Actors with great screen presence

zen

On 10/28/2019 at 3:01 PM, Real McCoy said:

I didn't say Govinda did. Just talking about hindi film industry in general. I don't think govinda acted in the 00s because I didn't follow bollywood after the 90s.

Just out of curiosity, did you grow up/spend some time in the Gulf?

Over here, mainly Gulf returnees use Hindi Films and not Bollywood.

13 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Just out of curiosity, did you grow up/spend some time in the Gulf?

Over here, mainly Gulf returnees use Hindi Films and not Bollywood.

Nope never been to gulf apart from stop overs en route to US and back. I grew up in Chennai where most people don't watch hindi movies. I was born in Delhi and spent some years there. So I can understand Hindi but can't speak Hindi too much. My elder brother and some of my cousins can speak Hindi fluently. Some of my native tamil cousins are taken aback that these cousins who are ethnically tamil can speak hindi and eat phulka roti at home :shock:

PS - These "northie" Tamils even drink at home with their fathers and have a northie accent when they speak Tamil (more so with the uncles rather than the cousins). These guys have travelled throughout India unlike many tamils who don't usually go north of Chennai or Bangalore.

Edited by Real McCoy

On 10/28/2019 at 3:16 PM, FischerTal said:

how can OP forget Marlon Brando? his acting in The Godfather and Al Pacino in The Godfather Part 2 are the best performances in history of cinema as far as im concerned.

As far as screen presence goes, Al Pacino in Scent of a Woman made a much more stronger impact than his role in the Godfather series.

On 10/15/2019 at 3:37 PM, zen said:

As for actresses:

• Katharine Hepburn. An Oscar heavyweight. Films include The African Queen and Summertime 
  • Grace Kelly. Dial M for Murder, Rear Window, To Catch A Thief, etc.  
  • Monica Vitti. Notable films include L'avventura
  • Sophia Loren. The River, Houseboat, It Started in Naples, Two Women, etc. 
  • Brigitte Bardot. And God Created Woman,  La Verite, etc. 
  • Catherine Deneuve. Umbrellas of Cherbourg, Repulsion, etc. 

Audrey Hepburn. Roman Holiday, Charade, Sabrina, etc. 

Robert Downey Jr is super charismatic. Unless that doesn't fall under the OP's definition of great screen presence, in which case, ignore this post :phehe:

He turned a B tier superhero, Iron-Man, into the centerpiece of the biggest box-office phenomenon in recent history, the MCU.