Is USA the new epicenter of Corona Virus

sarcastic

What do you expect to be the total cases from USA  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What do you expect to be the total cases of Corona in USA at the end of Pandemic

• less than 1 million
    • 1 - 5 million
    • More than 5 million

1 hour ago, Autonomous said:

WHO has just announced that there is no evidence that you cannot be infected again after testing negative from positive. 

Right, if I am to guess, Corona will probably behave like seasonal flu. More likely then not, it will survive in some part of world and will keep coming. But hopefully, next time, people and governments are more informed and prepared to tackle it

2 minutes ago, mishra said:

Right, if I am to guess, Corona will probably behave like seasonal flu. More likely then not, it will survive in some part of world and will keep coming. But hopefully, next time, people and governments are more informed and prepared to tackle it

I think, lethal medicine/treatment and vaccine are important alongside easy testing. 

Currently we have nothing. 

16 hours ago, sandeep said:

what 'performance' are you talking about.  He has been consistently against lockdowns, has allowed mullahs to run wild.   If you have counter-arguments to make, do so on the thread for coronavirus in Pakistan. @Autonomous has been regularly pointing out the glaring flaws in the "selected" PM's government. 

You say you are a Doctor - what is your take of the so-called 'Quarantine' efforts conducted by Imran's 'govt' in Balochistan?  That in itself, and Imran's decision to allow the massive Tabligh gathering when enough was already known about the pandemic, are 2 massive failures.  They cannot be washed away by the usual chanting of "previous govt were corrupt".   At some point, Imran has to do more than talk about previous govts...

I have no problem if people have different views about IK's performance regarding containment of corona virus pandemic. I'm not here to defend IK. Many people have criticized his policies, some have reasons , others just for the sake of it. 

I'm just describing my experience in dealing with his government. The contrast from the previous corrupt governments in Pakistan , particularly Sharif brother's era is very obvious. Its much more transparent now. 

11 hours ago, mishra said:

I thought Remdesvir is being trialled only and not used as treatment. 

I am surprised that there is a Corona task force for Pakistan in USA?

Sorry, may be you Meant something else.

You're right, Remdesvir is being supplied on compassionate basis and also as the part of a study to different hospital. Its not standard of treatment yet and its availability is very limited. The task force I'm talking about is not US government or WHO's task force. Its formed by a large Pakistani-American organization which works with Pakistani government mainly for volunteer/charitable works including health care related issues. 

16 hours ago, sandeep said:

If you are a NJ resident, you probably know that masks were not commonplace until a week or 2 ago - the results are there for all to see.  

Yes, thanks to the poor leadership, led my Murphy. He was sleeping, when woke up, thousands were already dead. 

2 hours ago, First class said:

Yes, thanks to the poor leadership, led my Murphy. He was sleeping, when woke up, thousands were already dead. 

What could he have done differently. Is he not listening to his Medical and scientific advisors? 
Now don’t tell me that he should have had better intelligence about Chinese lieing, when we all know that it was diring Obama years, Chinese Broke the backbone of CIA in China.

5 hours ago, First class said:

I have no problem if people have different views about IK's performance regarding containment of corona virus pandemic. I'm not here to defend IK. Many people have criticized his policies, some have reasons , others just for the sake of it. 

I'm just describing my experience in dealing with his government. The contrast from the previous corrupt governments in Pakistan , particularly Sharif brother's era is very obvious. Its much more transparent now. 

Its much worse than any other era. Doctors are getting sick in massive numbers.

You don't know a thing about Pakistan and those living here

3 hours ago, mishra said:

What could he have done differently. Is he not listening to his Medical and scientific advisors? 
Now don’t tell me that he should have had better intelligence about Chinese lieing, when we all know that it was diring Obama years, Chinese Broke the backbone of CIA in China.

I think with the level of activity and foreign movement in US, there was always the risk

3 hours ago, mishra said:

The shelter in place had to be more strictly enforced. In NJ, my relatives tell me that people were acting like it's business as usual until a few days ago. 

I am in Southwest Virginia. Away from Washington DC. But people are not staying home, unfortunately. 

2 hours ago, kosingh said:

The shelter in place had to be more strictly enforced. In NJ, my relatives tell me that people were acting like it's business as usual until a few days ago. 

I am in Southwest Virginia. Away from Washington DC. But people are not staying home, unfortunately. 

No one is sitting at home. 

Not even in Pakistan, Bangladesh etc.

20 hours ago, Autonomous said:

I think with the level of activity and foreign movement in US, there was always the risk

20 hours ago, kosingh said:

A country where president have to invole Defence Production Act, population has to be grade 1 stupid to not identify who is wrong side.

As I said, WHO lied, Chinese lied, CIA was decimated during OBama years, ie, there was nothing for US to gauge seriousness of this.

I am not sure about Russia influencing last US election , but here, China has allready influence nxt US elections 

4 hours ago, mishra said:

A country where president have to invole Defence Production Act, population has to be grade 1 stupid to not identify who is wrong side.

As I said, WHO lied, Chinese lied, CIA was decimated during OBama years, ie, there was nothing for US to gauge seriousness of this.

I am not sure about Russia influencing last US election , but here, China has allready influence nxt US elections 

One is crazy and other is demented , interesting choice we have for presidential election this year.

4 hours ago, Autonomous said:

Here, they have opened each and everything. 

From mosques to electricians. 

The religious places have been causing problems everywhere...Pakistan, US, Italy, Spain, UK, South Korea, India....