Whether Sachin's 100 100s record is safe ???

velu

Whether Sachin's 100 100s are safe ???   

11 members have voted

1. 1. Whether Sachin's 100 100s are safe or not

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 12/31/2026 at 05:00 AM

19 minutes ago, Serpico said:

Anything is a record if enough people care about it

Who are these ppl who care about such things? Do they have experience with understanding records? Is a trivia item being confused as something else?

Edited by zen
35 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Out of those 100 prob 10 or 11 are matching winning ones. Rest are shameless Tuks Tuks like that BD match. 

Virat > Tendiya anyday

53 out of 100 came if winning cause. (tests 20/51 ODIs 33/49)

Kohli is pretty close. 48 out of 70 in winning cause (tests 13/27 ODIs 35/43)

Kohli already crossed Sachin in ODIs in winning centuries tally. In tests however, it might take him another 5-6 years to overtake Sachin

Records are like a delight for statisticians. But Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar's pedigree goes way beyond that and the stature is such that no Indian cricketer can ever match that.

Kohli or anyone can hit 150 or 200 international centuries but the question is whether he can match the stature of Sachin Tendulkar.

Edited by Majestic
8 minutes ago, zen said:

Who are these ppl who care about such things? Do they have experience with understanding records? Is a trivia item being confused as something else?

Well I haven't conducted any IQ tests for them, but I have seen plenty of fans both online and irl talking about 100 centuries and when virat can realistically achieve those

9 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Records are like a delight for statisticians. But Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar's pedigree goes way beyond that and the stature is such that no Indian cricketer can ever match that.

Kohli or anyone can hit 150 or 200 international centuries but the question is whether he can match the stature of Sachin Tendulkar.

He won't cross 100. Sachin had that wow factor and aura that very few can match. At his peak  'rat was awesome with lot of success chasing but for sheer joy of watching, I prefer Sachin. 

5 minutes ago, nevada said:

He won't cross 100. Sachin had that wow factor and aura that very few can match. At his peak  'rat was awesome with lot of success chasing but for sheer joy of watching, I prefer Sachin. 

I am hoping he does not get to 92 centuries and hangs on after that for years and years to get to 100, with series against UAE and Nepal (both of whom will be promoted just in time to make this happen).    

Assuming Kohli will play ODIs for another  5 yrs, we are looking at ~70 more ODIs. So far he has scored a century per every 5.6 matches.. accounting for declines and any possible batting position changes if it increases to 7.. thats 10-12 more centuries in ODIs. 

In tests he scored one per every 5.3 innings.. and he might continue for another 7 years and might play 60 more tests/100 more innings. thats another 18-19 test centuries

So if he can manage a T20 century somewhere in between he could touch and go the 100th 100. 

And this is taking his regular retirement plans into account.. if he is at say 97-98 centuries at 39 years of age, he might decide to extend his career few more months just to get the 100th one

15 minutes ago, Serpico said:

Assuming Kohli will play ODIs for another  5 yrs, we are looking at ~70 more ODIs. So far he has scored a century per every 5.6 matches.. accounting for declines and any possible batting position changes if it increases to 7.. thats 10-12 more centuries in ODIs. 

In tests he scored one per every 5.3 innings.. and he might continue for another 7 years and might play 60 more tests/100 more innings. thats another 18-19 test centuries

So if he can manage a T20 century somewhere in between he could touch and go the 100th 100. 

And this is taking his regular retirement plans into account.. if he is at say 97-98 centuries at 39 years of age, he might decide to extend his career few more months just to get the 100th one

"If he is at say 97-98 centuries at 39 years of age, he might decide to extend his career few more months just to get the 100th one" 

I sincerely hope it doesn't come to that. I have no problem if he rediscovers his most productive form again with 7-8 centuries a year and gets the record over the next 4 years itself. Playing just for the record will be torture for fans and a nuisance for the team. I wish Sachin had quit at 99 instead of playing purely for the century in the end stages. 99 would have had Don Bradman's 99.94 like special aura. Instead of that, he got to 100 with that crap innings.