Sadhguru brilliantly explains what Citizenship bill is all about

Austin 3:!6

On 1/2/2020 at 4:07 AM, coffee_rules said:

Just the accent and gyaan. He is happily married with kids, but is giving diksha to young to be celibate in life and live a life as a yogi. There are troubled parents with sad stories about how their kids are misled by this fake guru. He is a bandwagoner , picks up the latest issue and picks the one that is popular. He is like Arnab goswami  or Vivek Agnihotri I feel his gyaan is half baked and not from a real sanathani, he is one of those fake secular god men, that want to remove Hindu dharma from Indic spiritual knowledge systems like yoga, Ayurveda etc. Read about his views on Aryan Invasion theory and Dravidian politics and probably he has changed his views now. But he is a necessary evil for us RWers, need all the help we need.

I think you are completely ill informed on everything you mentioned. Don't know where to begin. 

9 hours ago, Audiophile said:

Wow, did not even know that he was married, has daughter and that his wife died under mysterious circumstances! Mahasamadhi, my foot!

Everyone in the state here knows that. The foundation he built on is on forest/tribal lands. The translation is king cobra near isha foundation. Whereas the truth is the opposite.

Look how he disassociates with something inherent to our religion and is calling it universal to all mankind. This is how misappropriation happens, our civilizational thoughts are digested to something different and originality is lost in practice. This is what happened to yoga, Ayurveda etc. This is reason I don’t trust him and other universal gurus. These new age hippie followers  don’t think religion is cool, but this mumbo- jumbo talk of cosmos, energy and universal mankind crap is cool for them.

Edited by coffee_rules

On 1/1/2020 at 10:07 AM, coffee_rules said:

Not a fan of jaggi, he is fake, and is a bandwagoner.

On 1/1/2020 at 10:07 PM, coffee_rules said:

Just the accent and gyaan. He is happily married with kids, but is giving diksha to young to be celibate in life and live a life as a yogi.

oh so you judge he is fake based on his accent OK.  

And where did you see him giving gyan to young unwilling people to live life as a yogi ? 

did you even see any of his video ? His foundation do all the digital media marketing tricks but where is the guy coming across as fake for asking young to be yogi lol

Edited by Vilander

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Look how he disassociates with something inherent to our religion and is calling it universal to all mankind. This is how misappropriation happens, our civilizational thoughts are digested to something different and originality is lost in practice. This is what happened to yoga, Ayurveda etc. This is reason I don’t trust him and other universal gurus. These new age hippie followers  don’t think religion is cool, but this mumbo- jumbo talk of cosmos, energy and universal mankind crap is cool for them.

now, you could be disappointed on, how he is not able to say why mahashivrathri is specifically advantageous to us or what proof he has of the energy flow and upright etc thats just bluff. Is there any scientific experiment behind it ?  those are valid questions. 

But you cant be angry with him since he said, simply saying that ' one believes in God' is equally ignorant as saying 'one does not'. 

the teenager or the child in question is not able to clarify 'who is a millennial ' she is not able to coherently think about a query in her mind and she has muddled thinking on identity and is making sweeping generalizations ' people my age' 'they do not believe in religion' apparently...thats a child

He tutored her in critical thinking. Its just logic. and here you are judging him on his lack of alacrity in accepting a specific religious belief ? its exactly what he is trying to disparage. lol

The guy is SPNR man. you seem to have got him all wrong.

Edited by Vilander

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

This is how misappropriation happens, our civilizational thoughts are digested to something different and originality is lost in practice. This is what happened to yoga, Ayurveda etc

Hinduism does not believe in proselytizing. Any appropriation of Hinduism is good appropriation as deemed fit for the one appropriating it.  

I don't give much attention to Sadhguru, Sri Sri etc. just like I don't visit these modern looking ISKCON temples and centres that have sprung up everywhere, including one which is 10 minutes walk from my residence....I prefer to do my own reading and would rather visit a nearby centuries old Mariamman temple for peace of mind. Old school guy when it comes to these things. But they play an important role in attracting the younger generation esp in urban areas who otherwise are cut off from their dharmic roots. Also the cultural Hindus who might be more tempted to try out something which presented a bit differently. Religion in Hindu households has become uncool for the younger generation, what these Sadhguru types do is disseminate similar knowledge in a way more in tune with their wavelength, arouse their curiosity etc. It has become a fashion to bash these babas/gurus, sure if they indulge in malpractices condemn them but just because some liberandus have an agenda don't get carried away. 

I can make sense and appreciate both sides of the appropriation argument. Interesting arguments, need to delve deeper because I can't pick a side here. 

Edited by Gollum

55 minutes ago, Vilander said:

oh so you judge he is fake based on his accent OK.  

Just a personal preference. Yes, it seems shallow.

And where did you see him giving gyan to young unwilling people to live life as a yogi ? 

It seems hypocritical that he is making bramhacharya titles to kids who are inspired (read brainwashed) to beome lifelong monks.

while he and his daughter lives the life of a samsaari (family man). That is some coercsion. Usually those who make others monks, live the life as one. Hence his gyaan is fake.

did you even see any of his video ? His foundation do all the digital media marketing tricks but where is the guy coming across as fake for asking young to be yogi lol

Not in videos, but I have heard from people who lived there or who have sent their kids in his schoo.

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

now, you could be disappointed on, how he is not able to say why mahashivrathri is specifically advantageous to us or what proof he has of the energy flow and upright etc thats just bluff. Is there any scientific experiment behind it ?  those are valid questions. 

Not only this knowledge of energy emanating on Mahashivrathri, but telling it is not religious festival, quite contrary to the worship of Shiva on this day is a special religious day . It is like celebrate Dec 25 not because Jesus was born that day, but due to some weird force that eminated from the cosmos to send energy into earth’s atmosphere .

But you cant be angry with him since he said, simply saying that ' one believes in God' is equally ignorant as saying 'one does not'. 

I get it , not angry about this, he is talking about dogma restricting our thought process.

the teenager or the child in question is not able to clarify 'who is a millennial ' she is not able to coherently think about a query in her mind and she has muddled thinking on identity and is making sweeping generalizations ' people my age' 'they do not believe in religion' apparently...thats a child

He tutored her in critical thinking. Its just logic. and here you are judging him on his lack of alacrity in accepting a specific religious belief ? its exactly what he is trying to disparage. lol

Not only bring unclear, he is imparting wrong knowledge on your impressions minds .

The guy is SPNR man. you seem to have got him all wrong.

What is SPNR?

58 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Hinduism does not believe in proselytizing. Any appropriation of Hinduism is good appropriation as deemed fit for the one appropriating it.  

You don’t understand, yoga is now universal and not connected to Hinduism at all. There is Christian Yoga, Muslim Yoga now. There will be American patents for yoga, veda etc calling it unique and invented by the west. Some of his wisdom on not eating food during lunar eclipse is very funny. His proof in this video is as comical at Nityananda levels

19 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

here is Christian Yoga, Muslim Yoga now. There will be American patents for yoga, veda etc calling it unique and invented by the west.

India can only prevent it where its writ can be enforced. But this is a common problem in american patents, Neem was also attempted to be patneted like this. 

Guys all i am saying is this.

the hallmark of great religion is in its inclusiveness and intent to revise and correct itself. Hinduism has always been in the forefront of religious reforms. Christianity did it so did Hinduism, this is one of the offshoots of the same phenomenon.