BJP, RSS Caused Biggest Damage To Hinduism: Shankaracharya Swaroopananda Saraswati

Ankit_sharma03

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

Why attack the guy its useless, attack his opinion. True right pls. 

Not worth critiquing worthless comments. This has been age old criticism of BJP and RSS by libtards and opposition that they are communal. The comment by MB that all Indians are Hindus is what RSS has been saying without communicating well. They mean as a nation,  India is a civilizational state and culturally we all are similar. They want people to believe in India and not have allegiances elsewhere . They should say it without any reference to religion. 

Edited by coffee_rules

17 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

They might be good in Sewa, but they don't have a clue about representing the Hindus psyche. While we are fighting for reconciliation of Hindus and admittance of Islamic iconoclasm by Muslims , this guy goes around focussing on Auranzeb only, as if we have been Bhai-Bhais before Alamgir

Eu2hAClVoAMiQWi?format=jpg&name=medium

We all know Aurangzeb did that but he is long gone. India is a much better place now than it was under Mughal rule.

Who is this new Shankaracharya? There is only one official recognized one a Kanchi .

I remember many years back I saw a video about Shankaracharya converting to Islam influenced by Zakir Naik. It was so fake lol, no need to take this seriously.

It is sad that our very own Hindus cannot differentiate this. Shankaracharya or that lineage is such an important thing to Hinduism.

2 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Try telling that to my friends' parents who are ardent devotees of Sringeri Shankaracharya.  Many an hour is probably spent debating why he is "better than" Kanchi Shankaracharya.  

Guys, the OP Shankaracharya is a disputed title given to a Congressi stooge. Read all the posts before going on a tangent.

On 2/23/2021 at 12:55 AM, coffee_rules said:

They might be good in Sewa, but they don't have a clue about representing the Hindus psyche. While we are fighting for reconciliation of Hindus and admittance of Islamic iconoclasm by Muslims , this guy goes around focussing on Auranzeb only, as if we have been Bhai-Bhais before Alamgir

Eu2hAClVoAMiQWi?format=jpg&name=medium

What a g_ndu this guy is!!!!

North India's first (major) mosque in Qutb complex was constructed using debris of two dozen destroyed Hindu and Jain temples.

MC Mahmud Ghazni in Somnath

Bakhtiyar Khilji destroying Nalanda, Vikrasmshila universities

Malik Kafur ke kaarname in South till Madurai

Firuz Shah Tughlaq destroying Puri Jagannath temple (and we name national capital's cricket stadium after this barbarian)

Babur

And half a million other barbarian scumbags.

All these pests were working for Hindu-Muslim unity? Why blame Muslim mindset when RSS chief talks like this? Greatest genocide in human history and we can't even be honest about it? 

Edited by Gollum

What a g_ndu this guy is!!!!   North India's first (major) mosque in Qutb complex was constructed using debris of two dozen destroyed Hindu and Jain temples.

MC Mahmud Ghazni in Somnath

Bakhtiyar Khilji destroying Nalanda, Vikrasmshila universities

Malik Kafur ke kaarname in South till Madurai

Firuz Shah Tughlaq destroying Puri Jagannath temple (and we name national capital's cricket stadium after this barbarian)

Babur

And half a million other barbarian scumbags.

All these pests were working for Hindu-Muslim unity? Why blame Muslim mindset when RSS chief talks like this? Greatest genocide in human history and we can't even be honest about it? 

Estimates are that around 40,000 - 50000 temples were destroyed by islamic invasions,mostly in the north alone. These are conservative figures.

Also 700 temples were destroyed in Goa alone during the Goan inquisition.

Also these numbers do not include the number of temples that were vandalized and statues disfigured due to showing of private parts and the iconoclasm of the barbarians.

The left historians have since tried to.play down these numbers saying that no more than 70 temples have been destroyed in 600 years of rule which is laughable.

14 hours ago, maniac said:

Who is this new Shankaracharya? There is only one official recognized one a Kanchi .

