Deodhar trophy- India A, India B and India C

8 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

A promising young leg spinner who was in the India u-19 team recently and has done well. Nothing wrong in giving chances to a young leggie

What about Shreyas Gopal?

I am not against giving youngsters a go but that should not be at the cost of seasoned customers.

Unless Gopal has some other assignment, in which case its ok I guess.

3 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

What about Shreyas Gopal?

I am not against giving youngsters a go but that should not be at the cost of seasoned customers.

Unless Gopal has some other assignment, in which case its ok I guess.

He did not play the semis and finals for Karnataka. Not sure if he is fully fit.

In any case, if need be, pick multiple leg spinners in the squad. ENough with defensive finger spinners in LOIs

6 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

He did not play the semis and finals for Karnataka. Not sure if he is fully fit.

In any case, if need be, pick multiple leg spinners in the squad. ENough with defensive finger spinners in LOIs

Our under19 squads these days have repeatedly churned out a series of left arm spinners. Shiva Singh,Anukul Roy, Harsh Tyagi, Siddhart Desai, Ankolekar etc. Im sure there are many more.

In addition to this we already have guys like Jadeja, Krunal, Axar etc in the international squad.

If wrist spinners are what we're after then we should pick more of them in our junior squads.

3 hours ago, raki05 said:

What a pathetic bowlers playing in India A ...you should choose bowlers who can pose challenge to batsmen so that batsmen like Gill, Agrawal who is graduating to internationals would at least have smooth transition. But bowling choosen for deodhar trophy is so mediocre that batsmen have to face complete new bowling environment in internationals.

Do not understand what this selectors doing ?  Deodher trophy gave them a chance to select best 3 teams without ant restriction of state or zone. . They should have used this to select players who should be in contention for India. Instead they are selecting bowlers who played for India and have been rejected now due poor show. I.e Dhaval,Unadcutter, Kaul .  Horrible bunch of selectors with no vision as to who they think are India probables.If their thinking is that the above are domestic performers ,then they can still play in Ranji . Since they cannot be India probables any more, when you select A,B,C teams of India these teams should include as many probables as possibles , not proven failures.

Edited by prudent_kreeda