Should the government end lockdown?

randomGuy

5 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Yes, lock down is pointless now. Apart from 3-4 states, it should be opened up. Within a month ramp things up. We have to be strategic now in dealing with this. The vulnerable have to be protected. Enforce masks and provide free disposable masks, but get things moving. 

Lol...apart from containment zones

2 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Lol...apart from containment zones

Lol... Yes. because lockdown has to be opened strategical and not on a whim. For instance, in my state of Maharashtra the cases are increasing in % terms every day and not just Mumbai. No sustained flattening happening here. So, apart from green and orange zones, there is no point opening up unless data suggests otherwise.

7 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Lol... Yes. because lockdown has to be opened strategical and not on a whim. For instance, in my state of Maharashtra the cases are increasing in % terms every day and not just Mumbai. No sustained flattening happening here. So, apart from green and orange zones, there is no point opening up unless data suggests otherwise.

Within states also , deaths are happening in small pockets...in Delhi 25-30 reported deaths in last 20-25 days...but cases are more as we are doing more testing being the capital city. It's not at all wise to put all 2 cr population in red, restrict movements for 2 months and more, for less than 1.5 daily deaths...

Edited by randomGuy

5 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Ratio of deaths percentage:

Belgium ratio qatar: 750/5= 150

1. Meaning for every death in qatar there will be 150 deaths in Belgium

2. Reported positive Cases per million being more Qatar than in Belgium. Even then the death ratio is 150:1

Do you know way Belgium counts its death toll vastly different to rest  world  for higher transparency ? like people dying in care homes with and  symptoms  are counted as  COV19 deaths if not tested   while other countries such as Spain, italy , France and even Qatar is not  reporting such   manner so to compare first you do research and put  same criteria and then compare?

22 minutes ago, rising said:

Do you know way Belgium counts its death toll vastly different to rest  world  for higher transparency ? like people dying in care homes with and  symptoms  are counted as  COV19 deaths if not tested   while other countries such as Spain, italy , France and even Qatar is not  reporting such   manner so to compare first you do research and put  same criteria and then compare?

You can take newyork city as well...it has 2200 deaths per million iirc compared to Belgium's 750...I think Spain Italy France UK all also have 500, it doesn't at all change the point I was making.

I will just post  graphs  taken for other forum which form the Newyork  times article it  shows death rate in 2020 vs average death rate of country from 2020 . This are the Scandinavian countries

And I am not saying that either  strategy is good or bad but for Sweeden strategy to work their death rate should be low at end of the year or should be vastly better  economic  position end of the year . I also shows with effective controls like lock down death rates can be kept at minimum although their health care is vastly superior 

image.thumb.png.a35611c5d8693ec9ae1c6e9f08249754.pngInsert other media

1 hour ago, randomGuy said:

You can take newyork city as well...it has 2200 deaths per million iirc compared to Belgium's 750...I think Spain Italy France UK all also have 500, it doesn't at all change the point I was making.

India  April- May is warmest time  like in Maharashtra its going  start  to rain in  June so second half June its going cooler if not be end May so your hear theory doesn't seem to working (even with a lock down)

And about demographics if say without taking other things in contest like  one statistics I put below its  doesn't make difference ?

Japan oldest population in world 667 deaths from 15,663 cases =425 death rate

Niger youngest population in world  45 deaths from 815 cases- =5.52 death rate 

Point I am trying to make here is we should look how are country can deal with how it can effectively deal with because things are vastly different in India then rest of world due it population  and ICU per person capacity  is bad  

I am not against lifting lock down but its should planned with Indian health care mind to deal with it effectively  

6 minutes ago, rising said:

India  April- May is warmest time  like in Maharashtra its going  start  to rain in  June so second half June its going cooler if not be end May so your hear theory doesn't seem to working (even with a lock down)

And about demographics if say without taking other things in contest like  one statistics I put below its  doesn't make difference ?

