Culprit of this collapse - Rohit Sharma

test fan

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

If we are blaming opening batsman for a middle and lower order collapse, it must be really poor cricketing mind or team.

God bless this team and its fans.

This wasn't such a tough wicket, remember 2002/03 tour for instance - when we had more in the slip cauldron than we've ever had in tests? However the middle order was worse than top order for sure.

3 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

If we are blaming opening batsman for a middle and lower order collapse, it must be really poor cricketing mind or team.

God bless this team and its fans.

If in your building 1st flore is not qwality then entire biuling will be collapse hope u get what u want :finger: 

4 minutes ago, test fan said:

I said again he is responsible for Dhawan wicket not hack rayudu,DK ..if u watch the match then u know very well why .. scoreboard dekhne se Ni chalta PTA .

Dhawan even on his good days throws wicket. Rohit atleast if sets scores big runs. Dhawan has failed many times to convert into big score after 30 - 40 run start.

Edited by Nikola
5 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Dhawan even on his good days throws wicket. Rohit atleast if sets scores big runs. Dhawan has failed many times to convert into big score after 30 - 40 run start.

But any player frasutted when strike batsman play dot after dots , therefore they play high risk shot ..btw m not critic of Rohit .i'm huge fan of him but sometime he play so slowly in Powerplay which is not good for team . 

3 minutes ago, test fan said:

But any player frasutted when strike batsman play dot after dots , therefore they play high risk shot ..btw m not critic of Rohit .i'm huge fan of him but sometime he play so slowly in Powerplay which is not good for team . 

might be an issue about his strike rate but today what needed was to play trent boult in his first spell not try to hit him and take risk of getting out quickly & even if dhawan would have survived few overs more he would have at best scored 40 - 60 runs. 

Edited by Nikola
2 minutes ago, Nikola said:

might be an issue about his strike rate but today what needed was to play trent boult in his first spell not try to hit him and take risk of getting out quickly.

First 4 over we play him very well becouse both rotate strike well therefore Boult not adjust his line and length right but after too many dots ball ( no pressure by batsman on him ) he got he Rhythm back thereafter he was sensational .

1 minute ago, test fan said:

First 4 over we play him very well becouse both rotate strike well therefore Boult not adjust his line and length right but after too many dots ball ( no pressure by batsman on him ) he got he Rhythm back thereafter he was sensational .

I agree but this is very little issue compared to middle order and other issues we are having right now. If you look at other teams we are lucky to have such consistent openers so instead finding one or other issues in openers we should be waiting to see middle order batsman perform.

5 minutes ago, VT87 said:

If there is one  batsman  who gets most benefit  out of playing today's  pata  pitches .it would  definitely be   this person 

But no one is stopping everybody else to take benefits of it? Kohli is taking benefits of it and averaging almost 60 in odis. Dhawan can't convert to big but still gun opener.

Edited by Nikola
11 minutes ago, Nikola said:

I agree but this is very little issue compared to middle order and other issues we are having right now. If you look at other teams we are lucky to have such consistent openers so instead finding one or other issues in openers we should be waiting to see middle order batsman perform.

Today best chance for middle order to showcase their ability but they failed badly .this lose doesn't affect us so much but the way we lose thats big worries for me . We can't trust rayudu,DK ,kedhar to build a inning ,they can only play Cameo here and there thats it's .DK was not permanent member of India team due to his consistence failure only he play some match winning cameo like Nidhas trophy, Australia series that's why he is  with the team . But seriously we should have discarded  him long ago, should have  give Rahul( I know he failed badly) ,pant some more chance  at 4& 6 position .kedhar somehow play some good inning & he is only who can bowl so we have to play him .

Edited by test fan
12 hours ago, VT87 said:

If there is one  batsman  who gets most benefit  out of playing today's  pata  pitches .it would  definitely be   this person 

True ,a hint of movement and rohit Sharma bats like a tail ender .he is the best in this flat pitch era and a great player for India but for me he will remain a great FTB like Warner and I know if will blast me for this lol .

But all said is a MVP in this side and it's better if he plays slowly to preserve his wkt because if he or the other 2 get out quickly we know what to follow and rohit too understands this !

13 hours ago, VT87 said:

He makes it look easy but sometimes we take it for granted.

Even with all the flat tracks, it snot that easy to score runs. Flat tracks are every where now, Rohit has been in ridiculous form in last few years and to call it beneficiary of docile tracks is a insult to him actually. He has earned it. If everyone could score on flat tracks, then most will average what he does. He has turned it around big time and given India massive starts and big scores.