Match thread : India vs Australia 3rd ODI , Bengaluru

5 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Travis head is another guy.  he bowls as well and from what I have seen he is as good as this agar.

is he injured @Fool

I cant say for certain where that discussion is right now. But from "speculation" amongst people i know who have good contacts aswell. Its either head or carey in that spot atm. And carey is the "preferred" choice. And i do agree with that.

Does that mean i can't see a spot for head in the team aswell.... no. But thats not my call is it. Haha.

To be honest though. A few years ago, i believed that spot was going to be sam whitemans, he had an unfortunate injury at a bad time. And is only just getting back now. And is now nowhere near the list of preffered options, despite him being a capable keeper who can bat up the order, where we were struggling at the time. But are not atm.

Even for the BBL teams he cant get in over inglis. Who is also looking good. Watch him over the next 12 months. Reminds me of Brendan mccullum with how he bats. And is a decent keeper with solid technique (as a keeper)

1 minute ago, Fool said:

I cant say for certain where that discussion is right now. But from "speculation" amongst people i know who have good contacts aswell. Its either head or carey in that spot atm. And carey is the "preferred" choice. And i do agree with that.

Does that mean i can't see a spot for head in the team aswell.... no. But thats not my call is it. Haha.

To be honest though. A few years ago, i believed that spot was going to be sam whitemans, he had an unfortunate injury at a bad time. And is only just getting back now. And is now nowhere near the list of preffered options, despite him being a capable keeper who can bat up the order, where we were struggling at the time. But are not atm.

Even for the BBL teams he cant get in over inglis. Who is also looking good. Watch him over the next 12 months. Reminds me of Brendan mccullum with how he bats. And is a decent keeper with solid technique (as a keeper)

Carey is a keeper and Head is a batsman who can bowl, how are they competing with each other? Head can clearly replace Turner.

1 minute ago, Global.Baba said:

Carey is a keeper and Head is a batsman who can bowl, how are they competing with each other? Head can clearly replace Turner.

Im not saying i can explain decisions that are being made.

Just telling you what i have heard.

What i have heard may also not be accurate. As i said. I dont get good info anymore.

But the people i have spoken with have said the same thing. Thats the conversation thats being had.

Cmon mate. You honestly cant expect me to give you more info than i am. Im telling you what i know. Not trying to justify that, just what i know.

We have enough backup keepers. Even starc was a keeper all through juniors. But * we would have to be very desperate to do that haha