ICF Chess Tournament

FischerTal

On 2/24/2020 at 7:44 PM, Real McCoy said:

Wise decision. I spent an entire sunday playing. I played some 20 odd games at a stretch :stoned:

:shock:

I don't like to play more than 2-3 games at a stretch. There is always a burnout and I play very poorly in the subsequent games. More error prone for sure.

Edited by Mariyam

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

:shock:

I don't like to play more than 2-3 games at a stretch. There is always a burnout and I play very poorly in the subsequent games. More error prone for sure.

I don't like to either but that day I kept on losing. I started with 5 straight losses. I should have stopped it there. Interesting part of human psychology is that you keep playing when you are losing and are satisfied when you win. Learnt my lesson there. Thats why WWE scripts have the favorite player lose more to keep the fans tuned in. And when the fav player wins a big event it feels much more sweeter for the fans.

Many sports psychologists suggest taking breaks when you are not doing well. Hence after any timeouts, the losing player turns the momentum around. The winning player should never take breaks so that he keeps his momentum. I find it true in sports such as single player tennis where you are on your own during the match and no help from teammates and no coaching allowed. These days medical timeouts and longer bathroom breaks are allowed and there is a change in momentum. It has kept the older players over 30 winning more slams than ever in the last decade. Usually once they hit 30, their reflexes decline, more wear and tear and the younger player usually dominates and retirement is around the corner. Not anymore.

23 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Mercury in astrology symbolizes one's intellect among many other things. @velu's horoscope has mercury placement in Virgo which is its exaltation point. Chess requires intellect and organizing powers. Hence the comment :cantstop:

but my bigger problem is venus is also in virgo :mad: 

very much in bed with sun :(( 

1 minute ago, velu said:

but my bigger problem is venus is also in virgo :mad: 

very much in bed with sun :(( 

Venus(wife) in bed with Sun(father) like the movie netrikkan :laugh: j/k. Most likely arranged marriage or girl (venus rules the 7th house of marriage and business partnerships) from workplace (Sun rules the 10th house of work). Venus is in debilitaion but Mercury its best friend is in exaltation. So it probably kind of evens out. Of course in astrology or in every day life, take Fed's advice

tumblr_ms8r9jhVyx1qeolcio1_500.gif

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I'm an amatuer in astrology. I just have an interest in astrology not an expert on predictive astrology. It will work itself out. Don't try astrology. Rather talk to a girl or get an arranged marriage

@Real McCoy

I always tend to remember my losing games a lot more than the ones I've won. Especially the ones, where I snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

The game against @The Dark Horse, I was up on material and time and played poorly and with a sense of complacency. Lost a bishop, lost many pawns and ended up losing. Of all my games in this tournament, that is the one where I have maximum recall.

Defeat is always a better mnemonic. :(( 

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

@Real McCoy

I always tend to remember my losing games a lot more than the ones I've won. Especially the ones, where I snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

The game against @The Dark Horse, I was up on material and time and played poorly and with a sense of complacency. Lost a bishop, lost many pawns and ended up losing. Of all my games in this tournament, that is the one where I have maximum recall.

Defeat is always a better mnemonic. :((

Its a reminder to not repeat the same mistakes again. That's one +ve spin :nice: