Rohit & Shaw opening at MCG ? Thought ?

test fan

4 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

Ashwin's batting is completely untrustworthy these days. Wont last 2 overs as an opener. 

I would root for Ashwin, still our best test spinner by far.

But the guy keeps getting more fragile with time!

His fitness hasn't improved since his debut and off late started getting injured as well. This affected his bowling in England.

Looking at someone like Lyon, u see the impact a fitter player has. In terms of skill Ashwin might be better, but Lyon's endurance means he's bowling is consistent from the first ball to the last. 

Ashwin should take time off and come back stronger and fitter, will hugely benefit the fortunes of the team. 

But who will tell his that? Shastri? Look at the state of the guy! 

1 minute ago, shortbread said:

I would root for Ashwin, still our best test spinner by far.

But the guy keeps getting more fragile with time!

His fitness hasn't improved since his debut and off late started getting injured as well. This affected his bowling in England.

Looking at someone like Lyon, u see the impact a fitter player has. In terms of skill Ashwin might be better, but Lyon's endurance means he's bowling is consistent from the first ball to the last. 

Ashwin should take time off and come back stronger and fitter, will hugely benefit the fortunes of the team. 

But who will tell his that? Shastri? Look at the state of the guy! 

Ashwin's lack of revs is concerning. 

Lyon just revs it up and lands it in the right spot and the ball talks. He's bowling amazingly well these days.

Imho Ashwin is more skilled in pace variation, working over bats but the lack of revs and the lack of his ability to impart energy while delivery is hurting him. 

I back him too but not sure what the future holds for him.

Jaddu is a much more steady bowler tho. I am interested to see how he performs on these pitches.