Those criticising Surayakumar’s exclusion from India squad should also tell who to keep out: Devang Gandhi

10 hours ago, Majestic said:

I understand having both Iyer and Manish will not work in our T20 XI and hence I am vying Samson at no.5.

He will never get a permanent spot in top order because of Rahul, Rohit and Dhawan. He batted at 4 with Stokes in that 190 chase vs MI. Give him three games at no 5, if it doesn't work, we can pick SKY at no.5 next series but if it works then play Samson at 5 and Pandya at 6. It will give us two explosive M.O batsmen.

Well  we will have a new selection committee soon with Agarkar  & most probably Chetan Sharma  with a bit of Guidance from Ganguly :embaressed_smile: , should be expecting a bit sesible 

selections with a longer term view . 

But it should not take 5 years to make a judgement if someone is  good enough for T20.  We have so many others who need to be given chances too .   

1 hour ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Well  we will have a new selection committee soon with Agarkar  & most probably Chetan Sharma  with a bit of Guidance from Ganguly :embaressed_smile: , should be expecting a bit sesible 

selections with a longer term view . 

But it should not take 5 years to make a judgement if someone is  good enough for T20.  We have so many others who need to be given chances too .   

Chetan sharma is another advocate of trundlers and has no idea of modern cricket. Seen his many shows another one in the list who are yet to come out of 80s cricket

2 hours ago, nevada said:

I wish IPL 

Iyer is decent ODI player. He has done a good job grabbing the few opportunities he got. It is T20 where he is lacking. 

Iyer is a decent odi player yes only decent,he doesn't have it in him for t20s simple

Thing is ,it is a threat to see him getting projected as future leader as he is nowhere near as an automatic choice in any format let alone captaincy,his limitations will be seen soon

To play at 4 doesn't have to be limited in range that too against quicks,teams will attack him or he will just try to nudge and cost his team,i saw him hiding behind when RR was too much in recent IPL,we still think staying and anchoring an innings is all about good batting but it has become old school in recent times,where batting lineups have loaded their sides with high SR batsmen till number 6,i think so ,he is not a certainity in loi sides

15 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Chetan sharma is another advocate of trundlers and has no idea of modern cricket. Seen his many shows another one in the list who are yet to come out of 80s cricket

Get this feeling that us regular watchers are far more knowledgeable than erstwhile cricketers.. esp in shorter formats.  we keep upbreast with minutest of changes.. they realize it after a long time. 

Edited by Vk1
14 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

Get this feeling that us regular watchers are far more knowledgeable than erstwhile cricketers.. esp in shorter formats.  we keep upbreast with minutest of changes.. they realize it after a long time. 

Even some of us would have been better cricketers than Gandhi, Sharandeep and Nutt grabber prasad had we tried our luck in cricket.