Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners in IPL 2020

express bowling

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah's economy rate needs to come down. 

41 runs off 4 overs is expensive. 

And the biggest reason is because he is bowling over the wicket to left handers and they are slicing the ball, using the angle, for free runs.

He needs to bowl round the wicket to left handers and attack the off stump. This cuts out the room outside off.

It's Sharjah. Bowlers graveyard.

12 minutes ago, speedheat said:

149kph? 

He makes up speeds. Bumrah's fastest was 146.8 kph rounded off to 147 kph.

P.s -- The IPL app and IPLT20.com website usually show all speeds as 0.1 kph higher than the ones shown on TV and they are showing 146.9 kph as the quickest ball.

Edited by express bowling

Very economical opening spell by Chahar although no wickets. He bowled in good areas and showed what targeting the top of off stump, ball after ball, does. 

I want all our Indian pacers to do the same thing.

But I want to see Chahar bowl 2 overs at the death too in most matches. Want to see how his death bowling skill is.

Edited by express bowling

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Very economical opening spell by Chahar although no wickets. He bowled in good areas and showed what targeting the top of off stump ball after ball does. 

But I want to see Chahar bowl 2 overs at the death too in most matches. Want to see how his death bowling skill is.

There is no substitute of good line and length even if you have pace, your target should be hitting top of off.

8 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Very economical opening spell by Chahar although no wickets. He bowled in good areas and showed what targeting the top of off stump ball after ball does. 

his death bowling has gone unnoticed , for me chahar is a must in t20 side . 

8/10 times he ll get a wkts in initial spell, keeps it tight and underrated in death 

KxhrR-bowling-strike-rates-in-death-over

Krunal Pandya (7.57), R Ashwin (7.77), Mustafizzur Rehman (7.87), and Deepak Chahar (7.93) are the only bowlers with an economy below 8.

sg22M-dot-vs-non-boundary-balls-in-death

u1yJ9-bowlers-with-positive-impact-strik

Deepak Chahar is miles ahead of anyone else who have frequently bowled in the last three overs. He is ahead of the second placed Mitchel Johnson by almost 5 points.

x5pTP-top-25-bowlers-with-highest-impact

• Chris Morris, Deepak Chahar, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Mohammed Shami, Lasith Malinga, Navdeep Saini and Kagiso Rabada have been quite impressive in the last 3 overs. Malinga’s numbers in overs get better in overs 18-20 as compared to overs 16-17, indicating how crucial a man he is under pressure.

IwY1e-true-economy-vs-true-strike-rate-i

Link - https://the-cricket-analyst.com/2020/05/31/best-death-bowlers-in-ipl-in-recent-years-a-statistical-case-study/

he is surely been doing something right and is very consistent