Bhai kya bol rahe ho? Kanchi one isn't an official seat.

I'll be brief, not that I am an expert (so others can correct me) but my family has centuries old ties with two of these mutts/mathas (Puri, Sringeri), actually even the non-official one (Kanchi) going back 4 generations, we traced that link recently and apparently one of my forefathers taught Yajur Veda to Kanchi Shankaracharya....... 

4 mathas founded by Adi Sankara, one each in North, South, East, West...each assigned to (among many responsibilities) teach/preserve/propagate one Veda

1. North seat Joshimath (not Badri which is a Vaishnavite stronghold, common misconception), Atharva Veda (latest addition to Vedas, medicine, magic)

2. East seat Puri, Rig Veda (reciting hymns)

3. South seat Sringeri, Yajur Veda (performing sacrifice, not necessarily bali which is integral part of Shakti worship in East, even yajna comes under sacrifice)

4. West seat Dwarka, Sama Veda (singing chants)

Kanchi matha was also established by Adi Sankara but other 4 mathas don't accept this version, lot of politics behind the scenes over the centuries. Disputed even today, maybe he established for an entirely different reason :dontknow:, after all Jagadguru Adi Sankara toured the length and breadth of this landmass and revived Sanatana Dharma in many places, he even visited Kamakhya, Kashmir by foot. Anyway Kanchi was headed by many great people, more recently attained fame/respect because of Jagadguru Chandrasekharendra Sarawati Mahaswami or Mahaperiyavar, one of the greatest saints of dharmic India.

Edited by Gollum

6 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Try telling that to my friends' parents who are ardent devotees of Sringeri Shankaracharya.  Many an hour is probably spent debating why he is "better than" Kanchi Shankaracharya.  

You are an atheist, why do you care?  If you want to ridicule, learn the sampradaya first and then comment.

Edited by coffee_rules

8 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

You are an atheist, why do you care?  If you want to ridicule, learn the sampradaya first and then comment.

I'm ridiculing my relatives, not the Acharyas. I've listened to those arguments.  There is no sampradaya involved.  Just egos.  Someone becomes a devotee of one Acharya, usually by chance or marriage, and then spend a lifetime justifying their choice by putting down the other Acharya.  It's the devotees who are ridiculous.  

5 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

I'm ridiculing my relatives, not the Acharyas. I've listened to those arguments.  There is no sampradaya involved.  Just egos.  Someone becomes a devotee of one Acharya, usually by chance or marriage, and then spend a lifetime justifying their choice by putting down the other Acharya.  It's the devotees who are ridiculous.  

Not a believer ot Swamijis to worship them. But I respect some of them. I have heard couple of speeches of Sri Dayananda Saraswathi (Arsha Vidya), he was a learned person and a great orator. But, in India, there is a lot of following of a lot of swamijis/gurus/. I dissuade my own family in following/worshipping them. But, would know more about the tradition than the person. For a non-believer everything looks ridiculous.

14 hours ago, Gollum said:

Bhai kya bol rahe ho? Kanchi one isn't an official seat.

I'll be brief, not that I am an expert (so others can correct me) but my family has centuries old ties with two of these mutts/mathas (Puri, Sringeri), actually even the non-official one (Kanchi) going back 4 generations, we traced that link recently and apparently one of my forefathers taught Yajur Veda to Kanchi Shankaracharya....... 

4 mathas founded by Adi Sankara, one each in North, South, East, West...each assigned to (among many responsibilities) teach/preserve/propagate one Veda

1. North seat Joshimath (not Badri which is a Vaishnavite stronghold, common misconception), Atharva Veda (latest addition to Vedas, medicine, magic)

2. East seat Puri, Rig Veda (reciting hymns)

3. South seat Sringeri, Yajur Veda (performing sacrifice, not necessarily bali which is integral part of Shakti worship in East, even yajna comes under sacrifice)

4. West seat Dwarka, Sama Veda (singing chants)

Kanchi matha was also established by Adi Sankara but other 4 mathas don't accept this version, lot of politics behind the scenes over the centuries. Disputed even today, maybe he established for an entirely different reason :dontknow:, after all Jagadguru Adi Sankara toured the length and breadth of this landmass and revived Sanatana Dharma in many places, he even visited Kamakhya, Kashmir by foot. Anyway Kanchi was headed by many great people, more recently attained fame/respect because of Jagadguru Chandrasekharendra Sarawati Mahaswami or Mahaperiyavar, one of the greatest saints of dharmic India.

