Who should be the most hated player in the IPL?

BacktoCricaddict

Who should be the most hated player in the IPL?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who should be the most hated player in the IPL?

• Steve Smith
    • SPD Smith

Inspired by this thread: 

We seem to love to hate a bunch of Indian players, for whatever reasons.  But, regardless of their competency, every one of them is an honest cricketer just thriving on past laurels. 

Truly, though, shouldn't we reserve our hate only for those who are worthy of hate?  The cheats?  The brainfades?  Choose one from the list provided and rub it in, with or without the sandpaper.   

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

Smith is comparatively an honest guy, took the fall. Had it been an Indian cricketer he would have found a way to lie, subvert the system, become MP and then one day head a cricket association. Unless Mudgal report names are made public we should lie low about the honesty part. Pretty sure some of the names mentioned there are playing today's match, in fact right now in the thick of action. 

Edited by Gollum

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Smith is comparatively an honest guy, took the fall. Had it been an Indian cricketer he would have found a way to lie, subvert the system, become MP and then one day head a cricket association. Unless Mudgal report names are made public we should lie low about the honesty part. Pretty sure some of the names mentioned there are playing today's match, in fact right now in the thick of action. 

Evidence was clear in SPDS's case.  Not just with the sandpaper, but the brainfade incident too. 

When the evidence comes out against these other guys, I will change my mind about them.  Because, based on what I know now, I can't point fingers at any individual.   Innocent until proven guilty. 

Just now, BacktoCricaddict said:

Evidence was clear in SPDS's case.  Not just with the sandpaper, but the brainfade incident too. 

When the evidence comes out against these other guys, I will change my mind about them.  Because, based on what I know now, I can't point fingers at any individual.   Innocent until proven guilty. 

Well we had Azhar's case...now he runs HCA.

Nothing conclusive about sandpapergate. So Smith knew but none of the bowlers were involved, those who actually touched and felt the ball for max time. Warner was the main culprit and surely the 'leadership group' wasn't just 3 members strong. 

Edited by Gollum

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Nothing conclusive about sandpapergate. So Smith knew but none of the bowlers were involved, those who actually touched and felt the ball for max time. Warner was the main culprit and surely the leadership group wasn't just 3 members. 

Smith was found to have known of the plan but failed to take steps to prevent it, told Bancroft to conceal the sandpaper in his trousers, misled match officials and others regarding Bancroft's attempts to artificially alter the condition of the ball, and made misleading public comments regarding the nature, extent and participants of the plan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Australian_ball-tampering_scandal#Cricket_Australia_investigation

For brainfade alone, we must all hate on him.  Great cricketer, total kameena. 

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

Just now, BacktoCricaddict said:

Sure, I hate him.  But he is not in the IPL.  

Smith served the sentence, one year ban. Many ball tamperers (used knives, bottle caps etc) in the past escaped scot-free. In my mind he started on a clean slate the day that ban ended. Glad he is in IPL. 

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Smith served the sentence, one year ban. Many ball tamperers (used knives, bottle caps etc) in the past escaped scot-free. In my mind he started on a clean slate the day that ban ended. Glad he is in IPL. 

ICC just recommended 5 match ban. CA made it one year. Somehow can’t make myself to hate him.

22 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

ICC just recommended 5 match ban. CA made it one year. Somehow can’t make myself to hate him.

Tried to fooled us once (brainfade), shame on him. 

We believe in 2nd chances.  He got a 2nd chance. 

Tried to fool us again (sandpapergate), shame on us.

Now he has a 3rd chance.  Hate-worthy.  

Looks like Indian fans are more forgiving of phoren fellows relative to their own guys.  Guys like Unadkat, Chawla etc. don't deserve hate.  They are honest triers with limited talent, who are making the most of the opportunities given to them by their franchises. 

SPDS is a straight-up conman.  Not falling for it.