Bhajji rants again about the pitches we serve in home series

24 minutes ago, flamy said:

It is at least half of it, if not all. What do you think is the reason?

I thought that fast bowling has more macho factor to it, that is why pitches suited to fast bowling is considered manly/macho, spinners are looked down upon because it does not require much physical exertion and is not macho enough. These were some of the reasons why West Indies discouraged spin bowling talent in 80s, being a spinner seemed as an insult.

But yeah colonialism cannot be ruled out here.

1 minute ago, MechEng said:

I thought that fast bowling has more macho factor to it, that is why pitches suited to fast bowling is considered manly/macho, spinners are looked down upon because it does not require much physical exertion and is not macho enough. These were some of the reasons why West Indies discouraged spin bowling talent in 80s, being a spinner seemed as an insult.

But yeah colonialism cannot be ruled out here.

Interesting, and quite plausible. Multiple factors involved.

9 hours ago, Khota said:

Jadeja yes as he really deserves it because of athleticm.

Bhajji was taking wkts when he was sharing his workload with the greatest spinner ever. Ashwin was a solo act. It was easier to get wkts for Ashwin. Moreover India started preparing turners also. So Ashwin wkts tally is definitely not as meaningful as Bhajji's.

No ashwin bowls with jadeja and soon their wud be kuldeep, plus he has one of the best fast bowling attacks at home who takes wkts as well . Before jadeja their was ojha as well and some days mishra .......

What turners did we prep apart from SA series, we also had turners back then .

By that logic bhajji 32 wkts vs aus is no meaninging since it was a solo attack....

U cant get so many wkts like that 

8 hours ago, WeStMiDz said:

Unfortunately I'm not sure Bhajji watches any cricket. This is the same guy who was being asked by English commentators who is the next big thing in Indian cricket. And while Michael Atherton was reeling off names like Prithvi Shaw & Shubman Gill, our very own Bhajji named Karun Nair. 

and who blasted selectors for not selecting mayank aggarwal, yet kept pushing dhawan case in test cricket

If u dnt wanna drop failure how do u expect young ppl to be selected

8 hours ago, WeStMiDz said:

Unfortunately I'm not sure Bhajji watches any cricket. This is the same guy who was being asked by English commentators who is the next big thing in Indian cricket. And while Michael Atherton was reeling off names like Prithvi Shaw & Shubman Gill, our very own Bhajji named Karun Nair. 

He wanted Rohit to be included in Test matches as well had no clue about Shaw or Gill.

The hate on this forum for legends of our game is amazing.  Its reached epic proportions of hate.  The mob gone nuts

Kohli massacred here for months. slaughtered and abused, name called

SRT retired ages ago, still destoyed here

Bhaji so many wickets for india and great spinner.  Destroyed

Even poor Iyer(non legend) gives great honest interview, destroyed as arrogant, selfish, how dare he say he tired

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

Bhajji's commentary in England was abyssmal. 

Apart from the lack of analytical skills,  he is not an informed person at all.   And seems to have an inferiority complex too.  

This statement is basically a result of the 3 above-mentioned qualities.

Expceted better from a poster like you, looks like you joined the mob

ps I dont agree with Bhaji opionin.  But its opioion on cricket, why the hate?

16 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

hate is such a powerful word dnt use it casually n m unable to see the hate here........

its not about opinion ....he is stating a wrong fact infact facts . His is commentator n its his job to knw this stuff....ull get bashing if u dnt do ur job well .

21 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

The hate on this forum for legends of our game is amazing.  Its reached epic proportions of hate.  The mob gone nuts

Even poor Iyer(non legend) gives great honest interview, destroyed as arrogant, selfish, how dare he say he tired

I do agree at times here we overreact here a bit, but what still better then doing andhbhakti 

30 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Those are my genuine impressions about Bhajji's commentary or public statements, irrespective of what others think.

Bhajji stating wrong facts with a certain regularity on TV  ...   criticizing India for something and not criticizing other countries for the same thing ...  can't respect these qualities KT.

It is not a matter of just difference of opinion.

13 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Those are my genuine impressions about Bhajji's commentary or public statements, irrespective of what others think.

Bhajji stating wrong facts with a certain regularity on TV  ...   criticizing India for something and not criticizing other countries for the same thing ...  can't respect these qualities KT.

It is not a matter of just difference of opinion.

No recognition of what a great player he was? 

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

No ashwin bowls with jadeja and soon their wud be kuldeep, plus he has one of the best fast bowling attacks at home who takes wkts as well . Before jadeja their was ojha as well and some days mishra .......

What turners did we prep apart from SA series, we also had turners back then .

By that logic bhajji 32 wkts vs aus is no meaninging since it was a solo attack....

U cant get so many wkts like that 

Comparing Jadeja to Kumble is about as preposterous as it can get. I am a Jadeja fan too but their is a huge gap between them. During era of Ashwin India did make a conscious effort to have turning pitches.

Ashwin at CT was the worst bowler and one of the main reasons for India's loss in the final. Bhajji has won many. Ashwin does not even come close. Ashwin does not take fitness seriously and that is a huge issue.

5 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

There is a hate but it is very targeted. It is by certain groups against certain people. I can see thru it.

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

hate is such a powerful word dnt use it casually n m unable to see the hate here........

its not about opinion ....he is stating a wrong fact infact facts . His is commentator n its his job to knw this stuff....ull get bashing if u dnt do ur job well .

Hate is a very powerful word and I have never accused you of using it because your statements are mostly based on some numbers that I disagree with. You are one of the few who does not get into hate stuff. But for you to say that there is no bias here is wrong too.

55 minutes ago, Khota said:

Comparing Jadeja to Kumble is about as preposterous as it can get. I am a Jadeja fan too but their is a huge gap between them. During era of Ashwin India did make a conscious effort to have turning pitches.

No one is comparing jadeja is to kumble but the guy has been damaging on other end

In what series apart from SA series did we make turner.  i can tell u turners from bhajji time 

Ashwin at CT was the worst bowler and one of the main reasons for India's loss in the final. Bhajji has won many. Ashwin does not even come close. Ashwin does not take fitness seriously and that is a huge issue.

so one CT is the criteria now , same ashwin was good in 2013 ct 

Ashwin record speaks for him

and unlike bhajji he doesnt fake an injury n run and is more handy with bat 

U wanna compare 2, pick the match both played toghter and see how ashwin dominated bhajji. Bhajji also was a no show in last few yrs and lets not forget

bhajji was chucker

the example of ashwin CT ur giving, rules changed in LOI which made it harsh for finger spinners even bhajji wud have been smoked in LOI now 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03