Happy Birthday Glenn McGrath

Nikola

6 hours ago, SK_IH said:

WC 99, WC 2003, CT 2006, numerous times McGrath got better of Sachin in crucial matches.

Sachin to his credit hit a six and yelled FO to Mcgrath in CT 2000 :lol:

Tendulkar destroyed mcgrath in 96 wc,2000 CT knocked aus out with his initial blitz vs mcgrath.99 test series was even with mcgrath getting 2 bad decisions in his favour,tendulkar crucially also got the better of mcgrath in the 2001 chennai decider test where he scored a key hundred and proceeded to blast him throughout the following series.I would say they were even,but mcgrath was a massive threat in big matches.

45 minutes ago, Tendulkar1996 said:

Tendulkar destroyed mcgrath in 96 wc,2000 CT knocked aus out with his initial blitz vs mcgrath.99 test series was even with mcgrath getting 2 bad decisions in his favour,tendulkar crucially also got the better of mcgrath in the 2001 chennai decider test where he scored a key hundred and proceeded to blast him throughout the following series.I would say they were even,but mcgrath was a massive threat in big matches.

2?

Edited by Gollum
20 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Warne's was one, the other howler was shoulder before wicket. The other McGrath LBW was out IMO. 

The other one was going over.Tendu was long way accross and it hit him on top of his front pad.Going over.Shoulder before wkt was howler.Warne's  was another joke,tendu was on 61 and batting beautifully.

1 minute ago, Tendulkar1996 said:

The other one was going over.Tendu was long way accross and it hit him on top of his front pad.Going over.Shoulder before wkt was howler.Warne's  was another joke,tendu was on 61 and batting beautifully.

Nah man, I will stick to 2 howlers. Sachin is just 165 cm tall, he was stuck in the crease, looked plumb. 

I think you all are missing the hitting McGrath got from Sachin at Vishakhapatnam, 2001 4th ODI. Australia scored 338 and India had to chase it.  Apart from Sachin no one even tried to chase it. Tendulkar scored 62 of 38 balls.  In comparison ganguly made 9 from 36 balls, laxman 11 of 25 balls and Dravid only 7.

McGrath figures were - 8 overs 62 runs economy of 7.75 runs.  I guess it's not difficult to guess who destroyed McGrath especially when others were playing test match (Apart from Tendulkar). 

Edited by Anoop K
Mistake