27 years Ago: Greatest death bowling by an Indian bowler

maniac

3 minutes ago, Serpico said:

Funny how when it comes to any other player, only performances in ICC TOURNAMENT FINALS count rest of their 99.99% career can be thrown out of window, but for Pandu some random fluke against mighty bangladesh can be hailed as a crowing moment of achievement

Look at the tournament contexted in the OP  .... As for ICC finals too 

BOWLING O M R W ECON 0s 4s 6s WD NB
B Kumar 10 2 44 1 4.40 34 2 2 1 0
JJ Bumrah 9 0 68 0 7.55 22 8 0 5 3
R Ashwin 10 0 70 0 7.00 25 4 3 4 0
HH Pandya 10 0 53 1 5.30 28 5 0 1 0
RA Jadeja 8 0 67 0 8.37 16 8 2 0 0
KM Jadhav 3 0 27 1 9.00 3 0 2 2 0

SDP :hatsoff:

14 minutes ago, Sean Bradley said:

So Tendulkar bowling dot balls to Alan Donald is the greatest death bowling by an indian ? Poda Pulle:whack3: 

huh? He also bowled to Richardson and Mcmillian. Also it was a tournament final at home that too in front of a eden gardens crowd against a super strong South African side. I think singlehandedly started the SA choke legacy. 1992 WC was not exactly a choke from them :whack2:

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Im pretty sure Siddhu will join yet another political party and will laugh his lungs out for free if he is given an option to have even 20% of Sachin’s credentials 

Lets get  :focus: Sidhu is obviously a lesser player than Sachin. But when it comes to playing padosis in a knockout game, I trusted his batting more. Ok. He always seemed like a dud against other teams but he turned aggro when it came to the padosis. must be some choice punjabi gaali he must have got and he paid back in return. I vaguely remember him threatening Aamir Sohail probably in the same Sharjah game and Aamir had to back off as he saw the mighty sardar was moving in his direction. There is also a youtube video about Aamir recollecting that incident. Sachin was nervous in the 96 and 99 clash. Sidhu played the 96 match like a champ showing no fear.

Just now, Real McCoy said:

Lets get  :focus: Sidhu is obviously a lesser player than Sachin. But when it comes to playing padosis in a knockout game, I trusted his batting more. Ok. He always seemed like a dud against other teams but he turned aggro when it came to the padosis. must be some choice punjabi gaali he must have got and he paid back in return. I vaguely remember him threatening Aamir Sohail probably in the same Sharjah game and Aamir had to back off as he saw the mighty sardar was moving in his direction. There is also a youtube video about Aamir recollecting that incident. Sachin was nervous in the 96 and 99 clash. Sidhu played the 96 match like a champ showing no fear.

so you remember Sidhu’s innings in some obscure Sharjah match but ignore the fact that Sachin has 3 man of the match awards vs Padosis in WC one including a Semifinal and the other which is constantly rated as one of the greatest WC knocks and another as a 19-20 year old against a team that eventually became world champs :hmmmm2:

If Ind cricketers were footballers:

SDP is like talented players from France 

Sachin, Rohit, etc. are like English Footballers, who you can not expect to do well in major KOs (a write off before the tournament) ....  like a broken clock which tells the time twice will conjure up 1 or 2 innings once in a while after getting multiple opportunities (esp. when matched up with some Asian team or a minnow) :yawn2:

Edited by zen
1 hour ago, zen said:

If Ind cricketers were footballers:

SDP is like talented players from France 

Sachin, Rohit, etc. are like English Footballers, who you can not expect to do well in major KOs (a write off before the tournament) ....  like a broken clock which tells the time twice will conjure up 1 or 2 innings once in a while after getting multiple opportunities (esp. when matched up with some Asian team or a minnow) :yawn2:

Which type of footballer is the original selfish midget? I believe he has an even worse record than Kohli in WC KOs averaging around 10 :hysterical:. Some of his fanbois claim he figured out the format in the 80s. Maybe he needed another decade to "figure out" batting in WC KOs :dontknow:

Personally I can't think of any footballer who had a more embarrassing performance than the notorious 36* (174) in a WC game and was then lucky enough to be a glorified passenger in a WC win for his side.

