TN Elections

coffee_rules

3 hours ago, G_B_ said:

I think DMK will sweep the elections. Degree of sweep depends on how many seats with give their smaller allies. Congress i think they need to give 30. DMK will contest 180 on their symbol and easily cross 150.

IMO BJP and AIADMK need to split. Both have a poor vote transfer situation. AIADMK will perform better with BJP out of the fold. BJP will get to expand footprint rather than being content with 25-30 seats which is the need of the hour.

They keep swapping each other every election almost. Without Jaya, it is tough to beat DMK. As seen in 2019, TN is seen as a model lab for anti-Modiism. So, there will be a  lot of it come April-May. Still TN is doing v well as a state compared to others. DMK/ADMKs work with rich landlords on a caste basis and keep any farmer issues subdued. Industries too work with both parties. 

18 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

They keep swapping each other every election almost. Without Jaya, it is tough to beat DMK. As seen in 2019, TN is seen as a model lab for anti-Modiism. So, there will be a  lot of it come April-May. Still TN is doing v well as a state compared to others. DMK/ADMKs work with rich landlords on a caste basis and keep any farmer issues subdued. Industries too work with both parties. 

Modi is a non-factor in TN, people aren't voting for or against him.  His national policies and decisions are not the election narrative.

It's a bit like Punjab 2017, there is deep anti incumbency against the regional party who have their own leadership issues, thus the default to be winning position of Punab Congress 2017 is with DMK 2021.

10 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

They keep swapping each other every election almost. Without Jaya, it is tough to beat DMK. As seen in 2019, TN is seen as a model lab for anti-Modiism. So, there will be a  lot of it come April-May. Still TN is doing v well as a state compared to others. DMK/ADMKs work with rich landlords on a caste basis and keep any farmer issues subdued.

I remember one time '90 (?) Jaya won >225 out of 235 or so seats.  Next election, DMK won all but 4 or 5 seats.  Craziness. 

7 minutes ago, someone said:

Modi is a non-factor in TN, people aren't voting for or against him.  His national policies and decisions are not the election narrative.

It's a bit like Punjab 2017, there is deep anti incumbency against the regional party who have their own leadership issues, thus the default to be winning position of Punab Congress 2017 is with DMK 2021.

I didn't say he is. But any vote against BJP allies is seen as a big headline in national politics - "big blow to Modi". Even an anti-incumbent one.  Media is inching for a viable opposition, you can't blame BJP for not building a better opposition.  

16 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

I didn't say he is. But any vote against BJP allies is seen as a big headline in national politics - "big blow to Modi". Even an anti-incumbent one.  Media is inching for a viable opposition, you can't blame BJP for not building a better opposition.  

Media is inching for anarchy. They have given up on elections, as the various opposition state governments and dynast leaders are doing nothing and a big zero.

5 hours ago, someone said:

Never understood how DMK gets any Hindu votes. Their main leader ridiculed Hindu gods openly, yet it shows the tolerance or "weak memory" of Hindus.

Playing identity politics works there. Periyarists, DKs and people like these below gets to talk about how you ought to beat up only two people to get  your way...

Media is inching its way to anarchy says one. There's an anti-Modi sentiment says another :lol: Both of them are from other states and probably not living in India by the looks of it. I live in Chennai the heart of TN. Things remain the same. DMK or ADMK things remain the same. It won't change. Close twitter and live your lives. sound advice :p:

16 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Media is inching its way to anarchy says one. There's an anti-Modi sentiment says another :lol: Both of them are from other states and probably not living in India by the looks of it. I live in Chennai the heart of TN. Things remain the same. DMK or ADMK things remain the same. It won't change. Close twitter and live your lives. sound advice :p:

School people with some ground reportage, then

40 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

there is no denying that gundagiri will be out of control if DMK comes to power going by their past rule and current behavior of some of their partymen ..

8 hours ago, velu said:

there is no denying that gundagiri will be out of control if DMK comes to power going by their past rule and current behavior of some of their partymen ..

That is to be expected nothing new to TN. Its looking like its out of control now due to the SM. Its just posturing which is usual for politicians.

9 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

School people with some ground reportage, then

Reporting about TN politics from outside the country is just :lol: If I say the same thing calling you a schoolboy, you will accuse me of calling names. Unlike you I live in Chennai. I will trust my observations rather than some kannadiga who lives in US :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Reporting about TN politics from outside the country is just :lol: If I say the same thing calling you a schoolboy, you will accuse me of calling names. Unlike you I live in Chennai. I will trust my observations rather than some kannadiga who lives in US :facepalm:

sorry you didn’t get me, I meant educate us better about ground reality.

2 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

sorry you didn’t get me, I meant educate us better about ground reality.

Misuderstood your post there. From what I have heard, DMK is a party formed by gundas and ADMK is a party where politicians turned into gundas. gundagiri is the norm in politics in TN and I think in India as well. What you are hearing from SM is what we have been hearing all the time. What remained in TV in those days is all over coverage in SM and gets unnecessary attention. This is all posturing to draw voters. That's why I said to switch off SM. Most people will have some peace of mind if they do.

After winning 39/40 in 2019, if they don't win 200 seats I'm going to consider it as a loss for DMK. 118 is the winning number though.

No more than 25 seats to Dilli party Congress. Even that is high. Give some in Kanyakumari and nadar voter strongholds. Last time wherever they competed head to head against AIADMK, DMK did win more seats than than admk. Congress lost more to them and that was the reason they lost. Can't have that again.

6 hours ago, Stan AF said:

BTW, hugely, heavily and biggglyyy disappointed with MK Stalin roping in Prashant Kishore. Big blunder.

Never ever evernever allow an outsider in TN's politics. Your father would have never done it.

This guy has worked with a wide range of parties leaning left or right. Its guys like these that tell us that most parties are a joke and by extension democracy as a concept.