ICF Chess Tournament

FischerTal

10 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

As of now

In the first tournament

@Mariyam vs @Lannister  -> winner to play the final vs @FischerTal

In the second tournament, we have only 4 contestants

@Singh bling @Real McCoy @The Dark Horse @Mariyam

We can have a round robin where each player plays each other player twice. Once with Black and White each. 

Since this year's IPL looks doomed, lets adopt our fav teams.

I'm in for :csk: @velu support me :cheer:

@Mariyam will play for the evil mumbai mafia bambis :mi:

@Lannister for :rcb:

@The Dark Horse for :kkr1:

@Singh bling either for :kp: or :dc:

25 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

@Real McCoy

Why should @velu support you? He can compete.

@Gollum interested to participate?

And @The Dark Horse should represent :csk:, not you. You can represent :kkr1: :dontknow:

Yes @velu and @Gollum should participate. Everybody is sitting at home. Why not play? @The Dark Horse changed his support to :kkr:after mumbai mafia and mumbanis tried to get srini mama in trouble :mad: . mama's SIL is really a cricket enthusiast :((

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

@Real McCoy

Why should @velu support you? He can compete.

@Gollum interested to participate?

And @The Dark Horse should represent :csk:, not you. You can represent :kkr1: :dontknow:

Yeah but should it be tournament or can we just play for fun here, it isn't like you guys complete tournaments. Let's be honest, this thread was started 4 months back, many games had to be abandoned, yet to come to a conclusion with so few players. Why not simply post the link here and whoever is free can play? That way things won't be held up, those who want to pass time can do so, no obligation for others. Someone like OP needn't be burdened with creating tournament pages and keeping track.

PS- me :kkr1:

Edited by Gollum

26 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Yeah but should it be tournament or can we just play for fun here, it isn't like you guys complete tournaments. Let's be honest, this thread was started 4 months back, many games had to be abandoned, yet to come to a conclusion with so few players. Why not simply post the link here and whoever is free can play? That way things won't be held up, those who want to pass time can do so, no obligation for others. Someone like OP needn't be burdened with creating tournament pages and keeping track.

PS- me :kkr1:

https://lichess.org/NKaKlWSG

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

4 month long tournament started during christmas time sucks :facepalm:

That is precisely the reason why we must be more unofficial about this, no rules, regulations, deadline or keeping track of other results, any 2 people online can use this thread and pass time. If you wanna play 1 minute game or 3+0, 5+8 or one hour game.....whatever suits you. 

36 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

@Gollum 

A competition makes it more fun. Competition is the history of mankind.

5 mins per player per game. 

The T20 equivalent of chess.

I prefer 2 or 3 minutes per side games. Advantage of unofficial is I can play 5 minutes games against you, maybe 1 minute one against someone else.

Edited by Gollum