1 hour ago, maniac said:

so you remember Sidhu’s innings in some obscure Sharjah match but ignore the fact that Sachin has 3 man of the match awards vs Padosis in WC one including a Semifinal and the other which is constantly rated as one of the greatest WC knocks and another as a 19-20 year old against a team that eventually became world champs :hmmmm2:

I remember that match because we didnt have cable but there was interference from neighboring house so I got a blurry star sports connection in my only DD tv. good times I tell you :nice: MoM awards were pretty random. They usually have business interests in mind. We had a huge cricket watching population and Sachin was the fan favorite. So they gave MoM award to Sachin even in losing causes.

But anyway do you recollect any of those matches were he looked comfortable. Only that 98 innings in SA comes to mind. sure he scored a quick 50 in that 92 match but if I recall correctly, it was our bowlers that won the game. 2011 SF knock, 96. 99 were all nervous knocks. in that SF, Sachin turned into a cat @velu He had 5 dropped catches off of him. Some team like Aus would have grabbed the first one and he would be in the pavilion. No wonder he struggled against mcgrath and co.

17 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Which type of footballer is the original selfish midget? I believe he has an even worse record than Kohli in WC KOs averaging around 10 :hysterical:. Some of his fanbois claim he figured out the format in the 80s. Maybe he needed another decade to "figure out" batting in WC KOs :dontknow:

Personally I can't think of any footballer who had a more embarrassing performance than the notorious 36* (174) in a WC game and was then lucky enough to be a glorified passenger in a WC win for his side.

the original selfish midget is an English Footballer too (dumped in the 87 SF, missing a straightforward ball from Defratisus which he would have normally played while sleepwalking) .... I have moved on from these guys a long a time ago (just because these guys are from Ind and pile up stats does not mean everyone has to root for them) .... Atm, would not consider any Ind top order player for a place in a LOI World 11 :dance:

I only rate that midget in tests (and maybe over some of the other mental midgets in LOIs for his performances in the "80s") for his ability to play both pace and spin 

5 minutes ago, zen said:

the original selfish midget is an English Footballer too (dumped in the 87 SF, missing a straightforward ball from Defratisus which he would have normally played while sleepwalking) .... I have moved on from these guys a long a time ago (just because these guys are from Ind and pile up stats does not mean everyone has to root for them) .... Atm, would not consider any Ind top order player for a place in a LOI World 11 :dance:

I only rate that midget in tests (and maybe over some of the other mental midgets in LOIs for his performances in the "80s") for his ability to play both pace and spin 

What happened to his "ability" from 82-87 in Tests where he failed to score a single 50 in a match-winning cause against non-minnows of that time? That's like 1/3rd of his career in Tests as an English footballer :((

1 minute ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

What happened to his "ability" from 82-87 in Tests where he failed to score a single 50 in a match-winning cause against non-minnows of that time? That's like 1/3rd of his career in Tests as an English footballer :((

relatively still better than the ones he is being compared to  :((

Just now, zen said:

That is just 3 tests (1 in 84 & 2 in 86) v Eng .... In other years Link  :(( 

That's six years of his career (a sample of 46 Tests) without a match-winning 50+ score against non-minnows :((. The handful of Tests we won in this period were thanks to the likes of Vengsarkar,  Shastri, Amarnath and Kirmani. aTg oPEneR was busy stat-padding without any impact :((.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

That's six years of his career (a sample of 46 Tests) without a match-winning 50+ score against non-minnows :((. The handful of Tests we won in this period were thanks to the likes of Vengsarkar,  Shastri, Amarnath and Kirmani. aTg oPEneR was busy stat-padding without any impact :((.

unfortunately, relatively still better though :((

12 minutes ago, zen said:

unfortunately, relatively still better though :((

Better than anyone when it comes to drearily accumulating runs (with the kind of batting style that emptied grounds unless you're a partisan fan) with low impact, yes. No wonder some of his fans feel the need to overcompensate by cheerleading sloggers like Pandya :winky:.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Better than anyone when it comes to drearily accumulating runs (with the kind of batting style that emptied grounds unless you're a partisan fan) with low impact, yes. No wonder some of his fans feel the need to overcompensate by cheerleading sloggers like Pandya :winky:.

Tests matches have 3 results for those who know the game :winky: