball capatincy but still Ashwin didnt create as many chances as he should have a on a day 5 pitch, especially against these batsmen

4 chances with 6 wickets left....thats plenty chances by my book. These are not half-chances - i am not counting the ones that bounced off the hand of silly mid-off. These 4 chances are ALL high-school level catches for 2nd slip or gully. You or I could've caught them. So i am not going to blame Ashwin.

7 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

I Personally thought he was trying too hard as well and wasn’t that great but comparing him with Lyon doesn’t make sense just because Lyon had the upper hand against Kohli or took more wickets. By the same account our fast bowlers out bowled Hazelwood and Cummins as well. Should they be dropped too?

We have only 4 bowlers and Shami doesnt have long spells in him and Ishant looks mediocre with the older ball.Cant afford to over bow our trump card Bumrah.

So only option was to have Ashwin bowl a

marathon spell. If you are expecting Ashwin or even Jadeja later on to run through the Aussie batting on these pitches than you are over expecting and haven’t seen the trend of Indian spinners since time immemorial . These are decent enough returns. Yes there were some periods were he was absolutely pathetic. Overall he was average in the 2nd innings or dare I say even above-average overall.

I can call it right now though that Ashwin already has hit his peak for the series.

Edited by Global.Baba
10 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Kohli is no great shakes against spinners and Payne set the field like a normal guy - Kohli struggled because he had 4 close-in fielders to worry about. Not 2 in the case of Ashwin. Spinners are normally less effective against the tail than pacers, especially when your captain sets a one-day field. 

how can you say that ? and you can put it any which way you want but Lyon outbwoled Ashwin against supposed better players of spin

8 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

4 chances with 6 wickets left....thats plenty chances by my book. These are not half-chances - i am not counting the ones that bounced off the hand of silly mid-off. These 4 chances are ALL high-school level catches for 2nd slip or gully. You or I could've caught them. So i am not going to blame Ashwin.

are you sure about even 4 chnaces, because i dont remember that many chances being created.

Just now, rkt.india said:

One tail wicket of on 5th day is inexcusable.

He had Cummins as well in a 50-50 decision. Yes he was average.No one is saying he was outstanding. Given the fact that no one could bowl a long enough spell on the other end, did his job even though his job is to the strike bowler and not just hold one end up. In the overall context was somewhere around average.

25 minutes ago, R.D forever said:

For people going on and on about 2nd innings.

When was the last time a subcontinent offspinner opened up the game in 1st innings by taking 3 top order wickets. And what is Murali and swanns average in Australia

Let's not get stuck up on history. Murali & Swann would likely run rings around this Aus lineup on such a wicket.  

6 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

I Personally thought he was trying too hard as well and wasn’t that great but comparing him with Lyon doesn’t make sense just because Lyon had the upper hand against Kohli or took more wickets. By the same account our fast bowlers out bowled Hazelwood and Cummins as well. Should they be dropped too?

We have only 4 bowlers and Shami doesnt have long spells in him and Ishant looks mediocre with the older ball.Cant afford to over bow our trump card Bumrah.

So only option was to have Ashwin bowl a

marathon spell. If you are expecting Ashwin or even Jadeja later on to run through the Aussie batting on these pitches than you are over expecting and haven’t seen the trend of Indian spinners since time immemorial . These are decent enough returns. Yes there were some periods were he was absolutely pathetic. Overall he was average in the 2nd innings or dare I say even above-average overall.

I can call it right now though that Ashwin already has hit his peak for the series.

why he needs to bowl a marathon spell to pick wickets, is he not good enough to run through a side like Aus in the 4th innings when there was rough there for help. you have to look at the opposition was well. these are not world beaters he is bowling against.he was even struggling against lower order batsman

Ashwin did the same in Eng when Moeen Ali outbowled him and then Ind couldnt win because we were batting last, here everything was to his advantage still he didnt deliver. I have seen Moeen Ali win a match for Eng in Durban, I dont think Ashwin can ever do that.

sorry this may be a decent return on a Perth wicket but not Adelaide, Ashwin never gonnna win any matcjh overseas for India.

4 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

how can you say that ? and you can put it any which way you want but Lyon outbwoled Ashwin against supposed better players of spin

Who says THIS India lineup is better at playing spin ?! Except for ChePu and Kohli, they are pretty crap at playing spin. 
And how i can say that, is simple stats - spinners are less effective in test cricket against the tail than pacers in general. 

4 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

are you sure about even 4 chnaces, because i dont remember that many chances being created.

4 chances. 3 went to 2nd slip, 1 went to gully. no gully present and twice, no 2nd slip present. The one time 2nd slip was present, Ashwin had a wicket. 

Just now, Global.Baba said:

Anyway don’t really care. Ashwin has done just about enough to be retained or dropped that both can be justified and fans will be at peace either ways 

Ashwin has match-figures of 6-149. In a continent where no finger spinner averages under 45. He hasn't done 'just enough', he's done exceedingly well. Can't blame him for captain fool robbing him of 3 wickets due to no 2nd slip and gully. 

What kind of a darpok idiot doesn't give a 2nd slip an a gully to his spinners when 100 runs ahead and 3 wickets left ?!

1 minute ago, Muloghonto said:

Not if captain fool doesn't give you 2nd slip and a gully and you have 3 chances lob there that even 10 year olds can catch. Didn't realize Ashwin had to get wickets via lbw or bowled to be considered a worthy bowler....

A bowler with 350 test wickets doesn't need a captain to set the field. 

2 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

why he needs to bowl a marathon spell to pick wickets, is he not good enough to run through a side like Aus in the 4th innings when there was rough there for help. you have to look at the opposition was well. these are not world beaters he is bowling against.he was even struggling against lower order batsman

Ashwin did the same in Eng when Moeen Ali outbowled him and then Ind couldnt win because we were batting last, here everything was to his advantage still he didnt deliver. I have seen Moeen Ali win a match for Eng in Durban, I dont think Ashwin can ever do that.

sorry this may be a decent return on a Perth wicket but not Adelaide, Ashwin never gonnna win any matcjh overseas for India.

have you ever played cricket ? like more than just galli cricket ? Do you know what happens when you bowl into the rough and you have just one slip ? Ashwin is not a fool. He didn't want to leak automatic boundaries down the 2nd -3rd slip zone twice an over by bowling into the rough. Because thats what happens if you bowl into the rough and have no slips.....