Indian democracy needs a good opposition

maniac

8 minutes ago, nikred said:

My uncle holds a key position in Indian overseas congress. No, he is not that Sam pitroda guy. emoji39.png
He had personal interaction with both Gandhi siblings.
He told Priyanka is lot better than Rahul. Rahul has no personality and is not cut out for politics. He is a huge congress fan boy but even he conceded Modi has the charisma that Rahul can only dream off. That was the first and only time I heard him say anything against congress.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

In 2009, many famous, eminent people wrote many good things about Rahul, on how he is so smart, articulate and the next best thing in country. Similarly, Priyanka is a unknown today, and thus so she is automatically seen as the saner, and competent one. That can be wrong...

The problem with both of them is they are elites and don’t understand common man. For them, poverty is just a state of mind and that itself should have ended their careers. Yet, they continued...

@maniac A very valid point you have raised. However opposition for sake of opposition makes no sense. India is a developing country and there is massive room for everyone to work together.

Just yesterday, I was talking to a Sikh guy and asked him, how the hell, BJP is not voted in Punjab. He had no answer when we discussed in details why to oppose BJP?

I recently visited to my home city Prayag. I was so pleasantly surprised and overwhelmed by the development that I felt like writting a letter to DM of city. Infact I told so (in person) to one Administrator who himself is responsible for development of my city.

It is a myth that people(politician) under BJP are not taking their cuts. But amount of cut in terms has drastically reduced( As per him, it was 1% of say 600 crore budget. Its down to 0.1+% now.

So there is that 0.1% room of improvement. Also, I have to admit it. New young DMs and Councillors are far more nationalists then they used to be.

Let me give another simple example, Opposition claims like there is no water in new built toilet seems like making a passing remarks and people dont buy it. People simply accept that he is trying and situation will further improve. Opposition should change this into constructive criticism and come up with new ideas else they will be blown away.

PS: Stop opposing RSS and nationalism. For example when someone opposes Islam, people read more about it to reconfirm. Same is with happening but since RSS is not bad, people end up aligning with RSS or Nationalism because they are more aware of it.

1 hour ago, someone said:

In 2009, many famous, eminent people wrote many good things about Rahul, on how he is so smart, articulate and the next best thing in country. Similarly, Priyanka is a unknown today, and thus so she is automatically seen as the saner, and competent one. That can be wrong...

The problem with both of them is they are elites and don’t understand common man. For them, poverty is just a state of mind and that itself should have ended their careers. Yet, they continued...

Both of them arent cut out for peak politics. I think Congress should choose a new leader who should, If not go after decimating Sonia Ji, should have no issue when someone puts Sonia Vadra Priyanka Rahul behind the bars . Congress needs Varun Gandhi not Rahul

Edited by mishra

Imo, biggest question is how good was Sonia during her era? My theory is she was just as incompetent, and clueless as Rahul. She just got lucky due to lack of social media, corrupt allies and weakest opposition ever.

Pre-social media,  a set of group of elites dictated entire narrative and their opinion were accepted by all. So Sonia just like Rahul in 2000s, were smart, articulate. But social media was game changer, and suddenly a common man could ask questions, and their own opinions could spread to general public. Rahul’s biggest enemy is social media, as that has brought the reality of him. 

12 hours ago, maniac said:

The on the ground general is Ram Madhav. The guy is singlehandedly responsible for the BJP imprint in the North East. Obviously implementing the plans of Amit Shah :hatsoff: that guy is the king maker.

I know this is in lighter vein but whatever inroads BJP has made in NE is because of Himanta Biswa Sarma, the greatest political mind in India's history when it comes to that part of the country. As long as Congress had him, they were the dominant player there. Then RaGa disrespected and humiliated him and he left the party. 

When he shifted to BJP, NDA started forming govts in Christian majority (also insurgency hit) states and winning in Assam which has 35% Muslim population (many Bengalis). Assamese hill Muslims are now a votebank for NDA courtesy this man. Not going into specifics but it's one complicated place (religion, tribes, ethnicities, linguistic groups, outsider-insider conflict) and the way he has stitched alliances is remarkable. 

No matter who the Assam CM is (then Gogoi, now Sonowal) the man below is always the MVP, more important than the democratically elected leader of the state. An out and out nationalist to boot, when he was in Congress he was the brains behind NRC which finally got completed in NDA regime. 

Image result for Himanta Biswa Sarma tribes

Edited by Gollum

7 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Is Ram Madhav related to Rayudu. When I saw him, I thought what is Rayudu's uncle doing here. Has that typical golt look :phehe: @velu What do you think about this

What the fk is a typical golt look? If someone had said a typical “Tamil look” or something in that vein you and @Vilander would be blowing steam here like chipmunks on coffee :laugh:

In last 5 years, any opposition has been supported, and that's very dangerous. So Bharat tere tukde honge gang, questioning army, and I expect such more opposition groups in the next 5 years. There will be opposition to our very democracy system.

Edited by someone

8 minutes ago, maniac said:

What the fk is a typical golt look? If someone had said a typical “Tamil look” or something in that vein you and @Vilander would be blowing steam here like chipmunks on coffee :laugh:

This is the first time I saw Ram Madhav. Just by looking I can make out he is a Telugu and the way he talks confirmed it for me. I suppose Sivaramakrishnan wouldn't be confused as a Northie and Sidhu won't be as a Southie. It was made in a lighter vein. Relax