Playing 11 for Sydney Test

zen

Can't change much, except bring in Pandya In place of Rohit, and Ashwin in place of Ishant Sharma.. Batting order remains the same. 

This way you still have 3 medium pacers and have the extra spinner as well,Ashwins batting may seal the deal in his favour over Kuldeep 

What I expect ...

Someone in place of the unavailable Rohit.

Rest of the team and batting positions the same.

That someone could be Pandya, Ashwin or Rahul depending on the perception about the pitch.

The need to " not weaken the batting "  in this test will definitely be a consideration as we can't afford to lose.  But do we have a good and dependable No.6 batter available for this purpose  ?

4 hours ago, SRT100 said:

FFS stop with the stupid posts about Pujara opening. He definitely will not be.

The management is not going to make a shift in the batting order. India lose two early wickets and both could Pujara and Kohli to the new ball.

Of course its stupid and wont happen.  Also stupid is the lets drop Ishant brigade, it also will defo wont be happening and nor should it, the guy averages 21 with ball this year, HE WONT BE DROPPED

Only one change will be who takes rohits place

2 hours ago, gakgupta said:

Pujara is the best batsmen in the tournament now and India cannot expose him to the new ball...

The only other option is to ask Rahane to open. I have a feeling that Vihari will come good in tests in the long run. He has the technique and temperament. I see many saying that he has been found out but I think otherwise, the way he sways out to the shortball dropping his wrists and the bat is the right way to play it. Many players just duck and I have seen even the so called legends duck but push the bat above their body for self preservation. He is far better than most of them at this stage, IMO he was undone by the uneven bounce more than anything. For the batsmen who sway away from bouncers the most difficult part is the short ball swinging into them or tall bowlers going wide of the crease and directing the short ball with an angle into the batsmen’s body. I see no reason why a guy with such sound basics will not be able to overcome it.

Mayank,Rahul/Vihari,Pujara,Kohli,Rahane,Pant,Jadeja,Kuldeep,Umesh,Shami,Bumrah

Kuldeep is no mug with the bat.If pitch has turn,Kuldeep will definitely get wickets. Umesh bats better than Shami. So,tail will be decent.

Playing 4 bowlers in all games means risking injuries to either Shami/Bumrah. Even Jadeja is not fully fit.This should be the most important concern.

Vihari will be out to a bouncer.Aussies have found his weakness & will target him relentlessly.He needs to fix this .So,Rahul gets the nod ahead of him.Given his knack for turning up in the last match of the series,hope he does not waste this chance.