Ganguly set to become-new-bcci-president

raki05

40 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Ganguly happened to be a good leader on the cricket field. But he had the talent coming up to match it - Yuvi, Dhoni, Zak, Bhajji, Kaif, Nehra, etc. Admin is a different job. He has the politician in him to wade himself through the troubled waters. But his ability to make positive changes to Indian cricket is not proven yet. I don't think he has improved Bengal cricket. His commentary is boring, repetitive and not so insightful. Its good to be a little skeptical

PS: Bewda may get axed though :giggle:

But Ganguly maybe one of the best options who are actually available for BCCI Presidentship as of today.

He may have his weaknesses but are there are better actual candidates ?

One thing I strongly expect is Kohli-Shastri duo not having their way all the time. There maybe some accountability demanded off them. Dhoni may not have a free run either unless he performs. And these things are most essential for the good of Indian cricket.

The current administrators don't seem to have any say in the cricketing aspects.

He has talked about accepting pink ball test cricket. Personally, I like this as we need more spectators on the ground.

Beyond these issues ... we don't know what he will do and whether he can bring about any positive structural changes on the infrastructure front, player development front or BCCI's stature in the ICC.

Let's wait and watch. 

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

But Ganguly maybe one of the best options who are actually available for BCCI Presidentship as of today.

He may have his weaknesses but are there are better actual candidates ?

One thing I strongly expect is Kohli-Shastri duo not having their way all the time. There maybe some accountability demanded off them. Dhoni may not have a free run either unless he performs. And these things are most essential for the good of Indian cricket.

The current administrators don't seem to have any say in the cricketing aspects.

He has talked about accepting pink ball test cricket. Personally, I like this as we need more spectators on the ground.

Beyond these issues ... we don't know what he will do and whether he can bring about any positive structural changes on the infrastructure front, player development front or BCCI's stature in the ICC.

Let's wait and watch. 

Dude performance is out of the question. Dhoni is atleast 38 if not more. I have seen other fan forums where they are laughing at India's selection of grandpas. This should have ended with Sachin but it definitely has to end with Dhoni. I heard the other day, Gavaskar was talking about Kohli that he can play until 40 considering he is supremely fit. I was like fvcking NOOOO. Dhoni should be not selected again for India again. Hopefully Ganguly has a word with Dhoni to retire immediately and have a last ODI match in Ranchi or Chennai. Then Srini can have Dhoni all for himself and thala can hit last ball sixes for CSK for more seasons :p:

3 hours ago, New guy said:

I have never seen such blind hero worship of politicians. Cult of politicians is a doom for democracy. And like any good cult member you attack the intelligent people and the media. For a cult to survive people should be stupid and not able to think for themselves 

I agree with you though that power is as big a motivator as money. But for a true democracy the citizens as well as the media should be against the government and not pro. That's how a democracy is different from dictatorship and that's how governments power are kept in check. We already are kind of weak as there is no strong opposition in the country. Blindly worshiping the government can doom us no matter who is in power 

But you do worship Sachin though :phehe:  If he becomes a politician, you would do a u-turn on your stance on worshipping politicians more so if he joins kahngress. I know you have sympathy for khangress and "peaceful" neighbor next door.

5 hours ago, New guy said:

have never seen such blind hero worship of politicians

Then you probably didn't live through or remember the period when Nehru, Indira or rajiv ruled the country...now that WAS hero worship :winky:. See,  life is about making relatively better choices - we all might want a ferrari or hema/amitabh, but settle for a hyundai or girl/boy next door. Likewise in politics. No harm in supporting lesser of two evils, and Modi-Shah are streets ahead of the next best alternative. If you are a stockholder of a company and you get a decent CEO after a disastrous one, would you still oppose the new CEO just for the heck of it? What's this deal about democracy being weak if you aren't opposing the government on anything & everything...give an issue-based reaction, apply your mind. We have umpteen examples of how 'intelligent' people have led us up the garden path for decades. In a cricketing context, would you blindly believe what a Shastri says just because he has played international cricket and commented on the game for decades?

BUMP

Time for Dada to show his powers and save Indian cricket. If there is one person who can take on the Kohli mafia, it's him. Dismantle this mafia ASAP for the sake of our cricketing future. Every single day this idiot is allowed to remain as the captain adds to the damage in our cricket.

Can Maharaj rise to the occasion and purge Indian cricket of the ills or will this remain a pipe dream?

On 10/20/2019 at 8:47 PM, Cricwala said:

Then you probably didn't live through or remember the period when Nehru, Indira or rajiv ruled the country...now that WAS hero worship :winky:. See,  life is about making relatively better choices - we all might want a ferrari or hema/amitabh, but settle for a hyundai or girl/boy next door. Likewise in politics. No harm in supporting lesser of two evils, and Modi-Shah are streets ahead of the next best alternative. If you are a stockholder of a company and you get a decent CEO after a disastrous one, would you still oppose the new CEO just for the heck of it? What's this deal about democracy being weak if you aren't opposing the government on anything & everything...give an issue-based reaction, apply your mind. We have umpteen examples of how 'intelligent' people have led us up the garden path for decades. In a cricketing context, would you blindly believe what a Shastri says just because he has played international cricket and commented on the game for decades?

Streets ahead based on what? Which data? What garden path have we been led up to in decades , every data point indicator show that those governments you criticized performed WAY better than this bragging government which just talks big and achieves nothing and bungles other things 

If you actually used your brain you would look at facts instead of populist talks and propaganda. And its hilarious you talk about lesser evil when its constantly proven than lesser evil is the status quo  and we always pay the price when a populist government takes over. You talk about Rajeev and nwhru when again every indication shows the alternative was way worse. Those WERE the lesser evil

Communalism and populism has ALWAYS been the greater evil in history and always destroyed countries way more than corruption (half of which was blatant propaganda as the result of demonitization showed)

It's no coincidence that the 3 countries which suffered the most during corona, India, America and Brazil all had right wing populist government. As soon as America returned to status quo things improved a million times. 

One day people will learn to look at actual facts instead of populism and empty promises 

Edited by New guy