indian ODI team after wc

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Shivam dubey is a bits and pieces cricketer. His bowling is not better than Shankar's. Need to groom Washington Sundar.

dubey bowling is certainly better then shankar......and his bowling has a lot of scope for improvement . He also can be a candidate for Power hitting role......

But again depends on his development in next few years ....he has the ability to be worked on

Washington lacks power game for last few overs and the question is he good enough to bat in top 5 where is game wud be suited . I dont think he can get ahead of other contenders for same slot 

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Nitish Rana

Nitish rana is more like a part timer with better control and he has serious issue against short pitch thankfully less worse the krunal 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
3 hours ago, express bowling said:

I would love a proper spinning all-rounder.

Reason .... it allows us to play 3 frontline pacers + 2 spinners + Pandya  if the match conditions so demand.

Yes me too.  Nitish is a batting alrouder who can bowl decent off spin as 6th bowler.  Riyan Parag is another similar option but we do not any spinning alrounder who can complement Pandya as a seam alrounder.  Both batting at 6-7 and playing as 5th and 6th bowler.  Hooda is a better bowler among the two but his batting to me has not made enough progress to my liking.  He needs more India A exposure to develop.

14 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

dubey bowling is certainly better then shankar......and his bowling has a lot of scope for improvement . He also can be a candidate for Power hitting role......

But again depends on his development in next few years ....he has the ability to be worked on

Washington lacks power game for last few overs and the question is he good enough to bat in top 5 where is game wud be suited . I dont think he can get ahead of other contenders for same slot 

Nitish rana is more like a part timer with better control and he has serious issue against short pitch thankfully less worse the krunal 

Problem with Dubey is he is already 26 years old, so, I do not see his bowling improving a lot.  For me, the next seam bowling alrounder for us will be Darshan Nalkande, 20 year old from Vidarbha.  He can bowl quite quick and hits the ball hard.  He is a proper bowler who bats.  He can be developed in the next two years and needs to be under the radar.

Regarding Nitish Rana, we want someone who can bat at 7, provide some overs of spin as 6th bowler and play some big shots in slog overs, he is perfect for that.  Instead of playing someone like DK or Jadhav at that number.  

Edited by rkt.india
On 7/3/2019 at 11:32 PM, express bowling said:

I would love a proper spinning all-rounder.

Reason .... it allows us to play 3 frontline pacers + 2 spinners + Pandya  if the match conditions so demand.

we either have bowlers who can bat to some degree (e.g. gopal) or batters who can bowl to some extent (e.g. hooda). finding someone who does well in both disciplines (6-7 overs and fast scoring at 6-8) is a challenge. need to see how the likes of parag, anukul roy, rahul chahar, sundar, etc develop since they are all quite young.

1 minute ago, Vijy said:

we either have bowlers who can bat to some degree (e.g. gopal) or batters who can bowl to some extent (e.g. hooda). finding someone who does well in both disciplines (6-7 overs and fast scoring at 6-8) is a challenge. need to see how the likes of parag, anukul roy, rahul chahar, sundar, etc develop since they are all quite young.

Abhishek Sharma should be the man. Was hugely impressive in the u-19 WC as well as the 2018 IPL. Haven't followed his progress in domestic cricket though. It pissed me off that he barely got any chances for SRH this year.

Just now, Jimmy Cliff said:

Abhishek Sharma should be the man. Was hugely impressive in the u-19 WC as well as the 2018 IPL. Haven't followed his progress in domestic cricket though. It pissed me off that he barely got any chances for SRH this year.

forgot to mention him (and the batting AR Lomror as well). all of the players, incl. abhishek, IMO are lacking in 1 discipline out of 2 but since they are young, I think at least one of them can hopefully claim the no. 7 role for their own. they should be capable of scoring runs at 30+ avg and 110+ SR and bowl between 6-8 overs per match (at least).

23 minutes ago, Vijy said:

forgot to mention him (and the batting AR Lomror as well). all of the players, incl. abhishek, IMO are lacking in 1 discipline out of 2 but since they are young, I think at least one of them can hopefully claim the no. 7 role for their own. they should be capable of scoring runs at 30+ avg and 110+ SR and bowl between 6-8 overs per match (at least).

