Popular first songs from other languages that you listened/remember !!!

velu

Lebanese Pop: Heard while driving down from Dubai Internet City to home in Al Raffa in my friend's car.

French Rap: Heard while watching the movie Taxi 1

Mexican Hip-Hop: Heard while watching Amores Perros (Apparently this is featured in Arjun Reddy too?)

Another great track from the movie (Acoustic Pop) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhKEcI7LaWg

Uzbeki Folk Pop: Heard in a coffee shop while traveling through the bylanes of Tashkent

K-Pop: Heard because of girlfriend.

Saharan Rebel Folk Blues Music: Discovered while futzing around on last.fm back in 2007.

Edited by Prakat

4 hours ago, Prakat said:

Lebanese Pop: Heard while driving down from Dubai Internet City to home in Al Raffa in my friend's car.

I am pretty sure this guy is Egyptian. Back in the day at SPIDA, we had performed to his songs at the summerfunk.

He is the same guy who sang the original version of the "Kaho na kaho" number from Murder.

PS: if not too intrusive, what were you upto at Tashkent? Even the name is so exotic.

On 7/23/2019 at 12:24 AM, Mariyam said:

I am pretty sure this guy is Egyptian. Back in the day at SPIDA, we had performed to his songs at the summerfunk.

He is the same guy who sang the original version of the "Kaho na kaho" number from Murder.

PS: if not too intrusive, what were you upto at Tashkent? Even the name is so exotic.

You're right obviously! I think I always associated him as Lebanese because my friend was one. Here's one of my favourite driving tracks from those days...