Take a bow Shami and Bumrah

vvvslaxman

Even Starc, hazlewod and Cummins could not run through our batting line. and likes of Bumrah and Shami on their day can ran through any team if they get the right conditions.  All bowlers requires conditions to run through a team.  The most important thing that happened in this test was these bowlers did not concede too many freebies like we used to do before.  There was not many half volleys, hardly any short and wide or on the pad stuff.  LIke Ishant his ER was around 2.  this is like a wicket in itself because opposition is not running away. Exam Aus first innings they were 57/2 at lunch time RR around 2.  Imagine if Aussie RR was around 3 or 3.5, the same score could have been 90-100/2.  This should be the mantra, dont give easy runs even if you are not taking wickets, don't try too much and become wayward.  in Australia, they just need to hit the right areas consistently.

They did have very bowling friendly conditions in last two tours , the difference between India winning at least one of that series was opposing tail’s batting.

Aussies did cause a collapse in India’s second innings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3 minutes ago, putrevus said:

They did have very bowling friendly conditions in last two tours , the difference between India winning at least one of that series was opposing tail’s batting.

Aussies did cause a collapse in India’s second innings.

and they did run through sides that is why we wont a test on both tours.  Yes, they could do it more often so that we could have won the series as well.

and they did run through sides that is why we wont a test on both tours.  Yes, they could do it more often so that we could have won the series as well.

Yes they did but they need to more often to be world class . Right now they are very good but short of being World class.

7 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Bumrah is still learning, yesterday he was rattled too. He has played on very helpful pitches and still tail has wagged even with him.

7 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Hopefully he becomes that bowler who can cleanup tail as fast as they come, right now I cannot say he has that ability.

Cleaning up the tail remains a problem.  Agree.

But field placements and strategy by captain should share the blame too.

But Bumrah has shown that he can take fifers in test matches, and 2 or 3 wickets almost every innings.

Pant dropped an easy catch of Lyon off Bumrah.  Otherwise, the tail would not have wagged this much.

We can't expect a 7 match old guy to do everything perfectly at this stage.

Cleaning up the tail remains a problem.  Agree.

But field placements and strategy by captain should share the blame too.

But Bumrah has shown that he can take fifers in test matches, and 2 or 3 wickets almost every innings.

Pant dropped an easy catch of Lyon off Bumrah.  Otherwise, the tail would not have wagged this much.

We can't expect a 7 match old guy to do everything perfectly at this stage.

I never said anything bad about him. I don’t think it is captaincy, he had to be conservative given his experience on last two tours.

42 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Even Starc, hazlewod and Cummins could not run through our batting line. and likes of Bumrah and Shami on their day can ran through any team if they get the right conditions.  All bowlers requires conditions to run through a team.  The most important thing that happened in this test was these bowlers did not concede too many freebies like we used to do before.

Yeah the free runs have stopped considerably...but I don't think there is enough penetration to win series consistently...They may struggle to win a series here and there...If smith was there, victory was unlikely...Bumrah is the only one who inspires confidence in me...If we get two more bowlers in his class, there would be better chances to win...This win was largely due to the turn Ashwin got in the first innings... That made two class bowlers for us in the conditions..From now on, Ashwin may not get help...Our pacers labour to dismiss the lower order once the conditions eases for the tail.

The key issue is you have to defeat the opposition's best batsmen to win series...Smith and Warner may have been a bridge too far...This is the best chance for a start in overseas wins....but I suspect they will labor to dismiss this unsettled Aussie lineup ,which has a strong lower order to take advantage of easier conditions.

The batsmen did a good job in the second innings...there is nothing like taming the Australian bowlers in their own den. it has been demonstrated their best cannot dominate us at all times...Only if Rohit or Vihari evolve into a reliable no 6 , we will present a stronger challenge. 

Edited by youngindia
edt
30 minutes ago, youngindia said:

Yeah the free runs have stopped considerably...but I don't think there is enough penetration to win series consistently...They may struggle to win a series here and there...If smith was there, victory was unlikely...Bumrah is the only one who inspires confidence in me...If we get two more bowlers in his class, there would be better chances to win...

Do you have any new pacers in mind who can potentially be like Bumrah in terms of effectiveness and pace ?

This win was largely due to the turn Ashwin got in the first innings...

What happened to him in the 2nd innings  ?

...Our pacers labour to dismiss the lower order once the conditions eases for the tail.

Why are they not bowling sufficient stump directed deliveries and yorkers to the tail  ?

The tailenders invariably miss some balls and it would help if the destination is the stumps.

The batsmen did a good job in the second innings...there is nothing like taming the Australian bowlers in their own den. it has been demonstrated their best cannot dominate us at all times...Only if Rohit or Vihari evolve into a reliable no 6 , we will present a stronger challenge. 

Rohit's off stump game does not inspire confidence even now.   He keeps playing away from the body.  

Edited by express bowling

I am mainly sceptical about the cognitive ability of indian and srilankan pacers...fast bowling intellect and the ability to adapt natural talent to conditions,batsmen and rise to higher levels. can't judge someone's learning ability immediately with no personal insight.

Long ago, there was Ishant who looked like a millionaire in 2007 but he has not been different from the pack.

As far as indian and SL pacers are concerned,we are unproven in producing great bowlers, period...Its not done until its done. I start with our bowlers with a suspicion flag and in any case there is no prodigy or anything.  The quality of bowling talent just does not match the batting as far as world class quality is concerned. 

I am interested in Siraj ,Avesh, Mavi and Nagarkotti ...i recall the same interest level as i had for Shami (than Bumrah)  But then  he has not developed as much as i expected...Hoping these guys can do better and destined for a higher ceiling.

What happened to him in the 2nd innings

Not the same help for turn in the second dig and he was bowling more to the left handers. Lyon was using the roughs into the RHB with deadly effect. This kind of good fortune is rare in away tours. Won't get too often.

Rohit's off stump game does not inspire confidence even now.   He keeps playing away from the body. 

He doesn't have to be a 50 average batsman. He is what he is. This is the best i have seen him play in away condition. To look

solid in a low scoring pitch is creditable.  I think he is getting there.

Edited by youngindia
edt