Those criticising Surayakumar’s exclusion from India squad should also tell who to keep out: Devang Gandhi

19 minutes ago, maniac said:

Dont tell me what you wish for but seriously if you had to put money there?

Now here is the question -

• Rohit slow starter
  • Rahul gets slow in middle over
  • Kohli slow in middle overs
  • Iyer slow starter
  • jadeja internatinal t20 s/r is around 120 

its a 20 over game, as u can calculate how much those guys have consumed already now who do u want to come in sky or manish ?

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Iyer problem is hard length n quick spin, seam n swing

Rayudu - pace , bounce, swing , seam 

Jadhav - hard length 

DK - temperament and now Leg spin 

Manish problem is spin, seam n swing

u gotta see what team needs, t20 side needs quicki scorer which is where sky goes ahead . One among iyer or manish shud play not both

if you are saying SKY has all this covered, then he should be in the test squad in Australia to counter the 3 quicks and Lyon instead of asking him to play T20’s lol.

Playing and performing in first  class is not just about bashing domestic trundlers. It also means you have great temperament, Patience, willingness to grind and the same intensity regardless of the stakes.

Just now, maniac said:

if you are saying SKY has all this covered, then he should be in the test squad in Australia to counter the 3 quicks and Lyon instead of asking him to play T20’s lol.

i never said he has all covered , apne khudh ka hi imagination

but what exactly are areas of concern we can only see once he faces better atatcks

Just now, maniac said:

Playing and performing in first  class is not just about bashing domestic trundlers. It also means you have great temperament, Patience, willingness to grind and the same intensity regardless of the stakes.

and what do u want say with that ?

@maniac- u think england are foolish that they have dropped tecnically sound guy like Root when they have far more better s/r batsman .

U think WI cant play darren bravo then adding fabien allen, pierre, keemo paul when they also have pollard n russell 

Why do u think Aus is looking at daniel sams ?

These are top sides who knws u needs high s/r batsman in t20s n utility players

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
31 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Now here is the question -

• Rohit slow starter
  • Rahul gets slow in middle over
  • Kohli slow in middle overs
  • Iyer slow starter
  • jadeja internatinal t20 s/r is around 120 

its a 20 over game, as u can calculate how much those guys have consumed already now who do u want to come in sky or manish ?

I understand having both Iyer and Manish will not work in our T20 XI and hence I am vying Samson at no.5.

He will never get a permanent spot in top order because of Rahul, Rohit and Dhawan. He batted at 4 with Stokes in that 190 chase vs MI. Give him three games at no 5, if it doesn't work, we can pick SKY at no.5 next series but if it works then play Samson at 5 and Pandya at 6. It will give us two explosive M.O batsmen.

Edited by Majestic
12 minutes ago, Majestic said:

I understand having both Iyer and Manish will not work in our T20 XI and hence I am vying Samson at no.5.

He will never get a permanent spot in top order because of Rahul, Rohit and Dhawan. He batted at 4 with Stokes in that 190 chase vs MI. Give him three games at no 5, if it doesn't work, we can pick SKY at no.5 next series but if it works then play Samson at 5 and Pandya at 6. It will give us two explosive M.O batsmen.

Its not that rohit never scored at 4, its what works better

thats the diff when sanju bats at 3 n 4 in IPL, both avg n s/r take a hit . Like rohit he also like ball coming on bat intialy so he can time and a few and then when set he can use the power game. Batting at 5,6 as compare to 1-3 is a diff skill specially when format gets even shorter

No. 3 42 4 9 2 102* 1408 37.05 139.82
No. 4 27 3 1 0 54* 483 20.13 120.75
Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 hour ago, maniac said:

Do you think all domestic sides are still fielding an all trundler attack?

i would request you not to downplay elite domestic side's attacks,even the plate group sides have some sharp pacers these days

You will never get international quality attacks in domestics but gone are the days where international batsmen had to just turn up and walk through the park its not like that anymore

My this post  actually addresses people who still think domestic bowling is all about trundlers and run of the mill spinners,not at all defending Iyer and Pandey

Edited by Suhaan
3 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Do you think all domestic sides are still fielding an all trundler attack?

i would request you not to downplay elite domestic side's attacks,even the plate group sides have some sharp pacers these days

arrey bhai, you didn’t get the context. I am saying domestic performances matter, even if the quality is bad, performing day in day out means you have grit, dedication and temperament and a guy who tops charts need to be respected.

I was talking about how consistent Pandey and Iyer were at this and earned their chances.

6 minutes ago, maniac said:

arrey bhai, you didn’t get the context. I am saying domestic performances matter, even if the quality is bad, performing day in day out means you have grit, dedication and temperament and a guy who tops charts need to be respected.

I was talking about how consistent Pandey and Iyer were at this and earned their chances.

I said quality of attack has improved in domestics that's it

I got what you said,say a Mayank who has done well in internationals as well

These days you will see guys who have done well in domestics have done in internationals(red ball)

As they get tested here itself

Edited by Suhaan
1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

@maniac- u think england are foolish that they have dropped tecnically sound guy like Root when they have far more better s/r batsman .

U think WI cant play darren bravo then adding fabien allen, pierre, keemo paul when they also have pollard n russell 

Why do u think Aus is looking at daniel sams ?

