Cultural event in December

I6MTW

Hi, So I am temporarily taking up a small sales job/gig, It's somewhat like an internship. I'll get paid for each person who signs up for this event. the cost is 500 rs/session or 9$/session to attend.

I'll get 1/4th of the total sales revenue. If you are interested check it out. the stories are nice, it is about various people from different countries, sharing their culture and experiences.

"15 countries. 15 storytellers. 900 minutes of wisdom.
This December, engage with educators helping you shape your imagination of people from other lands, and not limit it.
This is learning beyond books & the internet. Talk to these fabulous people, raise questions and seek answers. 
Culture, places, people, aspirations & food - everything you ever wanted to know. "

Visit:

https://wanderlandnow.com/

#decemberdiaries

If any of you guys are interested and registered let me know. I make 1/4th of each sale I introduce. 

9 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

What political ideology does wanderlannow prescribe to? It seems to be left leaning, anti-conservative from the outset. I don't want to sign up and hear some preaching about how regressive conservative values are.

I really don't have the slightest idea lol. The organisantion didn't specify if it was left or right. :phehe:

From what I could make out it's just an event where people share their experiences and culture. That's all the Information I have. I don't think it's following any political ideology. It's just like a virtual cultural fair.

If you are interested then register and find out. And let me know if you have registered. 

I have yet to make a sale so far. It's just a temporary gig before I get an internship.  I already have a job but they will call me on board only sometime next year. So just for the money and some potential experience on paper, I'm doing this. I get paid 1/4th of each registration I bring. 

So if you are potentially interested then maybe help me out? 

Edited by I6MTW

53 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Will do tomorrow, certainly.

Okay thanks. Let me know once you have done so. 

And if anyone else is interested and want to register, please let me now if you have, because I need the details of those who have registered, in order to get paid. 

Edited by I6MTW

site looks dodgy to me. its basically a single page application (SPA) in IT terms which means something that was done quickly. you can do a SPA in a single day and have it online. its as easy as that. and even the payment options are handled by another organization such as paypal. why would you need paypal to pay the price. also why are they targetting only US/UK/Singapore and India. shouldnt it be available to the entire world. I also used the "contact us" option with random username and email address (dont use a valid address) and some jibby jabba as the question and hit send. it just put a tick mark on send. thats it. no info on your question has been sent or anything like that. also it has "terms of service" and "privacy policy" underneath which doesnt show what its supposed to show. it goes back to the top. Don't fall for this. OP you need to stop posting your salesjob on this site. I dont think this site can be used to promote sales. @sandeep cant believe you clicked like to this without checking and you censored me for posting a trivial thing

wan.png

30 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

site looks dodgy to me. its basically a single page application (SPA) in IT terms which means something that was done quickly. you can do a SPA in a single day and have it online. its as easy as that. and even the payment options are handled by another organization such as paypal. why would you need paypal to pay the price. also why are they targetting only US/UK/Singapore and India. shouldnt it be available to the entire world. I also used the "contact us" option with random username and email address (dont use a valid address) and some jibby jabba as the question and hit send. it just put a tick mark on send. thats it. no info on your question has been sent or anything like that. also it has "terms of service" and "privacy policy" underneath which doesnt show what its supposed to show. it goes back to the top. Don't fall for this. OP you need to stop posting your salesjob on this site. I dont think this site can be used to promote sales. @sandeep cant believe you clicked like to this without checking and you censored me for posting a trivial thing

wan.png

See, I had taken this gig/job a few days ago. It seemed genuine. I was sent a few videos of the country nationals who were going to present in December. I couldn't post the videos here because the size exceeded 1 mb.

Anyway as for why I advertised here, I was just attempting at advertising beyond my regular group of contacts and I've seen ads being posted by members on the forums before.  This is not a full time job for me, it was a temporary gig until I find another job related to IT or the company who hired me ,calls me.

So if you guys are skeptical/not certain about the site, then I would advise you to not register. I agree the site is too amateurish. So, obviously I will not be aware entirely of what happens.

But if you guys still want to  try it out then let me know if you have registered. 

2 hours ago, I6MTW said:

See, I had taken this gig/job a few days ago. It seemed genuine. I was sent a few videos of the country nationals who were going to present in December. I couldn't post the videos here because the size exceeded 1 mb.

Anyway as for why I advertised here, I was just attempting at advertising beyond my regular group of contacts and I've seen ads being posted by members on the forums before.  This is not a full time job for me, it was a temporary gig until I find another job related to IT or the company who hired me ,calls me.

So if you guys are skeptical/not certain about the site, then I would advise you to not register. I agree the site is too amateurish. So, obviously I will not be aware entirely of what happens.

But if you guys still want to  try it out then let me know if you have registered. 

who sent you the videos and who contacted you for the part time job

7 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

who sent you the videos and who contacted you for the part time job

Well, a cousin of mine forwarded a post from Facebook regarding internships. I checked it out and they said they don't deal in IT right now, the guy said there is a job, not necessarily a job but a gig, you have to land sales for a particular event.  No profit from our side , 1/4th of each sale revenue will go to you, and the rest to the organisers. They said they don't make any profit from this because it's not what they normally do, they are an edutech startup. And for proper internships they said they might have openings after a few months. So they aren't actually a sales company they said, they aren't involved in this, for each sale I land 1/4th will be mine, and the rest to the organisers. Now, there is no way of knowing if that is true or not, whether they are making profit or if it actually goes to organisers and not them. They said originally the ad was posted on LinkedIn first and then FB,  and 100s of resumes were sent to them on LinkedIn etc. 

Like I said, this isn't my field, its just something I'm doing temporarily till I find something else or join Infosys. 

3 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

. @sandeep cant believe you clicked like to this without checking and you censored me for posting a trivial thing

Just trying to be supportive to a forum member, is all.  It isn't as if OP is some shady new member.  The guy has been around forever.  

Its great you checked it out, and it does seem like a silly ponzi scheme type thing. But that's for OP to sort out. 

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

Just trying to be supportive to a forum member, is all.  It isn't as if OP is some shady new member.  The guy has been around forever.  

Its great you checked it out, and it does seem like a silly ponzi scheme type thing. But that's for OP to sort out. 

Yeah I checked it out. its probably not a ponzi scheme but is one poorly constructed website probably on a hurry. but the onus on whoever that goes for it is only on them. i'm not in for it not just because of the website but also because im sick of hearing people's stories, culture, yada yada. it makes me :yawn2:

So there is a conversation between me and the guy, I was raising the issues, which were specified in this thread. Most of them were properly explained. If anyone is interested but still not sure if it's genuine or not then you can pm me and I'll share screenshots of the conversation I had.