Jump to content
ash

Crimes Against Dalit or Caste - Keeping track

Recommended Posts

Absolutely, India is riddled with caste crimes. Mostly in non-urban and semi-urban areas. Even in states like Gujarat, dalits are afraid to take the baraat out in areas of upper caste people. Pathetic. We will not see it erased out in our lifetime. Education is the only key. There were some discussions earlier...

 

Edited by coffee_rules
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ash said:


Bogus article influenced by Equality Labs started by Bangladeshi Islamist and Ambedkarites. Don’t bring in fake cases and dilute the real problem faced in Infia due to casteism 

 

They lost the case to Cisco who won it, but still they carry on this narrative.

Edited by coffee_rules
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:


Bogus article influenced by Equality Labs started by Bangladeshi Islamist and Ambedkarites. Don’t bring in fake cases and dilute the real problem faced in Infia due to casteism 

 

They lost the case to Cisco who won it, but still they carry on this narrative.

Jatav’s classmates quickly identified him as Dalit. He’d been educated in Hindi-language schools, and his English was poor. His clothes were worn and shabby. He didn’t have a smartphone. In an environment where entrance exam scores are status symbols, Jatav had placed relatively low, marking him as a “quota” student. He heard loud comments saying he was at IIT only because of his “category” instead of “earning it rightfully.” He wasn’t invited to study groups, dinners, or social events.

 

All these events are very common in India, even I have seen this in my college

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, ash said:

Jatav’s classmates quickly identified him as Dalit. He’d been educated in Hindi-language schools, and his English was poor. His clothes were worn and shabby. He didn’t have a smartphone. In an environment where entrance exam scores are status symbols, Jatav had placed relatively low, marking him as a “quota” student. He heard loud comments saying he was at IIT only because of his “category” instead of “earning it rightfully.” He wasn’t invited to study groups, dinners, or social events.

 

All these events are very common in India, even I have seen this in my college

That’s legit, don’t include this as a crime. Do you know how many self immolated during mandal against reservation, this is a real problem. The Dalit crime is much more at ground than what you are claiming here 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So just to the parameters right for this thread. Would this include crimes by let’s Muslims / Christians/ Other Dalits on Dalits ? Or are we specifically to bring up crimes against Dalits by upper caste Hindu as quoted in caravan, nyt, huffpost, Hindu, newsminute, wire etc. 
 

just want to be sure that our selectivity has correct filters on, say of an upper caste Hindu kills Dalit in road rage incident, does that count ? 

Edited by ravishingravi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ambedkar proposed a solution in Annihalation of Caste, maybe time to reprint the speech and spread the message.

 

A simple solution would be to declare all Hindus as Brahmins.

But will difficult when too many now use to quotas and freebies allocated for years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

So just to the parameters right for this thread. Would this include crimes by let’s Muslims / Christians/ Other Dalits on Dalits ? Or are we specifically to bring up crimes against Dalits by upper caste Hindu as quoted in caravan, nyt, huffpost, Hindu, newsminute, wire etc. 
 

just want to be sure that our selectivity has correct filters on, say of an upper caste Hindu kills Dalit in road rage incident, does that count ? 

You can quote any crime committed with caste as motive. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, chewy said:

Ambedkar proposed a solution in Annihalation of Caste, maybe time to reprint the speech and spread the message.

 

A simple solution would be to declare all Hindus as Brahmins.

But will difficult when too many now use to quotas and freebies allocated for years.

Why should everyone be Brahmins? Why to carry the caste? 

 

Caste cannot be removed in a day, and cannot be abolished by blanket statements like "tear your caste certificate". 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

That’s legit, don’t include this as a crime. Do you know how many self immolated during mandal against reservation, this is a real problem. The Dalit crime is much more at ground than what you are claiming here 

Why is it not a crime. When people talk about Dalit crimes , most of the attention is on physical violence like murder and rape, but the mental harassment never gets enough attention. What the UC guy did to his classmate is a crime, even if physical violence was not involved

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:


So let’s say a Dalit kills an upper caste Hindu after years of oppression. Does that count as caste based crime ? 

It is a crime, but definitely not caste based since he was the one who was oppressed by the UC Hindu. Let's say a man is abusing his wife and one day she kills him, the initial act of abuse would come under sexism, but the crime of the women is not sexist, it is just revenge

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, ash said:

It is a crime, but definitely not caste based since he was the one who was oppressed by the UC Hindu. Let's say a man is abusing his wife and one day she kills him, the initial act of abuse would come under sexism, but the crime of the women is not sexist, it is just revenge

 


Understood your main filter is to report stories where the story says it’s crime based on caste. It’s clear. We should be aware of which narrative you want to cover and which to ignore. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...