These are top sides who knws u needs high s/r batsman in t20s n utility players

Root will play in WT20. So will Williamson and Smith. Players like that still have a place in the T20 format.

7 minutes ago, maniac said:

Root will play in WT20.

No he wont, they ll go with malan n banton. They have even started looking at salt, livingstone n billings 

So will Williamson and Smith. Players like that still have a place in the T20 format.

both are better t20 players . Also aussies dont have great option in middle for t20 

Williamson is a one of the most underrated t20 batsman in world 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
9 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

I can clearly look at Manish Pandey..  WTH he has done anything special to merit a spot in the squad.   If selectors have issues with Surya's age then Manish is also I guess 31 years old. 

Our selectors are clearly brainless in every aspect.  

See Pandeys last 10 intl matches strike rate and average.. he won us a t20 in nz by batting with tailenders and getting us to a good score with Saini if i remember.. iyer has been excellent in odi s as well as the t20 s he played in nz.. he scored a century in odi in nz..

saale ghajini sab ke sab, the reason u didnt pick him coz a month ago he was even struggling to score against Jason beherndoff on indian pitches in IPL . The reason he was on bench for Wc 2015 coz he was getting beaten of pace from chirs woakes.....yea none of those 2 are express pace. 

Guess they ll never learn

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Its not that rohit never scored at 4, its what works better

thats the diff when sanju bats at 3 n 4 in IPL, both avg n s/r take a hit . Like rohit he also like ball coming on bat intialy so he can time and a few and then when set he can use the power game. Batting at 5,6 as compare to 1-3 is a diff skill specially when format gets even shorter

No. 3 42 4 9 2 102* 1408 37.05 139.82
No. 4 27 3 1 0 54* 483 20.13 120.75

Fair enough. Btw, once everyone is fit, who will management consider as our openers in T20- Rohit and Rahul or Rohit and Dhawan? 

Edited by Majestic
2 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Fair enough. Btw, once everyone is fit, who will management consider as our openers in T20- Rohit and Rahul or Rohit and Dhawan? 

dhawan shudnt be even in our t20 XI if u ask me, but knowing kohli high chance he ll push Rahul down or even himself to 4 . Thus going back to same old problem dhawan-rohit at top in t20 both starting slow sucking momentum out of each other and innings 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

dhawan shudnt be even in our t20 XI if u ask me, but knowing kohli high chance he ll push Rahul down or even himself to 4 . Thus going back to same old problem dhawan-rohit at top in t20 both starting slow sucking momentum out of each other and innings 

Yeah agreed. Most likely it will be the case because Dhawan has scored 600+ runs in this IPL and if he does well in bilateral T20s, they will probably continue with Rohit and Dhawan only at top and Rahul goes down at 4.

5 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Yeah agreed. Most likely it will be the case because Dhawan has scored 600+ runs in this IPL and if he does well in bilateral T20s, they will probably continue with Rohit and Dhawan only at top and Rahul goes down at 4.

dhawan did well last time in Aus t20 so yea he can but this again will harm like in previously in those yrs 

19 hours ago, Serpico said:

Rohit responds to SKY's snub

Rohit also touched upon his IPL leadership and spoke about the freedom he gives his players by letting them evolve as individuals. He cited Suryakumar Yadav’s composure while dealing with India rejection as an example.

“We were sitting in our team room and I could feel he was dejected. But I didn’t go and speak to him. It was he who came up and said, ‘Don’t worry I will get over it and win the matches for MI’

“And when he said that I also realised he is heading in right direction not only in terms of IPL but in his overall career. There are a lot of India games and his time will come.

https://sportstar.thehindu.com/cricket/india-tour-of-australia/india-vs-australia-rohit-sharma-hamstring-injury-ipl-2020-mumbai-indians/article33148325.ece

I wish IPL 

15 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Iyer is the most mediocre of this lot,he just has to issue big talks nothing else

Sometime back when he wasn't on the radar said,it hurts to when you are kept out,it was laughable then ,he looked all at sea against decent quicks to issue such statements with sense of entitlement is so ridiculous coming from a not so special player like him

Iyer is baggage which we are carrying,im afraid he is been projected as future leader,atleast before we had best players been projected as leaders

Iyer is no where near being our best player

Atleast doesn't deserve a go in t20 setup,his odi place too should come under strict scrutiny,he should be at his toes for his place can be grabbed by someone else deserving very much like others who have been under the pump before

Iyer is decent ODI player. He has done a good job grabbing the few opportunities he got. It is T20 where he is lacking. 

9 hours ago, neel roy said:

See Pandeys last 10 intl matches strike rate and average.. he won us a t20 in nz by batting with tailenders and getting us to a good score with Saini if i remember.. iyer has been excellent in odi s as well as the t20 s he played in nz.. he scored a century in odi in nz..

Pandey was/is always going to be mediocre..  Badly exposed in IPL yet again.  That NZ series had no Ferguson Boult..  So he may have scored few soft runs.  Iyer did well though in both ODI & T20 & deserves more chances.  He has age on his side as well.  But Pandey has been around like forever...  It's no secret that SKY is miles ahead of this bloke.  Recent form always matters too.