IPL ... Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners ....

express bowling

Prasidh was terrific today, numbers don't always tell the right story, express bhai mentioned it earlier, prasidh's hard lengths have been 142kph or over consistently over the last few games, he's running in harder and seems to be in great rhythm ATM. A hint of movement with this rhythm, he becomes a beast. Prasidh should definitely be in the t20 wc squad imo.

58 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Prasidh is looking far more impressive than Sen in terms of skills and natural bounce.

And both are of similar pace and height .. that is quick and tall.

Something wrong with sen's seam presentation, he's release seems to be going wrong.

2 hours ago, Mosher said:

Yes bro. Saw the highlights of Bumrah's brilliant spell. Great fast bowling display. Not able to watch the matches in past few days but following this thread to get updates.

Full replays are available on Hotstar for the last 3 matches.

You can see the entire overs of the spells that you miss bro.

13 hours ago, Mesky99 said:

Prasidh was terrific today, numbers don't always tell the right story, express bhai mentioned it earlier, prasidh's hard lengths have been 142kph or over consistently over the last few games, he's running in harder and seems to be in great rhythm ATM. A hint of movement with this rhythm, he becomes a beast. Prasidh should definitely be in the t20 wc squad imo.

What really impressed me about Prasidh is that he troubles every big international batter with pace and bounce 

Saw it with Stokes and Buttler in his debut ODI series .... in the lone ODI he played in SA, he had Rassie Van der dussen in all sorts of trouble .... today, the same Warner who easily tackled 157 k by Umran was regularly hopping and jumping to Prasidh.

I hope Team India realizes Prasidh's potential and gives him enough chances.

Edited by express bowling

23 minutes ago, express bowling said:

What really impressed me about Prasidh is that he troubles every big international batter with pace and pace.

Saw it with Stokes and Buttler in his debut ODI series .... in the lone ODI he played in SA, he had Rassie Van der dussen in all sorts of trouble .... today, the same Warner who easily tackled 157 k by Umran was regularly hopping and jumping to Prasidh.

I hope Team India realizes Prasidh's potential and gives him enough chances.

His death bowling skills have improved too, wide Yorkers are working for him, if I remember correctly in his debut odi Morgan was dropped first ball of prasidh, ball went across Morgan with bounce and he fended at it. Q

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

What pace did Bumrah bowl today? Speed looks on the lower side at Wankhede.

The ones i saw were 140+,i didn't see his other 3 overs

Simarjeet too looked quick but speed readings weren't matching,i may hvve seen 9-10 deliveries from him fastest of 143 others were 136-138 ,but looked quite quick His one banged in short delivery to charging Rohit went psat a jumping Dhoni so quickly for four Looked quick

12 hours ago, Suhaan said:

The ones i saw were 140+,i didn't see his other 3 overs

Simarjeet too looked quick but speed readings weren't matching,i may hvve seen 9-10 deliveries from him fastest of 143 others were 136-138 ,but looked quite quick His one banged in short delivery to charging Rohit went psat a jumping Dhoni so quickly for four Looked quick

Wrist snap at the point of delivery seems to rush batsmen even if absolute speed doesn't seem as high as some of the others. He is getting some movement too. 

I like the look of Chaudhary, he seems to be the only left armer we have who can bring it back in not including absolute trundlers like Sakaria and Nagwazwala. I haven't seen this from Dayal, Khaleel, Natarajan, Arshdeep Mohsin, etc 

Edited by rollingstoned

17 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

Wrist snap at the point of delivery seems to rush batsmen even if absolute speed doesn't seem as high as some of the others. He is getting some movement too. 

I like the look of Chaudhary, he seems to be the only left armer we have who can bring it back in not including absolute trundlers like Sakaria and Nagwazwala. I haven't seen this from Dayal, Khaleel, Natarajan, Arshdeep Mohsin, etc 

Dayal can also bring it in to RHB

59 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

Arshdeep does it. From whatever I have seen (I don't watch CSK games mostly), Mukesh looked like an outswing bowler, but he can bring it in like you said, that's great.

1 hour ago, rollingstoned said:

Khaleel can bring the ball back in..  I have seen that in previous IPl editions.  Although this time he is mostly focusing on taking it away.  And getting bounce. 

Mohsin looks like a one trick Pony to me.  Dayal gets good bounce & one to watch out for. 

Mukesh is seriously impressive with the amount of swing he generates at decent pace & he showed he call bring the ball back in.  But there was good help last night there for pacers.  Even Sams who is mediocre was swinging it miles. 

Khaleel has been by far the best on every surface he has played at. 

Ravi Shastri in Hindi commentary pointed that out to Irfan.  And said he should be first one to get a chance coz he is taller & has Int'l experience. 

I am annoyed at how he is getting niggles & Sakriya is getting to play these few game.  Khaleel could have been a purple cap contender if he had played every game. 

22 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Khaleel can bring the ball back in..  I have seen that in previous IPl editions.  Although this time he is mostly focusing on taking it away.  And getting bounce. 

Mohsin looks like a one trick Pony to me.  Dayal gets good bounce & one to watch out for. 

Mukesh is seriously impressive with the amount of swing he generates at decent pace & he showed he call bring the ball back in.  But there was good help last night there for pacers.  Even Sams who is mediocre was swinging it miles. 

Khaleel has been by far the best on every surface he has played at. 

Ravi Shastri in Hindi commentary pointed that out to Irfan.  And said he should be first one to get a chance coz he is taller & has Int'l experience. 

I am annoyed at how he is getting niggles & Sakriya is getting to play these few game.  Khaleel could have been a purple cap contender if he had played every game. 

He has come back well but there was a period when Khaleel looked out of sorts. Little to no zip in his bowling and lacking in rhythm and confidence. That seems to be back this season. 

"Cricket expert" Aakash Chopra wants Umran to grind it out in Ranji and probably become another one of those line and length trundlers when they get selected too late. Hope Aakash doesn't become a cricket selector. Bishop right again and one of the most sensible cricket commentators around.

“Umran Malik is not yet ready to play for India. Of course, we are very excited to see him play. As Indians, this is what excites us the most. I think the kid is still raw, still learning the ropes. There will be the time he plays for India, but he is not ready based on the last couple of games,” Aakash said.

Bishop countered by saying that Umran is ready to be in the Indian squad and learn from the likes of Mohammad Shami and Jasprit Bumrah even if he doesn’t get to play in the XI immediately.

“The guy bowled at 157. He has something that I think no one else in the world has, I can't think of anyone in the world who has it. I think if he gets into the squad, he may not have to play immediately. Among Bumrah, Shami, one or two others, (being alongside them) would be important for his learning even more than, say, going on a few 'A' tours. He, sure enough, is learning in this IPL,” said Bishop.

https://circleofcricket.com/category/IPL/76101/ipl-2022-umran-malik-not-ready-for-indian-team-aakash-chopra-bishop-vettori-counter-his-views?

Edited by Mosher