[REPORTS] MS Dhoni likely to retire after India's last world cup match

12 hours ago, Switchblade said:

It's quite obvious don't see India winning the WC with middle ordee being full of passengers but blame goes to Vk for that for persisting with Old players. 

Hang on.

India can win the World Cup with a useless, pathetic and spineless middle order, but it would need Hitman and Kohli to play one of their greatest innings of ODI cricket.

For India to win, Hitman or Kohli will need to score 150+ and the rest of the batsmen contribute  150.

I also hope we play 7 bowlers Bumrah, Shami, Kumar, Chalal, Kuldeep, Pandya, Jadeja.

DK/Jedhav in the middle order will NOT win India a match. Might as well go for Jadeja who can contribute as much as DK/Jedhav with the bat but much much better with the ball.

7 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Oh I know that this post was my way of acknowledging his greatness. As a Pakistani this player Dhoni gave us many problems. At his best he was great, mature, a professional. For a long time he has made India what it is today. Even though he tarnished his legacy, no one can forget what he did for team India.

I agree what he did for India was greatness. What he is doing now though is going to cost them a World Cup.

India could have carried him if we had 4-5 good batsmen for him to play around. India however only have two now. Hitman and Kohli.

Thats why Dhoni is suffering all this scrutiny.

11 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

I agree what he did for India was greatness. What he is doing now though is going to cost them a World Cup.

India could have carried him if we had 4-5 good batsmen for him to play around. India however only have two now. Hitman and Kohli.

Thats why Dhoni is suffering all this scrutiny.

Why should India "carry him" regardless of how many great bats they have? India owes him nothing. He performs he stays.

2 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Whats happening to your batsmen? Why are you not getting anymore gems?

Its easy to understand why Indian cricket is struggling.

When India play on roads in India, Dhawan, Rohit and Kohli score massive scores, so there is little chance for the next incoming batsmen to be given time to bat and show and their worth.

I knew this would happen, I was sick of seeing huge centuries by Rohit and Kohli as this was hampering our preparations for the World Cup.

There are decent batsmen coming through and once Dhoni retires and Pant takes his position, this will open up even more batting opportunities for Mayank and Shaw to be a part of the team.

India have messed up their preparations of this world cup and have only themselves to blame.

The fact that Pant/Mayant has been included late in the tournament tells you how wrong they have been.

1 minute ago, Dil Dil India said:

Why should India "carry him" regardless of how many great bats they have? India owes him nothing. He performs he stays.

INDIA SHOULDNT.

But thats what they are doing at the moment, but they dont have quality batsmen to carry him.

32 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Whats happening to your batsmen? Why are you not getting anymore gems?

there are some good ones around, but they were getting blocked by bad selection policies. shaw, gill, mayank, iyer, anmolpreet, etc could have all gotten more chances.

2 hours ago, Dil Dil India said:

Thats how it should be... India should have dumped him after 2015 world cup. 

After this world cup, Kohli should give up ODI & T20 captaincy and concentrate on his batting . If fitness permits, Rohit should get both

2 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

MS Dhoni Using Different Bat Logos As Goodwill Gesture

https://sports.ndtv.com/world-cup-2019/ms-dhoni-using-different-bat-logos-as-goodwill-gesture-2064569

Looks like end is here guys. Last tournament for one of the legends of Indian cricket.

From the article:                                            "Usually, Dhoni charges around Rs 10-15 lakh per match for playing with a particular logo."              No wonder he wants to keep playing. Forward lunge defensive shot showing the full face of the bat is the best advert for the logo!