I don't know about the other 4 mathas not accepting Kanchi as a Shankara matha, but it is true that Adi Shankara spent his last few years in Kanchi and established his residence which is called a Matha now. There is a great following of this matha among Iyers, while Smarthas of Karnataka follow Shringeri, always have an one-upmanship over the other. All are Shaivities. 

26 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Not a believer ot Swamijis to worship them. But I respect some of them. I have heard couple of speeches of Sri Dayananda Saraswathi (Arsha Vidya), he was a learned person and a great orator. But, in India, there is a lot of following of a lot of swamijis/gurus/. I dissuade my own family in following/worshipping them. But, would know more about the tradition than the person. For a non-believer everything looks ridiculous.

I don’t see anything wrong with someone following a guru/swamiji as long as it keeps them sane, satisfies their spiritual aspect etc.

We equate a temple priest with a maulana or pastor but temple priest just does all the customs, the interpretation of upanishads,vedas etc are done by these babas and gurus. 

If someone wants to give away all their money to the baba it’s their problem.

For every Ram Rahim or Asaram there are also Vatican priests molesting young kids and maulanas manufacturing terrorists. When we give them the benefit of doubt why not to the religious gurus?

I heard some teachings of a guru that my mom listens to every morning on one of the devotional channels, I was just having my tea and casually listening, I thought he did a great job explaining and breaking down the Sanskrit verses in a very entertaining and at the same time detailed manner. I don’t know if he is interpreting it well or not l, we will never know as Sanskrit is dead as a common language.

Dont see anything wrong with sadhus,babas and swamijis. If someone is making people feel better then good for him/her.

Sure shady activities will get caught eventually but we tend to fall in the same western narrative of cultist babas destroying the lives of their followers. That’s not the case. There are more good ones than frauds actually.

7 minutes ago, maniac said:

I don’t see anything wrong with someone following a guru/swamiji as long as it keeps them sane, satisfies their spiritual aspect etc.

We equate a temple priest with a maulana or pastor but temple priest just does all the customs, the interpretation of upanishads,vedas etc are done by these babas and gurus. 

If someone wants to give away all their money to the baba it’s their problem.

For every Ram Rahim or Asaram there are also Vatican priests molesting young kids and maulanas manufacturing terrorists. When we give them the benefit of doubt why not to the religious gurus?

I heard some teachings of a guru that my mom listens to every morning on one of the devotional channels, I was just having my tea and casually listening, I thought he did a great job explaining and breaking down the Sanskrit verses in a very entertaining and at the same time detailed manner. I don’t know if he is interpreting it well or not l, we will never know as Sanskrit is dead as a common language.

Dont see anything wrong with sadhus,babas and swamijis. If someone is making people feel better then good for him/her.

Sure shady activities will get caught eventually but we tend to fall in the same western narrative of cultist babas destroying the lives of their followers. That’s not the case. There are more good ones than frauds actually.

You got me wrong. I didn’t say it is wrong to follow a guru or swamiji, just that I don’t follow. That’s all, a personal choice. I don’t judge or disrespect those who follow. I just want people to know the tradition or sampradaya before ridicule.

52 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

I just didn't like how the comparisons were made b/w Sringeri and Kanchi.  Who is better?  Who has more power?  Who is more simple?  Etc. Etc.  It was ridiculous because no one could really define what they were basing their comparisons on?  Their belief came first, then their justification for why the one they believe in is somehow better.  Or more real.