Can Jasprit Bumrah and Mohammad Shami get to 300 test wickets?

Majestic

9 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

That will not happen. In India, only batsmen are superstars. Look at how Ishant became our back option and Siraj first choice. It needed just 5-6 bad matches for Ishant Sharma. Now compare that to Rahane, a non entity who is failing for 50 matches.

Plus fast bowlers are injury prone, that means there is always a chance for young talents, they just need to grab it like Siraj did.

Sachin Sachin King Sachchu King only. Best only. All time great only. 

Bowlers is grunt work. Menial job. Third class. Ghatiya. 

Kapil said it best. Batsmen are like CAs in an accounting field. Just relax at the office in an air-conditioned room. 

Bowling is like labour intensive work. Hard tough work. Toil hard for lower pay and overtime etc lol. 

5 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

I am not particularly hot on Porel for the same reason, a lack of grunt power. So there are caveats with him. But on the A tour, he did have SA batsmen looking uncomfortable against him. His FC record is holding up nicely so far both in terms of average and SR....and I place a LOT of value on that. In fact, his FC record is closely tracking Shami who played at Eden Gardens.

If he can be someone who averages 135 clicks, stays supremely accurate and seams the ball both ways, I feel he can make a career in tests. But I'll say this, quicks nowadays in India, unless they are Bumrah level talent, shouldn't be guaranteed a career like Ishant. More like Umesh instead, a horses for courses, where they are rotated, come in fresh, and the team barely feels a dip in performance of the bowling unit.

My worry regarding Porel is that he may end up averaging 127 kph or 128 kph if he has to bowl 20+ overs a day in SENA.

He was hitting top speeds of 135 k / 136 k while bowling 4 overs in the IPL match he played  ( and he was not trying slower balls )

If he can indeed average 135 kph with bounce, seam movement and accuracy then it would be an entirely different matter.  But he hasn't done it in the last 3 years.

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

My worry regarding Porel is that he may end up averaging 127 kph or 128 kph if he has to bowl 20+ overs a day in SENA.

He was hitting top speeds of 135 k / 136 k while bowling 4 overs in the IPL match he played  ( and he was not trying slower balls )

If he can indeed average 135 kph with bounce, seam movement and accuracy then it would be an entirely different matter.  But he hasn't done it in the last 3 years.

in Ranjis, I have seen him bowl in mid-120s when bowling longer spells. he does not have the stamina/fitness to bowl for long. if one looks carefully at FC record, his wkts/match and wkts/innings is low - this is manifestly because he begins to trundle soon and is therefore not bowled much.

Clearly porel has a issue or two with his action, there is misalignment with his footings and the non bowling arm falls down very quickly, the coaches should have worked on this obvious weakness in his action which is stopping him from bowling quicker, I wouldn't disregard porel, his numbers are terrific and he does have credidentials, the recent SA A he was the best bowler on show from either sides.

On 12/31/2021 at 5:39 PM, Lord said:

Surprised Shami only has 200 wickets lol, playing for long time.

Bumrah already 100+ in 3 years :hatsoff:

India did not play overseas cricket in 2016 and 2017 except wi, plus shami was injured in 2015 hence missed out on the SL series, SA series at home, he has been a support bowler ever since bumrah has made his test debut 2017/2018