Mumbai during Covid lockdown

sandeep

On 4/6/2020 at 1:04 AM, Stradlater said:

You lived in Goa and never been to Mumbai? 

Even I have visited the place twice. Not sure if I liked it though. Too much of a cultural gap for my liking I guess.I prefer Delhi even though it's dirty as hell and the less we talk about the pollution the better but the women are nice. Also it's closer to my hometown. 

Delhi has a culture? :confused:

6 hours ago, Clarke said:

Here comes the SoBoite. 

Did you know that Thane is a district & not just another station ?

I knew that OKAY.

I once went to Yeoor hills with the BNHS.

I remember crossing an ocean or a river or something :dontknow:

Edited by Mariyam

On 4/5/2020 at 2:34 PM, Stradlater said:

You lived in Goa and never been to Mumbai? 

Even I have visited the place twice. Not sure if I liked it though. Too much of a cultural gap for my liking I guess.I prefer Delhi even though it's dirty as hell and the less we talk about the pollution the better but the women are nice. Also it's closer to my hometown. 

Delhi is dirtier than Mumbai?

On 4/28/2020 at 12:46 PM, ravishingravi said:

Here after long time guys. Hope everyone is fine. SS and Aghadi have screwed things up royally. Time to pull the trigger on this govt after this thing passes. Mumbai has long term cleansing to do after this. BAU will not work.

Nice to have you back.

Well, Uddhav Thackeray faces a constitutional crisis of sorts.

He has been nominated to the legislative council due to a vacancy. He will have to get elected to either of the houses of the state legislature before the 28th of May. However, all elections are postponed because of the Corona pandemic. To add to the fire, the governor has refused to approve the state cabinet's bid nominate Uddhav Thackeray as an MLC from the governors quota.

Crazy situation.

That said, Shiv Sena doesn't need the help of the Aghadi to mess things over. They, in tandem with the BMC has been doing just that since the mid 90s.  Don't know if they will turn Mumbai to Shanghai, but the Shiv Sena overlords of the BMC will be multiple times richer than their Shanghai counterparts.

On 4/28/2020 at 3:52 AM, MechEng said:

Even as a Mumbaikar myself I must agree that Delhiites know how to slow down and smell the roses instead of panicking if they will be able to catch the next local or not.

I think we've had the numerous discussions on Mumbai vs Delhi vis a vis infrastructure and food on ICF. Not going to talk about those aspects.

My experiences (personal as well as anecdotal) lead me to conclude that the typical Delhiite is a loud mouth who tends to over state (brag is a strong word) and is unnecessarily confrontational/pushy. They also tend to be intentionally ambiguous when it comes to work.

On more than one occasion, I've seen Delhi people say something to the tune of "kaam ho jayega" instead of just owning up and saying " mai karoonga/karoongi"

Mumbaikars tend to understate, almost always. Can be very competitive and find great joy in schadenfreude.

^All of this is from a work perspective.

Delhi also is/feels a lot more unsafe. It has to do with the mindset of the people as well as the geography of the city.

PS: Why didn't you tell me that you are from Mumbai? I wouldn't have trolled you all this while.

Edited by Mariyam