Whether Sachin's 100 100s record is safe ???

velu

Whether Sachin's 100 100s are safe ???   

11 members have voted

1. 1. Whether Sachin's 100 100s are safe or not

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 12/31/2026 at 05:00 AM

51 test 100s is the only record that matter, ODI batting is a joke these days. Babar Azam has more ODI 100s than GOAT King Viv lmao.

I don't think Kohli has it in him to score 24 more test 100s to match SRT. Smith is the only guy who can do that despite that one year ban....missed 5-6 easy 100s in that period. Smith breaking SRT's 100 records will be well deserved but I am more interested in him retiring with his avg in the 65-70 range. 

Kohli at his peak will always better in carrying the team.In odis it is not even a contest, Kohli is 100 times better than Sachin ever was in his peak. Sachin in tests was much more consistent without ever being series game changer.Kohli has completely disappeared in some of test series.That is a big blot in Kohli's career .

Kohli has been saddled with one of the worst batting units, where as Sachin was batting with India's best batting unit for last 15 years of his career.Sachin did well in world cup league phases. 

100 centuries record is a useless one if Kohli hangs on like Sachin just to get that record.

Who cares,100 100s across formats doesnt even feel like a record anymore especially when the guy was chasing it huffing and puffing till he reaches 40. Series were arranged for him against weaker opponents just so that he could make this record. Now when I look back, It feels like when my late grandmother who was almost 95 and bedridden for 5 years before her death, everyone was literally wishing for her passing rather than survival in the last couple of years. God's record evokes a similar feeling, people wanted him to get it done with and hang his boots. 

Edited by Sean Bradley
18 minutes ago, Gollum said:

51 test 100s is the only record that matter, ODI batting is a joke these days. Babar Azam has more ODI 100s than GOAT King Viv lmao.

I don't think Kohli has it in him to score 24 more test 100s to match SRT. Smith is the only guy who can do that despite that one year ban....missed 5-6 easy 100s in that period. Smith breaking SRT's 100 records will be well deserved but I am more interested in him retiring with his avg in the 65-70 range. 

To be fair other people scored more than 11 centuries even in Viv's era. Desmond Heynes scored 17 centures but very few people consider him an odi GOAT or better than richards. Viv's USP is his strike rate for his era.. 90 SR in 80s combined with 50 avg puts him in stratosphere in his era.. thats like 60+ avg and 120+ SR in this era and no one is even close to that

100s is Sachin's usp.. sure its not a guarantee sign of quality but those 100s combined with his pretty good SR and multiple world cup and other tourney performances makes him ATG. Kohli is his closest successor with similar hunger for 100s although his WC record could have been slightly better, getting 50 centuries will definitely put him there I think. Babar still got long way to go before he warrants a comparison in this regard

Edited by Serpico
2 hours ago, nevada said:

"If he is at say 97-98 centuries at 39 years of age, he might decide to extend his career few more months just to get the 100th one" 

I sincerely hope it doesn't come to that. I have no problem if he rediscovers his most productive form again with 7-8 centuries a year and gets the record over the next 4 years itself. Playing just for the record will be torture for fans and a nuisance for the team. I wish Sachin had quit at 99 instead of playing purely for the century in the end stages. 99 would have had Don Bradman's 99.94 like special aura. Instead of that, he got to 100 with that crap innings.

This. Anyway 100 centuries is a made up stat. The other day a commentator said Kohli has crossed 18000 international runs. I was like what. Then it registered that he is combining all three formats into one stat :facepalm:What we don't need is another way to push up our "superstars" with meaningless stats. Regarding Sachin, he should have given up his ODI career on a high with winning the WC and finished his test match career with the tour to Aus. Remember, the fracas between Dhoni and Gambhir was due to Dhoni rotating the three openers in every game in the Aus triseries. It was all because of Sachin deciding to play the ODI series to do waht - Get a century off course. He didn't play the ODI in the Eng tour but all of a sudden he was available in the triseries which we failed to make the finals. Also as you said 99 centuries will give that special aura of Bradman getting so close to the 100 average but failed at the last moment.