Young upcoming fast bowlers thread.

rkt.india

Why are most of the really tall bowlers not bowling with effort ?

This is exactly what i raised in my previous post, it’s a trend, TALLER bowlers dont have strong bodies or not strong run ups to generate good enough pace in the age group cricket.. you look at the neighbours, their kids will run in almost sprint and deliver with a strong wrist action unlike here.. it’s basic conditioning since childhood i guess.. has to be a cultural change only the things will improve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
7 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Why are most of the really tall bowlers not bowling with effort ?

Lack of athleticism. Dhanush Gowda looks the best of the tall bowlers and Badiani. There are so many of them in this lot. Gowda, Badiani, Divij Mehra, Rishith Reddy, Garv Sangwan, Mohit Shibu.

9i

13 minutes ago, nsareen said:

This is exactly what i raised in my previous post, it’s a trend, TALLER bowlers dont have strong bodies or not strong run ups to generate good enough pace in the age group cricket.. you look at the neighbours, their kids will run in almost sprint and deliver with a strong wrist action unlike here.. it’s basic conditioning since childhood i guess.. has to be a cultural change only the things will improve

If our shorter lads want to bowl quick then it is not entirely a culture issue.

We need better bowling coaches and conditioning coaches at U16 and U19 level.

9 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Lack of athleticism. Dhanush Gowda looks the best of the tall bowlers and Badiani. There are so many of them in this lot. Gowda, Badiani, Divij Mehra, Rishith Reddy, Garv Sangwan, Mohit Shibu.

It just shows that there is an active effort to bring to the fore really tall bowlers ... but there are not enough quick bowlers in this lot.

I am strongly of the opinion that Indians should try to focus on pacers who are 145 k+  ( 140 k+ at U19 level )  and height between 5'11" to 6'2". ( unless we have a 150 k+ pacer like Umran ).

We will find most international quality pacers in this group.

9i

If our shorter lads want to bowl quick then it is not entirely a culture issue.

We need better bowling coaches and conditioning coaches at U16 and U19 level.

i feel, the coaches encourage taller bowlers to catch a length & rely on bounce & movement, at least little i’ve seen in local coaching scenarios.. Motivation & Inspiration to bowl really fast is PERSONAL but the coaches can fine tune the run up , action which helps bowling fast, i don’t see that part here at least

It just shows that there is an active effort to bring to the fore really tall bowlers ... but there are not enough quick bowlers in this lot.

I am strongly of the opinion that Indians should try to focus on pacers who are 145 k+  ( 140 k+ at U19 level )  and height between 5'11" to 6'2". ( unless we have a 150 k+ pacer like Umran ).

We will find most international quality pacers in this group.

TBH if we get a couple of BUMRAH’s who are not that tall but pacy & skilful should be good for a DECADE, have less hopes of a really tall & quick bowler

1 hour ago, nsareen said:

TBH if we get a couple of BUMRAH’s who are not that tall but pacy & skilful should be good for a DECADE, have less hopes of a really tall & quick bowler

Bumrah Is 145 k+ and around 5'11" in terms of height.

.... Plus has long arms and high arm action. So, his release point is almost like a 6'1" type of pacer.

.... Add to that his hyperextension, wrist whip and releasing the ball a few inches past the crease 

.... he is the perfect fast bowler.

So, basically 145k+ and 5'11" to 6'2" height ... the exact kind of quick I am looking for from India.

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Tall bowlers are lazy. They feel bounce alone should be enough to intimidate players. You need pace bounce and skills like bouncer yoeker and inswinh outshine to be a top bowler.