Japan oldest population in world 667 deaths from 15,663 cases =425 death rate

Niger youngest population in world  45 deaths from 815 cases- =5.52 death rate 

Point I am trying to make here is we should look how are country can deal with how it can effectively deal with because things are vastly different in India then rest of world due it population  and ICU per person capacity  is bad  

I am not against lifting lock down but its should planned with Indian health care mind to deal with it effectively  

When Delhi is saying it is 100% ready, then why should the lockdown remain in non-containmentzone? When Punjab is saying let it's economy work, then why non-containmentzone is locked? This is from 2 months now. There is a limit to everything. People's patience has no end you think? U knowin Delhi 25-30 reported deaths in last 20-25 days...but cases are more as we are doing more testing being the capital city. It's not at all wise to put all 2 cr population in red, restrict movements for 2 months and more, for less than 1.5 daily deaths.

Edited by randomGuy

54 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

When Delhi is saying it is 100% ready, then why should the lockdown remain in non-containmentzone? When Punjab is saying let it's economy work, then why non-containmentzone is locked? This is from 2 months now. There is a limit to everything. People's patience has no end you think? U knowin Delhi 25-30 reported deaths in last 20-25 days...but cases are more as we are doing more testing being the capital city. It's not at all wise to put all 2 cr population in red, restrict movements for 2 months and more, for less than 1.5 daily deaths.

Government  should slowly lift one by one see how it effects in staggered manner 

They should ban mass gathering more than XX number.

They should have clear plan and announce criteria for  going back to lockdown and how to come out so people are aware don't get frustrated atleast there is goal 

They should ban all religious gathering for a while.

They should make sure where its no necessary people WFH or discourage people  from going out

They should indicate if there is still threat lockdown  

I am not expert in the area but I think they need bring some medical experts scientist and economist and plan strategy to get country on track 

Its going very slow process you need know that India is mainly service based economy now  so whats happening in rest of world will effect that sector regardless if we open  and manufacturing sector is based on migrant labors who will scared come back after their experience when cases or still there. so carefully they need open one  . its not like opening up and everything will be back its going to be slow process and recession in most countries is inevitable 

On 5/10/2020 at 2:25 PM, randomGuy said:

Singapore: cases per million : 4000

Deaths per million: 3

Same reason:

Weather

Younger infected population (labourers from India/BD)

You know it's not just about death. Even if you are not dead but once you get infected, virus will still destroy your lung capacity and there is no cure for that. It is even more dangerous for kids who might hacd damaged lungs at a very young age.  It will destroy a whole new generation.

Edited by rkt.india

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

You know it's not just about death. Even if you are not dead but once you get infected, virus will still destroy your lung capacity and there is no cure for that. It is even more dangerous for kids who might hacd damaged lungs at a very young age.  It will destroy a whole new generation.

1. You can't say it is not mainly about the death

2. Youhave to study Sweden , it never shut down schools. There was absolutely zero spread linked to schools.

3. Children are not dying, children are getting mild symptoms if at all(which means no significant lung damage), probably comparable to seasonal illness. Please show proof if you have any, that entire younger generation will have damaged lungs. 1-2 cases don't count.

Edited by randomGuy

I once got depressed in class 7th during summer vacations...I don't think many of us can nearly appreciate the importance of schools for mental health of kids...kids by June end would have had abt 5 months of no school (Exams started in February).. This is absolutely terrible for mental health of children.

Edited by randomGuy

2 hours ago, randomGuy said:

1. You can't say it is not mainly about the death

2. Youhave to study Sweden , it never shut down schools. There was absolutely zero spread linked to schools.

3. Children are not dying, children are getting mild symptoms if at all(which means no significant lung damage), probably comparable to seasonal illness. Please show proof if you have any, that entire younger generation will have damaged lungs. 1-2 cases don't count.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/05/09/health/mysterious-coronavirus-illness-claims-3-children-in-new-york.amp.html

10 hours ago, rkt.india said:

There is no way one can say lung capacity is reduced is reduced for life when we have this infection from 5 months. Also a very large number are asymptomatic and they will hardly have any impact