Another Turner in Ahmedabad

neel roy

Just now, SRT100 said:

When was the last time India was at full strength? Outside of Asia?

Gee. Trying to think. 2018 vs Australia definitely all were fully fit. 

Idiot Kohli still made wrong selections for opening spots though. 

He dropped puji and Rahane for s.africa series.

Ahmedabad weather has gone from a mild spring to warm in last 2-3 days. Day highs of 36. If they have not watered the pitch adequately, will crumble from day 1.

Additionally, I could not collect my tickets today from the counter. Pathetic management. Randomly closed the counter at 5 (was supposed to be open till 6) due to some security arrangements. 

4 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Ahmedabad weather has gone from a mild spring to warm in last 2-3 days. Day highs of 36. If they have not watered the pitch adequately, will crumble from day 1.

Additionally, I could not collect my tickets today from the counter. Pathetic management. Randomly closed the counter at 5 (was supposed to be open till 6) due to some security arrangements. 

Curmble from say 1 is ok. But can it last 4days without crumbling too much? 

2nd test was very exciting tbh. 

6 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

I am just thinking how easy will it be to play on a crumbling pitch at 9 o clock in the night with seam barely visible.. 

Edited by neel roy
2 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Can any locals tell me, is there dew in the evening?

Will the ground be a sell out for the game?

I just hope the ball spins from Over 1, Ball 1.

I enjoyed literally every session of the last test. It had plenty of wickets and runs too. What more could you ask?

Almost negligible dew for the last week or so in Ahmedabad. But under lights, some of it may start to settle in the last hour (play can go on till 10 pm)

Local FM channels have been saying around 25k tickets sold and equal number of passes distributed. So expect minimum 35-40k people attending today and during the weekend.