'Delhi Chalo' movement/farmers protest

speedheat

3 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

By doing all this Tanashahi, this govt is making more people realize about their true intentions...in a way it is good, won't be surprised if more stupid moves are done by this Chor party...good to see that they're digging their own grave :top:

The whole issue is fainess.

Farmers are doing a great favor to the nation. They are keeping it from becoming a oligarchy.

They are the true patriots.

4 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Brilliant move by Tomar today. Farming in Punjab is going nowhere anyway. Put a pause on implementation squeeze on MSP and bring them back to the table. I like this move. 

So you like every move that tricks a farmer?

And that is the problem. It should be about fairness not smoke and mirrors.

4 hours ago, Ranvir said:

https://caravanmagazine.in/vantage/did-sikhs-squads-participate-organised-attempt-cleanse-east-punjab-during-partition

Here a Pakistani talks about the havoc Sikhs wreaked on Punjabi Muslims.

They suffered much more violence and lost even more land and property. They were in really high numbers in places like Amritsar (almost 50%) and Jalandhar, so imagine the amount of property they lost. A lot more of them found themselves on the wrong side of the border and we sent them packing, none of this Hindu Muslim bhai bhai stuff.

Sikhs were never in that high numbers in what is today's Pakistani Punjab compared to the numbers Muslims were in Indian Punjab. The fact of the matter is that Sikhs got rid of the muslim problem in Indian Punjab and they were on their way of getting rid of all Muslims in Delhi as well until Patel stopped them. If Hindus had done the same there would be no need for the likes of leaders like Modi and the Country would be more developed with fewer religious tensions.

Partition was overall good for Sikhs, it gave us a place where we were the majority, got rid of that curly Urdu script and replaced it with our Gurmukhi Punjabi script. 

Although, you are quoting a commie rag like caravan, I agree there is no equivalent M problem in Punjab compared to WB. You say it is because of Sikh valor, fine, I said it is because of the way partition was resolved (because of MKG) at the border. it was inevitable. I still feel Pak got more river share and fertile land share from India at that time. 

But , you totally ignored the second point, where you said you don't have anything common with south and east of Delhi! So, you are ok with that but don't mind the taxpayers for funding the lion share of MSP to P&H farmers? That is the main reason why agri flourished in Punjab in the 1970s till now. 

Edited by coffee_rules

14 minutes ago, Khota said:

So you like every move that tricks a farmer?

And that is the problem. It should be about fairness not smoke and mirrors.

It’s not about farmers. You are dealing with genuinely worried people whose movement has been hijacked by political opportunists.

So, there will no discussion on farm bills anyway. It will be political debate. It’s better to take out opportunists and connect directly with people over time. 

Risk is of being perceived weak. Which is fine for now. But these are necessary reforms for farmers in Punjab who are anyway in decline. 

7 hours ago, Ranvir said:

Yes keep on sending money back to India, its all funding the mansions of BJP politicians.

You really should check yourself into a mental hospital as soon as possible. Why would Sikhs vote for a Hindu party like the BJP and likewise why would Hindus vote for a Sikh party like Akali Dal. That's why they need to form a coalition. You have as much brains as the chai wala himself.

Look at how you guys venerate Godse, the man who killed the 'father of the nation' Gandhi.

Hindus and Sikhs are one and same

7 hours ago, Khota said:

It is being pragmatic. If farmers are putting in 60 hour work week and making 10,000 rs pm there has to be some fairness in the society.

My question is, despite having subsidies, why are the farmers making 10K , considering the previous fame law is perfect according to you.

Edited by urbestfriend

24 minutes ago, urbestfriend said:

My question is, despite having subsidies, why are the farmers making 10K , considering the previous fame law is perfect according to you.

The math and other claims on this thread present quite a convoluted picture. The link below says Rs. 1.73 lakh is the avg subsidy per farmer in Punjab. So does the farmer with their own land holding (as claimed here) actually lose money on the basis of 60-80 hrs of hard work every week since they're making 10k per month (as claimed here) and thus all the hard work results in them owing 4-5k per month if not for the 14-15k per month subsidy on avg ?

Quite some job this, you work so damn hard so that you can pay money for doing that work!

39 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

Edited by Clarke

7 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

It’s not about farmers. You are dealing with genuinely worried people whose movement has been hijacked by political opportunists.

So, there will no discussion on farm bills anyway. It will be political debate. It’s better to take out opportunists and connect directly with people over time. 

Risk is of being perceived weak. Which is fine for now. But these are necessary reforms for farmers in Punjab who are anyway in decline. 

Being perceived weak if you negotiate is wrong. I will think of Modi as a stronger leader if he negotiates with farmers. I think the system requires fairness when none exists.

But farmers do need to adapt also. This will not sustain.

2 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Guys pls don't turn this thread into Sikhs vs hindus. Lets debate on the topic in hand.

This. I wish you had stepped in earlier because some people have hijacked an economic issue into religious. There is no problem with sikh and hindu but this is a genuine economic issue.

Kindly keep on monitoring and delete with warnings if someone oversteps.

But please do not ban anyone as everyone is a good poster here.

Thanks.

7 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

So Jan 26th is about party and not about the nation. You are making your intentions very clear. 

It is about the plight of downtrodden farmers who are commiting suicide by the day.

nation is strong when poor farmers are strong.

8 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Although, you are quoting a commie rag like caravan, I agree there is no equivalent M problem in Punjab compared to WB. You say it is because of Sikh valor, fine, I said it is because of the way partition was resolved (because of MKG) at the border. it was inevitable. I still feel Pak got more river share and fertile land share from India at that time. 

But , you totally ignored the second point, where you said you don't have anything common with south and east of Delhi! So, you are ok with that but don't mind the taxpayers for funding the lion share of MSP to P&H farmers? That is the main reason why agri flourished in Punjab in the 1970s till now. 

What Pakistan got was so wrong but blame it on Indian leaders. Kashir was taken by force by them.

They always treated pakistan nicely whereas pakistan meant nothing but ill will towards India. Sikhs do not share the blame for that. Congress party does.

There were only two leaders who understood pakistan properly. One was Indira Gandhi and other is Modi.

3 hours ago, urbestfriend said:

Nothing is perfect but it is lesser of the two evils.

The input cost to grow is so much that the profit margins are shrining.

I do not want to blame BJP or congress but farmers are getting screwed.

India needs to reassess the resources distribution. Why is Air India getting hefty salary and pensions whereas farmers are starving. Same for PSUs. It is about parity.