Watched any new TV shows/series?

coffee_rules

Just like new movies thread, we could discuss new TV shows or series that is worth your time.

This will take me to another of my "Where are the good writers these days" rant. It is strange how with 9000 channels one is still unable to watch a quality programme these days. Personally I have always hated reality television, whats the big deal about it anyway??
We can take out reality TV shows as it is not worht anybody's time. They just target the voyeuristic nature of men/women who get sucked into it just because it is on TV. I like to stick to sitcoms and crime shows (Law and Order, CSI etc.) as I don't have to follow it everyday like a series. Of the sitcoms I liked 'Curb your Enthisiasm' from Larry David. After Sienfeld, this was the only one I liked. It is kind of similar to it. The crime shows that come on ABC (Monk etc) are very good watches too. Law and Order series, CSI ..is a bit predictable..but holds your interest. The song competitions like Idol (American and Indian), Saregamapa, Star TV voice of India are very good in realtity TV shows..just for the performances only. I hate when the show some staged drama.

Good thread teaman. The series I got hooked onto last year were: 24 - watched all seasons during the course of the year. Heroes - watched both seasons. Very good series. Dexter - seriously good series with good humour about a serial killer who kills other killers I also download a few Byomkesh Bakshi episodes from back in the day. :top: And why haven't they done a season 2 for Sarabhai v/s Sarabhai? That was hands down the funniest Hindi serial in a long time.

My list of all-time favorite TV shows/series. Hardtalk - Hard-hitting interview series, with some of the most high-profile politicians, business people and news makers facing up to some refreshingly tough questions. Top Gear- This stems from my fascination for fast cars and good humor. Top Gear is a perfect amalgam of the two. Rough Science - Another BBC series that was very interesting. Da Ali G Show - I love Baron Cohen to bits, that is reason enough for me to not to miss any of his shows. Big Brother - I know this IS reality TV, but I really liked this, especially with all the controversy with Shilpa Shetty :D The Brainiac series - I like Richard Hammond, so I watched this too. The Big Fight, in NDTV - Inda's first open ended debate series. AXN's The Amazing Race - There was a time when I used to be really hooked on to this. Another AXN show, The world's most amazing police video. Just for Laughs , Gags - One of the truly hilarious shows I have seen. Besides this, I never miss the BBC's everyday wrap of World news and World Business Report.

Just downloaded a whole bunch of Family Guy (watch some shwetabh, some of it's on par w/ Simpsons!) and House over the last few weeks. Time to start watching. :D (And in between, not much new - mostly older stuff. Right now on disc 2 of a 14 or 16 disc set of Monty Python's Flying Circus)

My list of all-time favorite TV shows/series. Hardtalk - Hard-hitting interview series, with some of the most high-profile politicians, business people and news makers facing up to some refreshingly tough questions. Top Gear- This stems from my fascination for fast cars and good humor. Top Gear is a perfect amalgam of the two. .
Good picks. Hardtalk was excellent when Tim Sebastian was the host. Ever since he quit (i think in '04), it hasn't been quite as good. I stopped watching TV shows. The one i watched all the time was 'The Sopranos', but it came to an end last summer. I've been watching 'The Simpsons' ever since i was a kid, but it's sh it now. Now i just watch the sports channels, the news and a movie every now and then.

for those of u who have star plus, well i don't really watch Indian tv serielz, but this one is one hell of a show.. itz name is "Ek chaabi hai pados mein" i only watch this because in that there is this hilarious character... he is actually a sardar in that series..in that series, he is basically good for nothin.. a real funny character.. do watch it his name in that seriez is Jugle..

watch mostly comedy shows arrested development best of the lot sad that it got cancelled sienfeld scrubs friends dont watch reality shows that much except for The amazing race indian shows most of the hindi serials are ****. Marathi shows are better. 'Asambhav' among marathi shows definitely worth a watch if you understand marathi that is...