Pandya's raw batting talent

zen

11 hours ago, rkt.india said:

That was still Against a minnow. Vvs played the best test innings by an Indian ever doesn't make him better batsman than SRT.

That was the only century scored by an Indian batsman in odis for a decade, it is not like today when Indian batsmen score 100s for fun. When ball is swinging even mediocre bowlers become threatening. That was not just one time Kapil the batsman rescue his team.

He had ability to score  test 100 against Allan Donald in full flow  from 31/6 on SA track from when top order did not cross single digit score.

I don't see that ability in Pandya against fast bowlers.I hope he does improve his batting as I don't think he is going to be a good bowler.

Edited by putrevus
1 minute ago, zen said:

why are you throwing Kapil's name as if he is some kind of a benchmark? He did not even score a 50 in an ODI in the last 6 years of his career :facepalm:

Records type batting analysis [change type]
View career summary [change view]
Start of match date greater than or equal to 1 Oct 1988 remove greater than or equal to 1 Oct 1988 from query
Ordered by start date (ascending)
dblBakArwB.gifReturn to query menu
dblBakArwW.gifCleared query menu
Career averages
  Span Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 0  
unfiltered 1978-1994 225 198 39 3783 175* 23.79 3979 95.07 1 14 13 Profile
filtered 1988-1994 101 85 17 1168 48* 17.17 1508 77.45 0 0 4

His last 50 was on Jan 22 1988 and he retired in 1994 :hysterical:

In current competitive climate, Pandya will be lucky to have 6 years of International career :phehe:

4 minutes ago, mishra said:

Exactly, Its not a copy paste job from cricinfo :dance:

Your definition of dependable with the bat is questionable when you throw in names of a guy who went 6+ years w/o even scoring a 50 (and averaged only 17 despite 17 not outs in 80+ matches) :hysterical:

Edited by zen
2 minutes ago, zen said:

Your definition of dependable with the bat is questionable when you throw in names of a guy who went 6+ years w/o even scoring a 50 (and averaged only 17 despite 17 not outs in 80+ matches) :hysterical:

Ok yaar. Play one Pandya per game. But not both. We can not handle too much talent

6 hours ago, rkt.india said:

That was still Against a minnow. Vvs played the best test innings by an Indian ever doesn't make him better batsman than SRT.

That's just BS, that Zim team beat a full strength Aus! Your statement is just as ridiculous as claiming our 1983 win was a fluke, even after we beat WI in the group stage :whack2:

Fluke was 92 cornered toy(ger)s & Zim in 1983 WC was certainly no minnow.

16 minutes ago, mishra said:

Ok yaar. Play one Pandya per game. But not both. We can not handle too much talent

This thread is about Hardik :dance: who as I said has the potential to become the 2nd most important ODI batsman for Ind esp. considering his ability to win games in no time 

Other Pandya is played in T20s and rotated around with other players :dontknow:

3 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

That's just BS, that Zim team beat a full strength Aus! Your statement is just as ridiculous as claiming our 1983 win was a fluke, even after we beat WI in the group stage :whack2:

Fluke was 92 cornered toy(ger)s & Zim in 1983 WC was certainly no minnow.

We lifted world series in Australia by comprehensively beating every team we faced. that 1985 series is most convincing and emphatic odi series ever for us.

2 minutes ago, zen said:

This thread is about Hardik :dance: who as I said has the potential to become the 2nd most important ODI batsman for Ind esp. considering his ability to win games in no time 

Other Pandya is played in T20s and rotated around with other players :dontknow:

Hardik allways had my vote as long as he was test match fit. In limited overs, I dont think he has any utilty unless pitch is doing miracle. The pitch component has been taken away from 90% of matches. So no. I wont support his selection in playing 11 except its those 10% matches. No amount of stats is going to change that view.

I will rather look for someone like Kedhar in limited overs

9 minutes ago, mishra said:

Hardik allways had my vote as long as he was test match fit. In limited overs, I dont think he has any utilty unless pitch is doing miracle. The pitch component has been taken away from 90% of matches. So no. I wont support his selection in playing 11 except its those 10% matches. No amount of stats is going to change that view.

He is selected for his ability to score at a high SR, which is unlike anyone in team Ind .... is among the best fielders in world cricket .... and a handy bowler who can bowl at 140+ .... and is fitter than some of the others he is being compared to. And many times, there is not about  "this or that" but "this and that" 

Hardik's career is on an upward curve, while some of the others could be going downwards 

Edited by zen
5 minutes ago, zen said:

He is selected for his ability to score at a high SR, which is unlike anyone in team Ind .... is among the best fielders in world cricket .... and a handy bowler who can bowl at 140+ .... and is fitter than some of the others he is being compared to. And many times, there is not about  "this or that" but "this and that" 

Hardik's career is on an upward curve, while some of the others could be going downwards 

5-6 over old white ball even at 140 has nothing but atleast a 4 or 6 written over it per over. Thats the modern day cricket where fileding restriction never ends.

hence, I will say, go for a bat who can bowl a bit of spin

Edited by mishra
5 minutes ago, mishra said:

5-6 over old white ball even at 140 has nothing but atleast a 4 or 6 written over it per over. Thats the modern day cricket where fileding restriction never ends.

hence, I will say, go for a bat who can bowl a bit of spin

There is no one who can bat like Pandya .... and he is as good a bowler (if not better) than the ones being considered as options (trundlers or part time spinners) .... and his fielding is at a different level  

Edited by zen
23 minutes ago, mishra said:

imo i feel he is a must in ODI team and that also seems to be the case how Kohli views it. He is not getting dropped from ODI's. His pain is Kohli drops him in tests. 

Kedar Jadhav although being a better batsman, Pandya is better than Jadhav if we compare bowling and fielding. Now think tank has started playing Vijay Shankar who is a better batsman than Pandya  if we compare technique. Shankar is likely to have better batting average than that of Pandya (29.44) but Pandya will surely have a better strike rate. With mult skilled players like Jadhav, Pandya and Shankar the TM is looking to probably play with a different combo.

25 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

yup he seems week against genuine pace but then again he is a package shud always be in contention. I think that why they are looking at shankar ahead of him 

Shankar seems to be way ahead of Krunal as a batsman. Maybe as a bowler Krunal is ahead but that is not saying much