Is this the greatest NZ test side of all time?

Gollum

GOAT Kiwi test side?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Verdict?

• Yes
    • No
    • Tied with some other NZ side (specify)

On 6/20/2021 at 11:39 PM, Gollum said:

Conway and Jamieson have taken this side to another level. Top finds both of them, quality openers and fast bowling ARs are the toughest to find. 

Taylor, Watling, Wagner will retire soon and they lack a decent spinner (maybe Patel is the answer?). Without spinner(s) and reverse swing merchants tough to see them competing in Ind....against Aus their mental block will get the better of them. 

Top side especially for Eng/NZ/RSA conditions. Looking at their squad depth they will be eying that top 2 spot even in the next WTC cycle. 

Ravindra is another guy who ll add a lot to this squad. Will young another really good batsman. They do have valueable all rounder option. In loi fin allen wud be another guy to watchout. 

To get past australia they need to find someone like bond. They wont win in India for longest time but still will keep getting better of us in their condition in pressure games. 

Aus will hammer NZ anywhere in the world, irrespective of conditions, huge mental block for them Kiwis. Prepared greentops for Aus at home last time, in the lead-up to the series made many jokes about Aus' inability on those pitches and GOAT Smith made them chase leather for multiple days.

Steve Smith, Nathan Lyon and David Warner inspect the wicket at Basin Reserve the day before the first Test.

Steve Smith, Nathan Lyon and David Warner inspect the wicket at Basin Reserve the day before the first Test.

On 6/30/2021 at 12:21 PM, Gollum said:

Aus will hammer NZ anywhere in the world, irrespective of conditions, huge mental block for them Kiwis. Prepared greentops for Aus at home last time, in the lead-up to the series made many jokes about Aus' inability on those pitches and GOAT Smith made them chase leather for multiple days.

Here's hoping that we see Smith back to his old best soon. I want to see him back to becoming a run glutton and pwning all attacks.

18 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

ravi ravindra n will young showing good signs, which is why i said these pitches by Bangladesh will happen opposition in long run as they ll learn which of their young players have the ability for subcontinental conditions 

What did Ravindra do?

6 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

NZ will give us a hard time especially with the bat if we prepare surfaces like we made against Saffers in 2019.

I think Chokli is better off preparing dust bowls & roll them over.  They deserve it as well. 

Ajaz & Santner will cause troubles but we will win. 

if we prepare dust bowls, we will need to play 4 bowlers + 6 batsmen (of which 2 should be sundar and vihari IMO, for their bowling abilities as well)

1 minute ago, Vijy said:

if we prepare dust bowls, we will need to play 4 bowlers + 6 batsmen (of which 2 should be sundar and vihari IMO, for their bowling abilities as well)

Prep dustbowl is the biggest injustice to our batsman, everyone deserves home runs 

Also it creates an unnecessary wrong image of our spinners which they dnt deserve

Just now, rkt.india said:

Why do you need 6 bowling options. 

sundar and vihari should be there because of their batting; their bowling is a bonus - that's why I said "as well". I do not rate rahane in home conditions. my lineup would be Shaw/KL, Rohit, Chepu, Rat, Vihari, Sundar, Pant. and then 4 bowlers. this is only if a dust bowl is present.

otherwise, the 5 bowler option is preferable

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Prep dustbowl is the biggest injustice to our batsman, everyone deserves home runs 

Also it creates an unnecessary wrong image of our spinners which they dnt deserve

I said "If we prepare..." I wasn't the one arguing for dust bowls.