Finally they are using Analytics for Player Selection

Khota

2 hours ago, Tibarn said:

I think England has been doing this since Andy Flower was the coach. 

They very well could have been. I do know they are learning power hitting from baseball because bball players have a infinitely hard task than a cricket player and they still go for home runs at every attempt.

Analytics is used for presenting a view.

Its a good view to have. What Analytics can do is aid you in analysis of an opponent. What it cannot do is read the pitch. 

When it comes to England, reading the pitch is an important skill which comes with experience. 

There is analytics with hard numbers and then there is human behavior experts. Both views are good to have.

4 hours ago, philcric said:

Hardik this IPL ...

Matches - 12

Runs - 355

Average - 50.71

SR - 198.32

But of course stats in cricket are not done right.

Hardik is still mediocre who can't bat or bowl.

Atleast read what I say properly before mouthing off. I have always maintained that I have faith in IPL stats but not overall stats as shown. But lying to prove your point shows how low people like you stoop.

12 hours ago, G_B_ said:

Analytics is used for presenting a view.

Its a good view to have. What Analytics can do is aid you in analysis of an opponent. What it cannot do is read the pitch. 

When it comes to England, reading the pitch is an important skill which comes with experience. 

There is analytics with hard numbers and then there is human behavior experts. Both views are good to have.

Never said Analytics has answers to all the questions but it is an additional handy tool for decision making. With AI and other advances it can crucnch numbers that will take the variable pitch into account. Give it time.

13 hours ago, Khota said:

Since you are such a big fan of economy rate tell me what is Hardik's economy rate?

matalb kuch na kuch baal ki khaal nikalni hai 

N i hve never said eco only matters, wkt taking is also imp

he is taking more wkts then bhuvi, kuldeep, jaddu this ipl

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
13 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

matalb kuch na kuch baal ki khaal nikalni hai 

N i hve never said eco only matters, wkt taking is also imp

he is taking more wkts then bhuvi, kuldeep, jaddu this ipl

So the answer is that his economy rate is bad. Thanks! You could have just said that instead of so many lines.

On 4/30/2019 at 7:11 AM, Khota said:

So the answer is that his economy rate is bad. Thanks! You could have just said that instead of so many lines.

his eco is under 10....hows that bad ?

he is taking wkts.......making runs with huge s/r..............are u kidding me by finding faults

eco under 10 is ok....neways he is giving u wkts 

On 4/27/2019 at 10:30 PM, Khota said:

They very well could have been. I do know they are learning power hitting from baseball because bball players have a infinitely hard task than a cricket player and they still go for home runs at every attempt.

Yes, baseball has become basically a two result game during their at-bats: either homeruns or strikeouts. Every season it seems there are new records in homeruns and strikeouts. 

England's limited overs teams seem to follow this model, loading up with hitters in the XI, but having slightly weaker bowling options

Cricket is a much more complex sport as it has far too many variables.  Depends on weather, condition,pitch, how many left handers opposition have, your other skills, current form, past form at the venue you are going to play.. simply too many variables. Personally mental strength is the most important thing to win a tournament. If you have 11 mentally strong players with most of them with above average skills, and couple of with out of the world skills you can give any team a run for their money. Most of the times, it is the mental aspect that let good teams down in these tournaments.

On 5/1/2019 at 3:23 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

his eco is under 10....hows that bad ?

he is taking wkts.......making runs with huge s/r..............are u kidding me by finding faults

eco under 10 is ok....neways he is giving u wkts 

Once again I don't want to divert from analytics but how did you determine 10 is a good economy rate? Pandya is doing well this IPL and I have no problem with that. I did not question his selection and the only questionable selection to me was Shankar.

So once again how is number 10 acceptable to you?

12 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Cricket is a much more complex sport as it has far too many variables.  Depends on weather, condition,pitch, how many left handers opposition have, your other skills, current form, past form at the venue you are going to play.. simply too many variables. Personally mental strength is the most important thing to win a tournament. If you have 11 mentally strong players with most of them with above average skills, and couple of with out of the world skills you can give any team a run for their money. Most of the times, it is the mental aspect that let good teams down in these tournaments.

Yes and no. Hitting a round ball with round bat and a contact area of no more than 2 sq in is difficult. Throw in the two seams of a baseball  the aerodynamics is complex.

1 hour ago, Khota said:

Once again I don't want to divert from analytics but how did you determine 10 is a good economy rate? Pandya is doing well this IPL and I have no problem with that. I did not question his selection and the only questionable selection to me was Shankar.

So once again how is number 10 acceptable to you?

10 is ok if he is giving u wkts and is ur 5th bowler .........we are talking about t20 here and lets not forget he plays half his games on wankhade . Doesnt analytics tell u to keep every thing in mind 

shankar was never a good t20 player......ODI he proved in whatever lil chances he got 

4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

10 is ok if he is giving u wkts and is ur 5th bowler .........we are talking about t20 here and lets not forget he plays half his games on wankhade . Doesnt analytics tell u to keep every thing in mind 

shankar was never a good t20 player......ODI he proved in whatever lil chances he got 

I am keeping everything in mind but if two dozen bowlers are more ecnomical perhaps this one may not be doing his job.