I see Abhishek as more of a no. 6 as he seems to have a sound technique and doesn't look like slogging even while going for his big shots. Liked his bowling as well in the WC where he seemed to have a decent loop and wasn't darting them in like most modern SLAs. Hasn't played much FC/List A in the last few months though and even his numbers seem meh. Not sure what's going on.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

I see Abhishek as more of a no. 6 as he seems to have a sound technique and doesn't look like slogging even while going for his big shots. Liked his bowling as well in the WC where he seemed to have a decent loop and wasn't darting them in like most modern SLAs. Hasn't played much FC/List A in the last few months though and even his numbers seem meh. Not sure what's going on.

His state team has also misutilized him in the various formats. Rajasthan in contrast has a good record of hosting several promising young-ish cricketers like Nagarkoti, Lomror, Rahul Chahar, Nathu, etc.

9 minutes ago, Vijy said:

His state team has also misutilized him in the various formats. Rajasthan in contrast has a good record of hosting several promising young-ish cricketers like Nagarkoti, Lomror, Rahul Chahar, Nathu, etc.

Interesting. So he's stuck with a state side that is under-utilizing him and a franchise team that prefers to play a hack like Yusuf ahead of him :ohwell:.

On 7/3/2019 at 10:27 PM, express bowling said:

At No.7, we need a big hitting batsman who can bowl too.  He can share the 5th bowler's workload with Pandya.

Who are our options. ?

Sundar is not a big hitter yet.

Hooda hardly bowls these days and his batting has been disappointing.

Gopal isn't a big hitter either.

Yes ... Lomror qualifies.

I hope Rahul Chahar can grow into one if his batting keeps on improving.  He can tonk a few, has batted well in an Unofficial test match recently scring 84 and is a good bowler.

Abhishek Sharma is a big hitter and can turn the ball too. Looks like a proper bowling prospect if he works on that.

Yes i too feel we need to groom Abhishek Sharma,we clearly lack a lower order hitter who can bowl, going forward we need to have people at 8,9 who can swing their bats to get us quick 40-50 runs and obviously who can fill the quota of 5 bowler with Pandya(believe he emerges as one of the top ARs)

On 7/3/2019 at 9:46 PM, Vijy said:

There should be a place for Gopal I think: he is better in 2 out of 3 disciplines than Chahal

Also, whatever I have seen of Abhishek's bowling is unimpressive to me - I have found Lomror to be a better bet in limited overs matches; I think it's either better to go with a batsman who can bowl (e.g., Hooda, Sundar) or a bowler who bats (e.g., Gopal).

Abhishek is a batsman who bowls. Anukul is a bowler who bats.

We need to have mix of older players and new players after WC.  Rohit is 32, Shikhar is 33.  They will be 36, 37 by 2023 and BCCI must avoid Dhoni like situation at that time. We would need replacement of these two but we also cant discard these two immediately after WC.  So, it will be a challenge how selectors groom new openers who can get settled down by 2023 and has enough games and experience by that time.  Even Kohli will be 34 then.  Same with pacers.  

Same with bowlers. Bumrah won't be an issue if fit but Shami and BK will be 33-34 on paper by then and I dont think we should be betting on them to win us WC at that age.  We can see how Steyn has struggled for fitness in last 2 years since he touched 34.  he has hardly played any cricket and whenever, he made a come back, got injured quickly.  

So, it will be imperative for us to rotate new and old players simultaneously as we cant discard old experienced players as they are not old enough to discard immediately and we also have to groom younger players and give them enough exposure to perform come WC 2023.  It is going to be a big challenge as Indian cricket hardly functions on planning.

48 minutes ago, Stuge said:

rkt back to hyping fast bowlers .:hysterical:

There is nothing to be hyped about him.  Nathu has already played for India A and might even have played for India by now had he not suffered stress fracture in the back 2 years back.  Everyone knows about him since 2016.

Edited by rkt.india
Just now, rkt.india said:

There is nothing to be hyped about him.  Nathu has already played for India A and might even have played for India by now had he not suffered stress fracture in the back 2 years back.

jinx karna band karde