Ganguly set to become-new-bcci-president

raki05

He might give an ultimatum to dhoni and curb a bit of kohlis power. From as much I have heard, dada has a long memory and doesnt forgive even the smallest slight. Well that's the circle of life, when you are powerful, you should not burn bridges. Dhoni is lucky that sachin, laxman, schwag, dravid were not power hungry and vindictive or else he would have been gone a long time ago 

Bad bad move. A good cricketer and a good captain doesn’t make a great admin. Rather have Srini mama or even Thakur.

Cricketers and ex cricketers  in India no matter what their stature are yes men to the big shots upstairs. Cricketers should stick to coaching or  analysis or cricketing related matters like selection etc  in my opinion unless they have shown any kind of track record of administrative or business  acumen.

We saw the fiasco during the ind-Pak game during Wt20 2016 of how Bengal cricket association messed up that affair

We saw how bad the amenities are when the India-SA game couple of years back was washed out and there wasn’t even a helicopter or a state of the art super sopper.

Can someone tell me what Ganguly has gone for Bengal cricket all these years. All I see him

do is commentate reminiscing of the “glory” days or be a “mentor” to Daredevils team with whatever a mentor does. This is just an extra stream of income that’s about it.

Either it is going to be a disaster or he is just going to be a puppet for some Dalmiya- Sreeni type puppet master.

Dont expect anything revolutionary. 

Edited by maniac
18 minutes ago, New guy said:

He might give an ultimatum to dhoni and curb a bit of kohlis power. From as much I have heard, dada has a long memory and doesnt forgive even the smallest slight. Well that's the circle of life, when you are powerful, you should not burn bridges. Dhoni is lucky that sachin, laxman, schwag, dravid were not power hungry and vindictive or else he would have been gone a long time ago 

Shastri is just an easy punching bag. Heard Ganguly 

do commentary? He still thinks Dhoni is a 

powet hitter and sings his Bhajans. Sucks up to Kohli too. 

Edited by maniac

Ganguly is nowhere near the messiah he is portrayed to be. In fact he is lot like Shastri- both are prone to hyperbole. Ganguly often mentions that his team was the best touring team from india- what is to say Shastri's assertion of the best ever Indian team was not an effort to subtly taunt Ganguly? Both are characters who won't back down- except Ganguly was a far better player than Shastri . Expect only hyperbolic statements from Ganguly with no real work being done at the ground level- he drew one series in Australia and won 1 against Pakistan with arguably the best batting line up of all time and we have not heard the end of his talking up those "achievements". Riddle me this- England is the size of Uttar Pradesh. How come England has more variety in it's pitches than whole of India? Pretty sure Ganguly will talk a lot about improving pitches in domestic cricket and do nothing about it.

5 minutes ago, Peshust said:

Ganguly is nowhere near the messiah he is portrayed to be. In fact he is lot like Shastri- both are prone to hyperbole. Ganguly often mentions that his team was the best touring team from india- what is to say Shastri's assertion of the best ever Indian team was not an effort to subtly taunt Ganguly? Both are characters who won't back down- except Ganguly was a far better player than Shastri . Expect only hyperbolic statements from Ganguly with no real work being done at the ground level- he drew one series in Australia and won 1 against Pakistan with arguably the best batting line up of all time and we have not heard the end of his talking up those "achievements". Riddle me this- England is the size of Uttar Pradesh. How come England has more variety in it's pitches than whole of India? Pretty sure Ganguly will talk a lot about improving pitches in domestic cricket and do nothing about it.

He was a good captain. Very good player and also backed youngsters who did well for us.

This is no different from Pakistanis thinking that Imran Khan who was a great cricket  captain will miraculously translate those accomplishments into becoming a great politician. 

Its chalk and cheese. All we might get is a confused guy who will be used as a puppet by guys who know how to play the power game.

also he is not new to this role, he has been handed a Admin job and not only has he sucked at it, he was busy taking other gigs as if he resolved all the issues in his primary role. 

Edited by maniac