IPL ... Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners ....

express bowling

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Harshit will definitely bowl upto high 140s if he is given the license to bowl flat out in an ODI.

I think 142-146 is his ceiling.

Fastest delivery of him is 148 which I remember last season..previous to that it was around 144-145.

Though he seems to me as a bowler who can bowl long spells without breaking a sweat....very similar to Akashdeep & Shami who too can bowl long spells.

21 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

I think 142-146 is his ceiling.

Fastest delivery of him is 148 which I remember last season..previous to that it was around 144-145.

Though he seems to me as a bowler who can bowl long spells without breaking a sweat....very similar to Akashdeep & Shami who too can bowl long spells.

The frequency with which Harshit is hitting 144 k / 145 k in thd last 2 matches, despite bowling slower deliveries inbetween, is probably an indication that he can bowl.quicker.

Plus Harshit is just 22 and Indians are at their quickest after age 24.

9 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Harshit did not bowl a single bad ball in his 4th over but still went for 19 runs in his 4th over. That is the nature of the game now. 

Slower

Attempted yorker .. dot ball 

Attempted indipping yorker

Rising short ball

Slower

Slower 

Nothing much you can do...  That was a incredible finish from Jos...  That low dipping full toss that he smoked was just unbelievable. 

11 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Harshit did not bowl a single bad ball in his 4th over but still went for 19 runs in his 4th over. That is the nature of the game now. 

Slower

Attempted yorker .. dot ball 

Attempted indipping yorker

Rising short ball

Slower

Slower 

No. He should have bowled slower cutters from back of a length .  First ball was full and got smashed by Buttler. 

5 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

No. He should have bowled slower cutters from back of a length .  First ball was full and got smashed by Buttler. 

Harshit's fuller length slower balls have been effective till now. Have fetched him 2 wickets and a dropped catch in earlier games. 

15 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Jos was hanging on the backfoot...  He was waiting for anything short and first ball he even delayed his swing.   Eden Garden is a tough venue to defend sometimes. 

Only thing he could have done is bowl a full fast wide yorker or even a full toss. 

even though Harshit got a beating in final over from Butler but these are the contests and experiences that will make him mature and a better bowler..this is learning at the ost of who cares ipl..that may come in handy when he plays for India..

by default variation for him means slower bowl..he tried that 1st bowl and Butler smashed him for a six..imo..if was just floaty length slower bowl..I prefer Patrick Cummins slower off cutters which he hits with intent and gets bounc etoo..hopefully..the slower bowls will have more intent in future..

other variation he tried was yorker..unfortunately that came as a lower full toss but batters of Butlers calibre who is well set easily hit it straight for 4..so the issue was execution but well tried..

3rd one he tried was slightly short of length but I felt he didnt banged it with intent..and became easy hit me shortish bowl for Butker which went for 6 again..

by this time..the damage has been done..

It takes lot of confidence,awareness,skills,fitness and maturity to be absolutely perfect with your plan and execution..

since he is so young..and more he plays..more he will learn..and work on..I am happy that this will go down as good experience for him..hopefully he wont feel down in confidence after this last over and will learn from it.. 

Perhaps..he may also try to set better fields next time..like off side maximum..and try wide yorkers and slower spongy bowls on wide off side too..

Edited by Need4Speed

This is where New Ind bowlers have to learn quickly -- Sen did it and now Rana they nearly got their side to a winning position  and then 1 bad or not so good over lost them the match, top batters will try to get 20+ runs over in crunch situations they have to be smart and find ways to stop them from getting 2 boundaries in an over try finishing well. 

Cannot lose games in 19th/20th overs games are being decided in this little time frame, v.good batting by Jos and v.v. effective quick knock by Powel - RR were down and dusted he added the so required momentum and belief.

Edited by tapandrun

4 hours ago, express bowling said:

Chahal and Ashwin bowling as poorly as Sen.

Chahal has been getting wkts mostly bowling defensively- Bowling away from batters he is not targeting stumps or edges.

He is relying more on batters making mistake and power failure in the shots, this only works when batter has to hit every ball or there is power failure.

Domestic or Ind batter does not move much in the crease making it easier for Chahal to take wkt with Intnl batters having ability to move in crease/and reverse sweep or ability to hit balls moving away from them its just defensive line hopping batter makes the mistake which does not happen often in intnl cricket

4 hours ago, express bowling said:

Poor lines has always been Kuldeep Sen's issue. Let's accept it. 

Need some fixing in action or need to bowl more in the matches, has the ingredients to be a good bowler.

Decent pace from all the lengths- short, full, good length , has zip bowls from close to stumps,bounce and wkt taking ability

Edited by tapandrun

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

The frequency with which Harshit is hitting 144 k / 145 k in thd last 2 matches, despite bowling slower deliveries inbetween, is probably an indication that he can bowl.quicker.

Plus Harshit is just 22 and Indians are at their quickest after age 24.

He can bowl bit quicker, as mentioned before he is trying to add new deliveries ,it takes time to develop the repetition at full arm speed.

He wont be Umran/Mayank/Tyagi**

13 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Haven't tracked him much this season. The fastest I have seen / read is probably 145 k.

Just wanted to confirm, someone was saying Starc better genetics allows him bowl quicker than ours

When our own Umesh still can crank above 145

Ishant decimated Russells stumps with a ball/Yorker of this season at 144,lol we have poor genetics we don't have it absolute lol